There are 177 users in the forums

Santa's Gift to the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I know it is popular for some to bash the Yorks but I know some of you out there can remember when Eddie's father bought the team from the long time owners and handed over control to his young son. Who was this guy from the east? What does Eddie know about football? The questions got worse when he hired Joe Thomas who was disaster. Eddie had a quick trigger and fired Thomas after a couple of years and hired Walsh. Several times during our great run he fired Walsh only to be talked out of it by Policy. He was a great owner but he made some mistakes too. Even the drafts were not always good. Which brings us up to today. Jed's father turned over the operation to his young son after he realized it was not his thing. Jed's had many stumbles but he has had some success as well. I really think the new stadium took so much of his time that he lost track of what was going on with Harbaugh and Balke. He took the wrong side when the issue came to a head and the team had to restart again. I think he got it right this time. We will know in a couple years. The point is that he runs the operation and he is still learning. We have to live with all the decisions whether they are right or wrong. I know many thought the move to the South Bay was bad but after trying for years to keep the team in SF it was the only place that made sense. He could have done what Mark Davis is doing and headed for Las Vegas. So what if fans in SF have to drive ALL THE WAY DOWN THERE. I lived in Sunnyvale and had to drive ALL THE WAY UP THERE for 34 years. It is the same distance either way. The new stadium will be just fine once the wins return. The heat for those who sit on the sunny side is an issue in the early season but the sun was bad at the Stick if you sat in the upper deck on the roll out side. The sun was right in your eyes. And it was a dump until 1981. Once the wins started nobody cared about the crappy facilities and the hour long waits to get out of the parking lot. We were CHAMPS and that's all that mattered. Winning cures all ills. I think we may be on the verge of history repeating itself. We may not get a 15-20 year run like we had back then but 8-10 years would be nice. That's my wish for Christmas. Happy holidays to you all.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
A lump of coal for not playing Jimmy earlier, especially vs the cawks...
Catchmaster80. Nice post .
Originally posted by LVJay:

Ya, Jimmy was like 'WTF did you just say...?' when Kyle called in the plays.

Speak Engrish ...
Originally posted by pdizo916:
For people on here to stop trolling

Ditto!
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by red42x:
Christmas came early

This. For Xmas I'd take no injury for Jimmy and for him to sign a long fair deal.

This.
Jaguars getting blown out at Levi's
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5Jan2003:
A trio of fleet footed 6'4" 305 lb corn-fed tractor-pulling dirt nasty interior O-Linemen who all make the pro bowl for the next 7 years as Niners.

And a box of puppies.

Ha ha would love this
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by LVJay:

Ya, Jimmy was like 'WTF did you just say...?' when Kyle called in the plays.

Speak Engrish ...

Lol and cawks were having a tough time with CJ under center. JG would've torn them a new affhole, they'd already be out of playoff contention
Originally posted by thl408:
Jerry Rice 2.0

....and Charles Haley 2.0 minus the bats**t crazy stuff. A true ELEPHANT.

An outstanding Oline.
Share 49ersWebzone