LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 354 users in the forums

Next year's hype....

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Next year's hype....

Originally posted by pdizo916:
They need to worry about winning the division, which they won't do. They're not mentally tough.

Yeah going 0-9 in the first 9 games would break a lot of teams in ANY type of sports. Obviously it didn't break this team so I'm not sure where you're getting that from. The team actually got stronger mentally throughout the season. I swear some people are just trying too hard to find something to whine about.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
They need to worry about winning the division, which they won't do. They're not mentally tough.

Yeah going 0-9 in the first 9 games would break a lot of teams in ANY type of sports. Obviously it didn't break this team so I'm not sure where you're getting that from. The team actually got stronger mentally throughout the season. I swear some people are just trying too hard to find something to whine about.

The 49ers played better because they had nothing to lose. (besides getting Jimmy) Let's see how they perform in 2018 when they have high expectations.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

The 49ers played better because they had nothing to lose. (besides getting Jimmy) Let's see how they perform in 2018 when they have high expectations.

Exactly, any other team would've folded with how poor they played in the beginning of the season. The 49ers didn't, which is the total opposite of not mentally tough, just saying. Yes, they had nothing to lose and didn't have to play for a playoff spot which could've lead to some of the players to slack a little and just play to get the season over with but they didn't, they played hard, tough, and played like a team that's fighting for a playoff spot. To me, that's a strong locker room that believed each other and the coaches with a very TOUGH MENTALITY. Next season will be very interesting.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
All the hype from the media means s**t as long as the team is hungry and plays like they have something to prove..with confidence and physicality..be humble..Lynch and Shanahan will make sure the team knows you don't score until you score lol

Until you score
Hype means nothing. You either work hard and get better or you listen to the hype and fall on your face.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
We are not getting Barkley. Probably wont even get past the 3rd pick with Indy.

We're not getting Barkley, but we should still be hyped about Nelson or Ridley at #10.
Hype doesn't effect well coached teams.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
I'd rather go in as underdogs the entire year. I wouldn't want them to be over confident and let other teams be surprised by our play.
I want to catch teams off guard.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
I voted bad - we're going to have a lot of young players and an off-season of hype will add pressure they don't need.
Originally posted by LVJay:
The media gonna hype it up. Vegas win total gonna be set around 6 1/2 to 7 wins (it wouldn't be a shocker if they set it higher than 7 wins).

19-0

I think Vegas will be more generous, I'd say 8.5 wins is probably where they'll slot us.

Rams 11.5
Seahawks 9.5
49ers 8.5
Cardinals 5.5

That would be my best guess on handicaps

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by LVJay:
The media gonna hype it up. Vegas win total gonna be set around 6 1/2 to 7 wins (it wouldn't be a shocker if they set it higher than 7 wins).

19-0

I think Vegas will be more generous, I'd say 8.5 wins is probably where they'll slot us.

Rams 11.5
Seahawks 9.5
49ers 8.5
Cardinals 5.5

That would be my best guess on handicaps

You might be on it, the media is already hyping it up and some handicappers already have them competing for a playoff spot

This s already happening and the season just ended...some fans from other fan bases and analysts are already on the wagon.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
The hyped teams usually fail. Look at the bucs and raiders.
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Hype is great for the fans, bad for the players.

With that said.....SUPERBOWL HERE WE COME BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey hater, its 10 STRAIGHT SUPER BAWLS FOR SURE!
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jan 4, 2018 at 5:37 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
The hyped teams usually fail. Look at the bucs and raiders.

C'mon bro you're killin me

Their QBs can't hold a candle to JG...Winston/Carr barely found their way out of a wet paper bag (this year).
Originally posted by Chico:
I'd rather go in as underdogs the entire year. I wouldn't want them to be over confident and let other teams be surprised by our play.
I want to catch teams off guard.

I'm down with this
Share 49ersWebzone