There are 176 users in the forums

New alternates

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
All look nice. I get that the silvers are a throw back but not a fan of it. Our team is named after the gold rush, not a silver rush.

Edit: just saw your post of it being white gold. Never mind then lol

Normally, I'd agree, but the overload of white would go better with a chrome silver helmet IMO, the lone tinge if gold would be the trim inside the oval "SF" logo on the helmet.

Right now it's moot, cos the NFL still has that dumb one-helmet shell color policy in force since 2013 (why we haven't seen Bucs or Patriots white throwback helmets for a while) supposedly since it helps prevents concussions (how come college teams like Oregon have dozens of helmets? kids are less important?!)

There are rumors though the policy could be rescinded soon (probably as a marketing ploy to coincide with the NFL's 100th anniversary in the 2019 season) since most teams and Nike will design throwbacks again like in 1994...
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Gold jerseys, yuck

Is that happening? Or are you just assuming?

Id be ok with all whites like the Packers use. Its the least offensive "color rush" option.

My source has confirmed gold jerseys

It's to counter the Rams' color rush yellow alternates, which they stupidly named their "Gold Rush" set....f**ken idiots
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Normally, I'd agree, but the overload of white would go better with a chrome silver helmet IMO, the lone tinge if gold would be the trim inside the oval "SF" logo on the helmet.

Right now it's moot, cos the NFL still has that dumb one-helmet shell color policy in force since 2013 (why we haven't seen Bucs or Patriots white throwback helmets for a while) supposedly since it helps prevents concussions (how come college teams like Oregon have dozens of helmets? kids are less important?!)

There are rumors though the policy could be rescinded soon (probably as a marketing ploy to coincide with the NFL's 100th anniversary in the 2019 season) since most teams and Nike will design throwbacks again like in 1994...

Yea I see what you mean, the gold helmet on all white uniform might seem a little imbalanced.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Gold jerseys, yuck

Is that happening? Or are you just assuming?

Id be ok with all whites like the Packers use. Its the least offensive "color rush" option.

My source has confirmed gold jerseys

Is your source Garce?
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
I hope they do. I hated the black alternates from the day they were unveiled

This!

These would look clean for color rush
Originally posted by Sourball:

This. Black jerseys aweful. Look like college jerseys. Go back to white pants.

Get rid of the shadow and we're talking.
About f**king time, hated those stupid black uniforms. They better bring back the ones they wore in 94. I would buy it in a second

White pants also red jersey option please

I have been begging for these to come back forever. Please. Please. Please.

Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:

White pants also red jersey option please

Im trying to watch the 9ers not the buckeyes, silver is ridiculous and doesn't make sense for this team. Why wear silver when we're the 49ERS?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Those look hideous.
Originally posted by susweel:
The black jerseys are fire. I'm gonna be pissed if they get rid of them.

Wurd
Share 49ersWebzone