LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 312 users in the forums

2017 49ers Draft Class

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Six starters (Thomas, Foster, 'Spoon, Kittle, Taylor, Colbert) and potentially Williams if he comes back next year. I would say that is a pretty good draft.

With Baalke's drafts, we were lucky to get one starter and a couple of IR candidates.
[ Edited by contrarios on Dec 11, 2017 at 8:54 AM ]
Very good write-up. I think Kittle was a good pick, not a steal and I do worry Joe Williams was a wasted pick...
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Can't we almost throw Jimmy G in on this? It was the extra second we got from Chicago that we used on him and still have Chicago's 3rd.

That is almost obscene.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Can't we almost throw Jimmy G in on this? It was the extra second we got from Chicago that we used on him and still have Chicago's 3rd.

That is almost obscene.

I hadn't thought of it like that either, but that is crazy! The domino effect from that trade is the gift that keeps on giving.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Joe Williams looks like it was a wasted pick. I'm happy with everything else.

Meh, he has next year at least before it is considered a waste.
Joe Williams looks like it was a wasted pick. I'm happy with everything else.

hey we thought the same about Witherspoon until he got onto the field. Got to hold back on the wasted talk until he gets onto the field in the regular season. He looked decent in preseason
dont forget about Breida
Excellent draft so far. And I think it'll look even better in a few years as high-ceiling guys like Thomas and Colbert continue to develop.

It's rare for a rookie to pull a Foster and be a standout from Day 1. It takes a few years to properly assess a draft.
This was one of the best drafts the 49ers have had in a long time. Only time will tell if this is truly a great draft but it sure is shaping out to be up there with the best.

This kind of draft really accelerates the rebuild. Getting early production out of these young men is awesome.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
hey we thought the same about Witherspoon until he got onto the field. Got to hold back on the wasted talk until he gets onto the field in the regular season. He looked decent in preseason

I hope you're right. I'm usually very sensible judging draft picks, but it was disconcerting that Joe came into came out of shape and then had to be pulled aside to be told to practice with more intensity.

I hope you're right. I'm usually very sensible judging draft picks, but it was disconcerting that Joe came into came out of shape and then had to be pulled aside to be told to practice with more intensity.

Dude how many reports and tweets you saw about that? s**t sounds like reaching from whoever kinda got you to fall in that narrative lol. He was a first year rookie RB learning shannys offense and outside zone...pass protection etc. Getting pulled on the side,give me a break lol.

Anyhoot some were quick to jump on Spoon and if we had better depth he probs woulda been an IR special as well.. Lets all Just chill and at worst hope hes a #3 change of pace back with wheels.
  • thl408
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Dude how many reports and tweets you saw about that? s**t sounds like reaching from whoever kinda got you to fall in that narrative lol. He was a first year rookie RB learning shannys offense and outside zone...pass protection etc. Getting pulled on the side,give me a break lol.

Anyhoot some were quick to jump on Spoon and if we had better depth he probs woulda been an IR special as well.. Lets all Just chill and at worst hope hes a #3 change of pace back with wheels.
John Lynch said it himself that Joe Williams came to camp out of shape.
Dude how many reports and tweets you saw about that?

Matt Maiocco and Kevin Lynch, two very reliable sources.

Speaking of Joe Williams, has anyone seen him around the team? I haven't seen him once since the preseason.

Speaking of Joe Williams, has anyone seen him around the team? I haven't seen him once since the preseason.

Right but they coulda been pointing out the same moment lol. All im saying is oh wow a rookie that got pulled off to the side/wasnt in tip top NFL shape. Lets just hope this red shirt year was good for him... Not every player is the same.

You dont gotta trust the process but atleast give it some effing time

Let's hope Joe Williiams is working out with Josh Garnett - either reshaping his body or working out like a madman!
Share 49ersWebzone