There are 188 users in the forums

Harbaugh or Shanahan

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Harbaugh or Shanahan

This guy put up this poll. What's the WZ's opinion?
Hard question.
Does Greg Roman come with Harbaugh?
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Stoney on that new legal green
Harbaugh HC , shanny oc, fangio dc

Super bawlz
You have to be joking. An offensive genius or a knuckle dragging bi polar maniac are the choices? Shanahan, all day long. Harbaugh is already showing signs of wearing out his welcome at another college.
If only going by what they've accomplished so far, then Harbaugh, because 44-19-1 is a much better record than 6-10. Harbaugh is still the only coach hired by a York to produce a winning record. I don't know who the better coach is and I don't think it matters. It's a result based business. I hope in the future it's possible to say Shanahan is the better HC without giving into the bias that comes from Shanahan being the current head coach.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Harbaugh HC , shanny oc, fangio dc

Super bawlz

Great compromise.
Originally posted by JFG49ers:
If only going by what they've accomplished so far, then Harbaugh, because 44-19-1 is a much better record than 6-10. Harbaugh is still the only coach hired by a York to produce a winning record. I don't know who the better coach is and I don't think it matters. It's a result based business. I hope in the future it's possible to say Shanahan is the better HC without giving into the bias that comes from Shanahan being the current head coach.

Shanahan had a pretty bad hand to deal with in comparison to what Harbaugh got in 2011.

I agree though. This is a results-based business. Hopefully Lynch and Shanahan feel a good amount of pressure this offseason to get this thing turned around.
I'm an X's and O's nerd and love the offensive side of football. Harbaugh is not in the same Galaxy as Kyle in this regard so I pick Kyle.

This does not mean I didn't love and appreciate the job Jim did. He's a really good coach and accomplished great things for this franchise but in my opinion, Kyle is a special playcaller with a fantastic offense that now has his QB. I will be shocked if he doesn't do really, really well as a HC. How he kept an 0-9 team together and fighting shouldn't be overlooked.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Jan 3, 2018 at 10:04 PM ]

Depends...does Kyle get JG? LOL,

KS should be washing Jimmy's car and folding his laundry every off-season for the remainder of his contract.

Not sure I can take this post serious. Given the exact same team I'm pretty sure Harbaugh would work the one win wonder. After all, he has the highest winning percentage of any coach in their first 3 seasons.
Originally posted by Niners816:
I'm an X's and O's nerd and love the offensive side of football. Harbaugh is not in the same Galaxy as Kyle in this regard so I pick Kyle.

This does not mean I didn't love and appreciate the job Jim did. He's a really good coach and accomplished great things for this franchise but in my opinion, Kyle is a special playcaller with a fantastic offense that now has his QB. I will be shocked if he doesn't do really, really well as a HC. How he kept an 0-9 team together and fighting shouldn't be overlooked.

Pretty much exactly how I feel

This does not mean I didn't love and appreciate the job Jim did. He's a really good coach and accomplished great things for this franchise but in my opinion, Kyle is a special playcaller with a fantastic offense that now has his QB. I will be shocked if he doesn't do really, really well as a HC. How he kept an 0-9 team together and fight shouldn't be overlooked.

Rubbish...Harbaugh might not have an offense as complicated as Kyle, but he knows how to prepare a football team and knows how to design a winning game plan. After all, Harbaugh beat Kyle in the
playoffs when KS had a completely loaded offense.

P.S laughing at the 0-9 moral victory argument. The name of the game is win, not get the locker room to sing kumbaya.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jan 3, 2018 at 10:09 PM ]

I do like that even though we were 0-9, there didn't seem to be any finger-pointing or locker room drama, nor did anybody seem to be "happy" or "content" like when Chip was the coach. Everybody just hung in there.

Hopefully when we face some adversity next season (because let's be honest, we're not going 19-0) the team remembers that 0-9 streak and what they did to get out of it.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Rubbish...Harbaugh might not have an offense as complicated as Kyle, but he knows how to prepare a football team and knows how to design a winning game plan. After all, Harbaugh beat Kyle in the playoffs when KS had a completely loaded offense.

Share 49ersWebzone