LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Immaturity in leadership?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
He's a noob. Needs to learn how to tone it down and stop being a media whore. Although I suspect he was brought to reconnect the fans to the team so that is likely what is going on.

Eh I don't have a problem with it, don't be old fashion , that's how the generation is now and I'm sure the players relate to it more cause they real
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Everyone loves Lynch

GM Beast Mode.
Originally posted by eman:
I am very happy that we got Jimmy Garopollo for 2nd rd pick and that we traded our 2nd overall pick to chicago for their 3rd, third round and this years third rd picks
but I keep on wondering why Lynch keeps on coming out and talking on tv/news about how he took advantage of these deals. How they talked about stealing Reuben Foster from NO and outsmarted Chicago and how it only took him 10 minutes to think about what was offered to him by NE.... I don't know... I feel like soon he may alienate other teams GMs from wanting to do business with him. He looks like a very nice GM, but he must learn to be humble and keep things under wraps.
I didn't like the bragging about robbing Chicago either tbh. If Trubisky ends up being a franchise guy, it ends up being a smart move by Chicago.

Although, I didn't really hear Lynch bragging. He is very well respected and liked around the league. Very polished w/ the media (broadcasting probably helped a lot), and doesn't come off as arrogant at all. I think its pretty well known he's connected throughout the league. He's a damn good GM, and I'm glad he's w/ us.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Lynch is doing a good job but he needs to stop the twittering and camera whoring.

He is trying to erase the Baalke effect of non-transparent, non-fan based leadership.

I assure you this is a coordinated marketing campaign.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
This...bears are the ones who wanted Mitch, so they moved up for a couple mid rd picks. They wanted their possible FQB so who cares?

I don't think the saints are crying about anything with their current rookies they got (inculding Kamara in a trade with us).

All I ever hear is how BB and the pats trade rape everyone, yet they're still trading with teams

Crazy we got a GM who's actually trying to bring postive vibes and a wining culture and someone's trying to spin it as a negative? I have zero problems with him being so transparent...we don't have to be the pentagon when asked about s**t, Imo that's how stories can get built up into nonsense when no one says anything.

He's talking like a player's GM who's trying to woo FAs. The dude absolutely knows what he's doing. Fans aren't the only ones who watch/hear these interviews.

Agreed
Originally posted by Crown:
He is trying to erase the Baalke effect of non-transparent, non-fan based leadership.

This. He has made every attempt possible to market the team's approach to the media, to fans, to prospective FA's, he is completely blowing up the previous bunker mentality that existed.
  • dj43
Originally posted by sacniner:
I didn't like the bragging about robbing Chicago either tbh. If Trubisky ends up being a franchise guy, it ends up being a smart move by Chicago.

Although, I didn't really hear Lynch bragging. He is very well respected and liked around the league. Very polished w/ the media (broadcasting probably helped a lot), and doesn't come off as arrogant at all. I think its pretty well known he's connected throughout the league. He's a damn good GM, and I'm glad he's w/ us.

Somebody help me. I don't recall Lynch bragging about robbing Chicago.

Can someone provide a link for that claim?
I remember reading that John elway was the one who told lynch to start using Twitter.

Originally posted by dj43:

Read the first sentence of the next paragraph. Wasn't Lynch bragging, was the rest of the world.
  • dj43
Originally posted by dj43:

Read the first sentence of the next paragraph. Wasn't Lynch bragging, was the rest of the world.

I wasn't referring to you. I was just putting it out there for the board. I have never seen it in print nor have I heard Lynch or any member of the 49er FO "bragging" about taking advantage of Chicago. As you said, the national football media has noted what a good deal it was for the 49ers...and it was. However, Chicago got what they wanted so who is hurt?

It goes back to the claim made by the OP.
Originally posted by eman:
I am very happy that we got Jimmy Garopollo for 2nd rd pick and that we traded our 2nd overall pick to chicago for their 3rd, third round and this years third rd picks
but I keep on wondering why Lynch keeps on coming out and talking on tv/news about how he took advantage of these deals. How they talked about stealing Reuben Foster from NO and outsmarted Chicago and how it only took him 10 minutes to think about what was offered to him by NE.... I don't know... I feel like soon he may alienate other teams GMs from wanting to do business with him. He looks like a very nice GM, but he must learn to be humble and keep things under wraps.

I say fire Lynch
I'd rather be known for winning with class than this

I mean to be fair it's not always about just winning

(Do I even have to tag sarcasm)
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Crown:

This. He has made every attempt possible to market the team's approach to the media, to fans, to prospective FA's, he is completely blowing up the previous bunker mentality that existed.

Exactly. Lynch is a "general" manager and hes capturing the scope to appeal to all the audiences that Phoenix just laid out here.

If York tried to do that, the fans would lash out at him.

Shanahan isn't the rah rah Harbaugh type. He's the strategist coach to the T. Lynch needs to lead this PR effort in order to get the best chances for their preferred players and coaches in the off-season.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Lynch is a politician, he's always looking to spin things to the positive.
Share 49ersWebzone