LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

If we only re-sign one? (Hyde vs Reid)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If we only re-sign one? (Hyde vs Reid)

• Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Breida will never be RB1, he just doesn't have the size nor the power to be a 3-down back or the lead back.

The production that he enjoyed last season was more than often helped by Carlos after Carlos had pounded and softened the opposing defense.

If people don't want Hyde, then they will have to convince me with a better legit power back.

I concur
Jimmy Garoppolo is the priority to sign long term if we could only sign one. However, with all the money we have left over, signing just 1 guy would be a mistake. We still need more talent, and we gotta try to keep the talent we currently have on the roster. Hyde and Reid are the best players behind JG on the last year of their deal, and it's a smart move to bring them back. I'd sign Hyde and Reid to team friendly deals if they're willing to accept less money. That's all if Lynch offers them contracts, because if he does I do believe they'll come back, even if it's a little under their value in the FA market. Reid has a family member on the Stanford team, so I'm sure he wants to stay local and Hyde is highly interested in being part of the squad next year because of the teams potential. Hyde has 3 more years of RB life, Reid another 5 years. JG, Hyde and Reid make the team better. I'd also bring Tank to another 2 year deal.
Originally posted by Andra:
This is a tough one but I guess I would have to say Hyde only because I'm not sold on Breida as a RB1. We have better depth at safety.

Yup. Thats what im thinking. The Safety position is in good hands with Tartt & Colbert. It would be nice to not have to worry about the RB position this off-season.
Hyde obviously.

Both good players, but we have starting caliber safeties on the roster already.

Then you look at the RB depth. It's horrible. Breida is a nice change of pace back, but he's shouldn't get the buttload of carries. Joe Williams might be a bust. Mostert is just a good special teams player. So Shanahan might have to spend another late pick on an RB in this coming draft. And who knows how that is going to turn out.
[ Edited by Ensatsu on Jan 6, 2018 at 11:29 AM ]
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Or

We can sign Jimmy Guap long term

Sign Hyde

Ughh. And Franchise Reid...id rather go with Colbert.

...think you mean Tartt (SS). Colbert is our starting FS.
Originally posted by 4912:
Neither

Yea neither is what we need.
Originally posted by 4912:
Neither

The Niners can do better than either of them and I expect Lynch to upgrade both positions.
Breida is the real deal . Give him the ball and you will forget about Hyde quickly .
This is a tough one but I guess I would have to say Hyde only because I'm not sold on Breida as a RB1. We have better depth at safety.

Breida will never be RB1, he just doesn't have the size nor the power to be a 3-down back or the lead back.

The production that he enjoyed last season was more than often helped by Carlos after Carlos had pounded and softened the opposing defense.

If people don't want Hyde, then they will have to convince me with a better legit power back.
Correct.

[ Edited by WestCoastForever on Jan 6, 2018 at 4:12 PM ]
Why would you want Reid Tartt is got so much more potential and way superior athleticism and way better in coverage. Hyde will only ascend in KS scheme as our line play improves. He will see very few 8 man boxes and will only get better he proved a lot of people wrong that he can't stay healthy my choice is HYDE.

both are gone
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Treat it like the draft between 49ers/Raiders. Coin flip
Where is the Aron Lynch choice
Originally posted by father49er:
both are gone

most likely... but if price is right and can't get in on someone like bell, then hyde
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
They're both good but both get hurt a lot too
Share 49ersWebzone