LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Are we a legit playoff team with Jimmy G?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Are we a legit playoff team with Jimmy G?

It will be Super Bowl or bust next season
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
It will be Super Bowl or bust next season

No, but in all seriousness, the national media will be choosing us to be a playoff contender. It'll be interesting to see how the team responds when the games actually matter and there's expectations involved.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
What it always shows--what the players do.

For example, no ones going to be surprised by roll left after yesterday. Eventually tendencies emerge.

It's how the league turned Roman's gadget shifts to mush.

Point is, DC's have been preparing against Hoyer, CJ, not a legit pro.

things will get harder and eventually we will need talent. Two years.

But, could be one.

Did you honestly compare Roman to Kyle Shanahan? And Colin Kaepernick to Garoppolo?

Cuz that's basically what you're saying. It happened to them and it will happen to Kyle and Jimmy....
If you just turn the record setting close losses to wins with Jimmy G's starts depending on how next week goes then yes more than likely, but probably wouldn't go far without being able to take the Qb down.

I think looking at the situation as if in 3 years the team should be filled out and consistently contending. There are multiple routes to fill out the roster but this is more than likely the last time we can get a potential All Pro without other teams "missing" on that guy and us lucking out. With that said who are the potential All Pro's in this class besides QB of course? Saquan? Fitzpatrick? Raquan? Nelson? Chubb? Myles Garret was considered far and away the best rusher and prospect and obviously he needs another 2 years at least before judgement can be made but All-Pro? I don't believe any of the pass rushers are worth it because no one stands out, plenty of potential but a big group. Saquan probably won't be there but a very intriguing option at 6-8 or wherever the pick falls. Fitzpatrick is being projected at safety and I forgot to mention Derwin James earlier but again a safety. We have 3 now possibly 4 with Ward who could be moved back to cb and used as an emergeccy safety if a starter drops. That leaves Raquan and Nelson. LB to pair with Foster or a guard who is projected as a pro bowler with the potential to be better than Logan Mankins, pairing him next to Staley for then next 4 years and and another 10 after that next to Brown. One of those 2 units perhaps both could be solidified with our first 2 picks in this draft. That would leave Pass Rusher and CB as the two main needs for 2019 barring they dont sign a top tier CB in free agency this year
(there are a few) and in 2019 there are a few top level pass rushers coming availble the team could be looking ahead at.

What do you think about the All-Pro potential prospects in this class and have I missed any?
[ Edited by NinerLegionnaire on Dec 25, 2017 at 8:33 PM ]
Grapeshot who came with that stupid s**t??
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
What's the tape gonna show that will help teams?

What it always shows--what the players do.

For example, no ones going to be surprised by roll left after yesterday. Eventually tendencies emerge.

It's how the league turned Roman's gadget shifts to mush.

Point is, DC's have been preparing against Hoyer, CJ, not a legit pro.

things will get harder and eventually we will need talent. Two years.

But, could be one.

Dude, he rolled right to find Celek vs the Titans. He rolls out where there is space if the pocket has collapsed and he makes plays. He's not Derek Zoolander.
[ Edited by Buchy on Dec 25, 2017 at 9:46 PM ]
A Whiff of Grapes**ts
We'll never know because the "what if" game is too hard to know and in the end, doesn't change anything.

Next year's team will be a different team. So, again, it won't matter if this team is or isn't.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
No.

We're a legitimate (new) Dynasty with JG as long as everything goes as planned
You know, Jimmy G would of been easier to type.

Yeah this is a playoff contender right now, not a title contender though. A HoF level QB alone can get a team to near .500, just look at Luck or Brees in recent years with historically bad defenses. Our defense is not nearly that bad. We've had some luck in this win streak just like we had some bad luck when we lost close games earlier this season. I'd say this is a 9 or 10 win team if we had Jimmy G for the full season.
Not this year; when there's going to be a ten win team that won't make the playoffs. In a "normal year', then yes, we are. However, this defense needs to get fixed. This unit is atrocious and they have a mentally retarded coordinator calling the shots.
We won four in a row with a lousy roster. Imagine what it would be like if we had a top flight receiver to go with Garcon, Goodwin and Taylor, an above average pass rusher, a corner that is better than D. Johnson, and a couple more interior linemen that won't get steamrolled back into the backfield.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalniner:
Sign Jimmy G + surround him with talent = many superbowls!

Get a Chubb or Landry, then I'll believe it. Super Bowls are won by defense.
Gosh I don't know...What do you think?!

Come on browman; at the level he's been playing since he started the 1st game to now not to mention the TD in 3 plays against the Hags to wrap that game. With the way he helps elevate the entire team to play outta their minds??

Huummm Yes I think so, and most importantly so does the entire team as far as I'm reading... GO NINERS--!! Go Jimmy G...
Share 49ersWebzone