LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

What Is The 49er's Absolute Biggest Need Going Into 2018 Season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What Is The 49er's Absolute Biggest Need Going Into 2018 Season?

I know all teams have more than one need going into the off-season.
But if you could address only one position for your team what would it be?
I read a interesting article on the Niner Gazette.I know it's a Fansided site,but
IMO this actually sounded like a pretty good Idea.The title for the article is:
2018 NFL free agency: Why 49ers need to sign wide receiver Allen Robinson
https://ninernoise.com/2018/01/11/49ers-2018-nfl-free-agency-wide-receiver-allen-robinson/

Robinson is coming off a ACL injury from early last season.
prior to last season he was putting up some serious numbers.
2015-2016 he put up 2283 yds receiving and 20 td's.
All of this with Bortles at QB,plus Robinson is only 24yo.
Thoughts anybody???
[ Edited by tavian on Jan 12, 2018 at 5:51 AM ]
The O-line for the running game, but not so much as the passing game anymore considering JG gets the ball out so quick. I went with WR, but we need a stud pass rusher as well
Edge rusher and it's not even close.

Jimmy and KS will put up points against anyone. Jimmy has also shown that he can get the ball out quick and avoid the big hits. Can our OL use an upgrade at LG/RG? Sure, but if we truly want to compete we have to fix our inept pass rush. We can't have the TJ Yates of the league sitting all day in the pocket and dissecting your defense on 3rd down because you can't bring pressure without blitzing.
Sign Jimmy G.
Elite pass rusher.
Originally posted by Nastastical:

Jimmy and KS will put up points against anyone. Jimmy has also shown that he can get the ball out quick and avoid the big hits. Can our OL use an upgrade at LG/RG? Sure, but if we truly want to compete we have to fix our inept pass rush. We can't have the TJ Yates of the league sitting all day in the pocket and dissecting your defense on 3rd down because you can't bring pressure without blitzing.

I agree but is there even an Aldon Smith out there in FA or the draft?
O line. Before Garoppolo starts following in Luck's footsteps. I know Jimmy gets the ball out quickly but that doesnt stop the late hits, the cheap shots and the cumulative effects of being knocked down by 300 pound linemen. He was able to handle it last season but he did get quite knocked around. I dont want to see us screwing up at franchise qb like the Colts have.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
The O-line for the running game, but not so much as the passing game anymore considering JG gets the ball out so quick. I went with WR, but we need a stud pass rusher as well

JG has one of the quickest releases I have ever seen,but more time would allow them to run
more deep game concepts.

How do you not add pass rusher to that list?
Hands down O line... I can't believe how bad the Niners let the O line get since 2013. No excuse
Originally posted by English:
O line. Before Garoppolo starts following in Luck's footsteps. I know Jimmy gets the ball out quickly but that doesnt stop the late hits, the cheap shots and the cumulative effects of being knocked down by 300 pound linemen. He was able to handle it last season but he did get quite knocked around. I dont want to see us screwing up at franchise qb like the Colts have.

This. We need to limit the hits Jimmy takes, he is the franchise.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
oline upgrade..edge rusher
Originally posted by Nastastical:

You want jimmy G killed?
Share 49ersWebzone