There are 255 users in the forums

Next year's hype....

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Next year's hype....

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4912:
Originally posted by Chico:
I'd rather go in as underdogs the entire year. I wouldn't want them to be over confident and let other teams be surprised by our play.
I want to catch teams off guard.

I'm down with this

Too late. With Jimmy going undefeated - the bandwagon train has left the station. I just hope it attracts a lot of good free agents to our team.
Originally posted by Giedi:
I'd rather go in as underdogs the entire year. I wouldn't want them to be over confident and let other teams be surprised by our play.

I'm down with this

Too late. With Jimmy going undefeated - the bandwagon train has left the station. I just hope it attracts a lot of good free agents to our team.

I will say this, when the Patriots were about to go 19-0 it hit me that I wanted that distinguished honor solely for our beloved Niners and rooted for them to lose that game.
Hype or no hype, we kno what jimmy G brings to the table and so does the rest of the league. Either teams get out of Niners way or get run over.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Team49ers:
Hype or no hype, we kno what jimmy G brings to the table and so does the rest of the league. Either teams get out of Niners way or get run over.

The hype train is the #RealDeal
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Not doubting Jimmy but the rest of this team has issues...without him it had the worst 49er start to a season of all time. Talent level of this team is still poor.
Originally posted by jcs:
Not doubting Jimmy but the rest of this team has issues...without him it had the worst 49er start to a season of all time. Talent level of this team is still poor.

Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
You guys know how ridiculous the hype will be next year, especially if we draft Barkley.

I like getting hyped up thinking about the season to come, but I hate when "tv talking heads" get hyped as well.

I hope it isn't as crazy as I think it's going to be because too much pressure too soon can really f**k things up(unless we thrive)

We are not gettin Barkley. I see him going to the colts.

Agree. Irsay already said he wants to go that route. I'm thinking we're going DE/ER 1st round, maybe WR. 1st two rounds depends on how we do in FA.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

"THERE AIN'T NO BRAKES ON THIS HYPE TRAIN!"

Originally posted by LVJay:
C'mon bro you're killin me

Their QBs can't hold a candle to JG...Winston/Carr barely found their way out of a wet paper bag (this year).

JG has only started in ahandful of games. The league has a whole year to adjust to him. But the optimist in me says that Jimmy G will have a whole year to learn Shanny's playbook and the team should get better weapons for Jimmy G, including Garcon. And since Shanny is a proven offensive genius, he knows how to attack and counter attack a defense.
The hype is real!!

[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Jan 8, 2018 at 4:29 PM ]

2018 Niner Hype: can't stop it, you can only hope to contain it.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
The hype is real!!

Cleveland is so bad they don't even rate any odds?
I'm fine with the hype. Harbaugh's teams were all about being the underdogs and playing with a chip on their shoulders. It was all about being physical and beating up the other team. It was very effective. Everything I've read and the interviews I've watched have lead me to believe Shanahan's teams are going to be all about preparation, execution and confidence. I think it's going to be very effective too.

I think it fits with Garoppolo perfectly too. One of the reasons he made everyone around him better is he plays with so much confidence and it rubs off on them. So the hype isn't going to hurt the team too much I don't think.
Good
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:

I'm down with this

I will say this, when the Patriots were about to go 19-0 it hit me that I wanted that distinguished honor solely for our beloved Niners and rooted for them to lose that game.

I was so pissed in that Steeler game in 1984. One defensive penalty from a perfect season! At least in 1984 we didn't lose in the super bowl.
Share 49ersWebzone