LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Which former 49ers 1st round pick is sitting on the hottest seat heading into 2018?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which former 49ers 1st round pick is sitting on the hottest seat heading into 2018?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimmyJesus:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

I know, we could have had Aaron Rodgers. I'm a Trailblazer fan too, passed on Michael Jordan and Kevin Durant. Life sucks lol.

Man, that does suck.
Continue with the cleansing period,

Get rid of them all!!!!!
I know, we could have had Aaron Rodgers. I'm a Trailblazer fan too, passed on Michael Jordan and Kevin Durant. Life sucks lol.

Trailblazers were stupid. Durant was CLEARLY the superior prospect but they went with the more important position. Stupid f**ks.
Trailblazers were stupid. Durant was CLEARLY the superior prospect but they went with the more important position. Stupid f**ks.

Can't argue that one, they thought Oden was the next B. Russell, I'm not b******tting.
[ Edited by JimmyJesus on Jan 26, 2018 at 4:40 AM ]
Probably Ward, then Armstead, then Garnett, and the gap between Ward and Armstead is not that big.
Gotta be Ward. I mean where is he going to play. Safety??? Slot corner??? He's not needed at any of those positions anymore.
Originally posted by Ark49er:
Gotta be Ward. I mean where is he going to play. Safety??? Slot corner??? He's not needed at any of those positions anymore.

Free Safety? A. Colbert looked pretty promising. Slot Corner? K. Williams has it on lock down. I think Jimmy Glass is getting the big boot in the ass, especially at 8 million.
[ Edited by JimmyJesus on Jan 26, 2018 at 6:19 AM ]
Garnett no doubt. He just might not be a fit for the zone. Maybe we trade him on draft day?
Should have kept Scot McCoughlan around

First two picks as actual GM.

Kentwan Balmer and Chilo Rachal.

Passing on Desean Jackson twice in the process.

He also gave a 5 year deal to Brandon Jones of the Titans who was absolute garbage and was cut just a year later.

McCloughan is great in an advisory role but as soon as he got full personnel control he went potato....or just started drinking a lot more.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
First two picks as actual GM.

Kentwan Balmer and Chilo Rachal.

Passing on Desean Jackson twice in the process.

He also gave a 5 year deal to Brandon Jones of the Titans who was absolute garbage and was cut just a year later.

McCloughan is great in an advisory role but as soon as he got full personnel control he went potato....or just started drinking a lot more.
Ok Phoenix, you want to mess with Jimmy Jesus lol. I found this

http://www.nbcsports.com/washington/balitmore-ravens/looking-back-some-scot-mccloughans-best-draft-picks

Ok Phoenix, you want to mess with Jimmy Jesus lol. I found this

http://www.nbcsports.com/washington/balitmore-ravens/looking-back-some-scot-mccloughans-best-draft-picks

And?

He wasn't the guy pulling the trigger on the vast majority of those. With the 49ers, Nolan had full personnel control through 2007, meaning he had final say on whomever the 49ers signed or drafted.

As soon as McCloughan got it his two drafts with the 49ers were pretty much garbage with the exception of Crabtree who any one on this forum would have picked after Al Davis whiffed. Beyond him those two drafts are downright awful.

McCloughan is a nice dude to have in your front office, you just don't want him running your front office.
[ Edited by JimmyJesus on Jan 28, 2018 at 4:02 AM ]
I will never win with the moderators, so yes, S. McCloughan is just average. All the others in Seattle/ Washington good luck, you guys have sucked ever since. Dude drinks because he is surrounded by idiots. The guy is well liked/respected and got booted. Yes, he loved the booze. But he was better than everyone else. Get over it.

All I have to judge him on specifically is his record as a GM when he had 100% control over everything. When the buck stopped with him.

When he was just a voice in the room but not the guy actually calling the shots, under Nolan in SF and Schneider in Seattle,they were very successful.

Ultimately credit and blame mostly gets assigned to the guy with the final say.

When McCloughan had the final say with the 49ers, his record shows he did very poorly.

Why that is I can't say but both the 2008 and 2009 drafts were bad. There were also some questionable free agent signings during that time too.

Maybe like a Wade Phillips, McCloughan is better suited to help "the guy" than to be "the guy."

Well hello! Good to see another blazer fan. Yep, passing on Jordan for Sam Bowie and Durant for, wasn't it Greg Oden?.....
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Well hello! Good to see another blazer fan. Yep, passing on Jordan for Sam Bowie and Durant for, wasn't it Greg Oden?.....

They went with a 39 year old center over a ridiculously talented swingman.
Share 49ersWebzone