LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

2017 Game 16: SF 49ERS @ LA RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Here's the biggest mystery: which game goes prime time? I can't think of a single game that would be good for that slot...

NFL chose not to flex any game into SNF, despite the many games remaining with playoff implications

I think they're trying to avoid the semi-collusion that happened back in 2010, where the very last prime time game, (Bengals-Jets) Cincy had wrapped up everything playoff seeding-wise and rested all their starters, tacitly agreed to in essence hand the game to NYJ, who needed the win to get in (Marvin Lewis and Rex Ryan were former colleagues).

Following week it backfired on the Bengals as the Jets ended up upsetting them in the wildcard.
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Dec 25, 2017 at 12:02 AM ]
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Here's the biggest mystery: which game goes prime time? I can't think of a single game that would be good for that slot...

NFL chose not to flex any game into SNF, despite the many games remaining with playoff implications

I think they're trying to avoid the semi-collusion that happened back in 2010, where the very last prime time game, (Bengals-Jets) Cincy had wrapped up everything playoff seeding-wise and rested all their starters, tacitly agreed to in essence hand the game to NYJ, who needed the win to get in (Marvin Lewis and Rex Ryan were former colleagues).

Following week it backfired on the Bengals as the Jets ended up upsetting them in the wildcard.

So... no SNF? For the second week in a row?

That sucks. I wonder what NBC has to say about it?
So... no SNF? For the second week in a row?

That sucks. I wonder what NBC has to say about it?

They're not idiots, they toe the League line who make it up to NBC by giving them the exclusive Season kickoff game, half the TNF games, couple late season Saturday games and a wild card game (plus the SB every 3 years)
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
The battle for years to come.

This

Except we clearly have the best QB in the nfc West.

Dam right we do. If Jimmy continues this he can be a top 5 or top 3 QB in the entire nfl.
I think rams might sit some starters before they start the playoffs
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Jimmy's got this.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 25, 2017 at 1:28 AM ]
Let's beat the div champs! Give em a taste of 2018.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

I'm jacked.

Originally posted by mayo49:

I'm jacked.

Niners were a missed PAT, Taylor bogus OPI, and minus Foster & Jimmy G away from winning the last meeting
Originally posted by Team49ers:

They're still playing for a first round bye. Theyll be going all out.

Edit: So basically, if Philly wins the Xmas game against the Raiders they lock up a bye, and if Minnesota beats the Bears in an early game next week, theyll lock the other bye. So if those 2 things happen, we'll face a Rams team that is resting starters.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Dec 25, 2017 at 2:06 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Team49ers:

They're still playing for a first round bye. Theyll be going all out.

I think they're locked into the 3rd seed.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/263493/nfl-playoff-picture-updated-seeds-after-week-16
Man, this is crazy. I can't believe that we've won 4 in a row. I just can't believe it. I almost feel that we can compete with just about anyone.

You add that to some good draft pics, and a crapton of people coming off of IR next year, and next year looks promising.

Ugh - I'm probably going to get crap for this, but I just wish that our players would stop kneeling.
Share 49ersWebzone