LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 248 users in the forums

x

Shop Find 49ers gear online

x

7-9
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Rams are only getting better they are just getting started & seems we cant' ever get past Seattle maybe we pull it off at home but i have my doubts.

We should've beaten the Rams this year if not for the BS offensive PI call on Trent Taylor. We'll see what happens week 17.

Rams have been really good this year but they really only have two impressive wins. One over the Saints who were without their top 2 corners I believe and the other was vs the Jags where they had 2 special team TDs.

Schedule looks tough especially if some of those teams like Giants and Denver come back to their defensive dominance. AFC West will be brutal and so will the NFC North.

Still with Jimmy at QB and hopefully an improved OL and defense we have a chance in any of those.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
6-10

This. But when I go through the schedule I only see about 4 wins. But I'm sure Kyle gets us to 6.

thats a soft 6-10 lol

I see Oakland, Chicago, Denver (unless they solve their QB issues), Arizona at home.

On the road - maybe we sweep Arizona, and one -how the eff did we pull that out- game somewhere else. Tampa maybe - but that's an all the way East coast game we traditionally suck at.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
19-0
6-8
You guys do know whe got over 100 mil in cap space coming up, the draft, and a whole year where jimmy can know kyles whole system as well as the offense? Depending on what we do in FA and if we can have another great draft I expect us to at least compete for a wild card spot.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
You guys do know whe got over 100 mil in cap space coming up,

Will Jed allow Shanny/Lynch to spend it?
You guys do know whe got over 100 mil in cap space coming up, the draft, and a whole year where jimmy can know kyles whole system as well as the offense? Depending on what we do in FA and if we can have another great draft I expect us to at least compete for a wild card spot.

lol definitely no playoffs next year.
10 wins
Originally posted by LenCat:
You guys do know whe got over 100 mil in cap space coming up,

Will Jed allow Shanny/Lynch to spend it?

Jed is about to make Jimmy a rich man. So....

Ask me after FA and draft. But we are at least 7-9 to 9-7 in competition for a wild card I would think. We might finish 5-10 this year with only having jimmy for 5 games.
[ Edited by gold49er2183 on Dec 13, 2017 at 10:34 AM ]
Originally posted by LenCat:
Now that we have our QB we might as well look at next years schedule. Of coarse a lot WILL change by opening day but it looks like we are on our way back up.
Assuming we beef up the OL etc. I see 9 winnable games. 5 wins at home and 4 on the road.

HOME
Chicago
Denver
Detroit
Oakland
New York Giants or Washington
Arizona
Los Angeles Rams
Seattle
AWAY
Green Bay
Minnesota
Kansas City
Los Angeles Chargers
Tampa Bay
Arizona
Los Angeles Rams
Seattle

Probable: Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Oakland, NY Giants, Arizona (H), Tampa -- we'll get 5-7 games here.

50-50: LA Rams (H), Seattle (H), LA Chargers, Arizona (R), KC -- a good chance we win 2-3 games here. Keep in mind, the home games against the Rams and the road games against Arizona and Seattle were up in the air until the end of the game. If Jimmy were playing in those games, we win at least two out of three.

Less than 50: Seattle (R), Minnesota, Green Bay, LA Rams (R) -- we may win one of these games.

Low of 7-9, high of 11-5, middle is 9-7.
[ Edited by ColorMeBaddFan on Dec 13, 2017 at 10:36 AM ]
I also see 4 wins at home but feel with a good off season we could get 1 more at home and 1 or 2 on the road. I will go with 6 wins which is a big improvement. All the new players are going to need to produce quickly if we do any better. You need to consider injuries to a young team without a lot of established depth. Look what happened to the Raiders this year who were one of the teams favored in the odds. One or two KEY injuries and some guys that are struggling and you end up losing games that you had counted as wins. I don't want to sound like a doomsayer but after more than 60 years I have learned not to get too excited after 2 wins. But I really think we are on the right track whether it is next year or 2019 we will get there.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
too early to be talking about that considering the roster will be much different. hopefully
How do you predict this before the draft and free agency? Lmao
Share 49ersWebzone