There are 204 users in the forums

Niners-Saints trade

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dj43:
Loved seeing Reid get in the kids face just as he is about to get flagged for taunting. Some folks don't like Reid but stuff like this is why he is worth keeping around.

Reid smartly saved him from going hero-to-zero.
having the Saints 2nd rd pick aswell made the Jimmy G trade that much easier.
Loved seeing Reid get in the kids face just as he is about to get flagged for taunting. Some folks don't like Reid but stuff like this is why he is worth keeping around.

Good point.

I hope he stays and is willing to compete with Tartt at SS. It seems the team was set with Tartt and Ward at safety then they both got hurt and we didn't skip a beat with Reid and Colbert. I'd actually prefer the latter especially with Tartt in his contract year.
Originally posted by babarvaart:

The team was lining up draft picks for ammunition in case they needed to trade up for their franchise qb. The Niners were beyond fortunate get a franchise qb for a second round pick, so lets be happy with that.

Now they also have a second round pick to B"UILD a team around Jimmy G. All is good in Ninerland
Originally posted by xcfan:
Kamara makes significant plays at will.
They win on this.

As of now. We will see who we get with the Saints 2nd rd pick though. Saints just absolutely crushed the 2017 draft
Originally posted by 9erred:
The team was lining up draft picks for ammunition in case they needed to trade up for their franchise qb. The Niners were beyond fortunate get a franchise qb for a second round pick, so lets be happy with that.

Now they also have a second round pick to B"UILD a team around Jimmy G. All is good in Ninerland

Good point
Another point to be made is everything is fluid. If we drafted Kamira and he kicked arse, Brian Hoyer might have been the starter all season. We might have went 6 and 10, never started CJ Beathard, and gulp never started Jimmy Garropolo. We would once again be going into an off season with no franchise qb to build around.

We have a franchsie qb for a second round pick. We have hope
Originally posted by SteveYoung:

Good point.

I hope he stays and is willing to compete with Tartt at SS. It seems the team was set with Tartt and Ward at safety then they both got hurt and we didn't skip a beat with Reid and Colbert. I'd actually prefer the latter especially with Tartt in his contract year.

I don't know. Would you waste that ability to get to the sidelines on deep balls at SS? That trait rarely comes in an NFL free safety.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Lol That trade was awful for the niners, smart move would have been to draft kamara.
Originally posted by babarvaart:

This

Originally posted by susweel:
Lol That trade was awful for the niners, smart move would have been to draft kamara.

Can't really say that since we don't know what this years 2nd round pick will do.
honestly i like Colbert but id take Kamara any day. That guy is a true game changer and without him, saints wouldnt have made it that far. We would be set at RB for the next three years and we probably could have used that Joe Williams pick, not trade back in the fourth, and picked up carl lawson.

Good chance too that Colbert would of went undrafted had we not drafted him and i think Lynch would of made him a priority and got him here instead of Lorenzo jerome.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Can't really say that since we don't know what this years 2nd round pick will do.

Bird in the hand
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Originally posted by xcfan:
Kamara makes significant plays at will.
They win on this.

As of now. We will see who we get with the Saints 2nd rd pick though. Saints just absolutely crushed the 2017 draft

Strong words after one season.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Bird in the hand
ya, no way in hell whoever we pick in the 2nd this year will make an impact the way Kamara did.
Share 49ersWebzone