There are 183 users in the forums

2017 49ers Draft Class

Shop Find 49ers gear online
3/4 through the season and Well personally I'm very happy with this draft class so far, wondering everyones opinion, can't tell the future but this is how a potentially see each pick looking

1st Round- Solomon Thomas, everyone wants more from a 3rd overall pick which I agree but he's still young, talented and has a motor that doesn't stop, he has flashed great potential but also has disappeared at times, I think he will only get better with a full offseason understanding the league and what's expected, not ready to give up on him at all, I see him as part of this young defense for a long time..

1st Round-Rueben Foster, he's a monster and going to be great, he's a steal and it feels good, a future star and all pro..

3rd Round-Akhello Witherspoon, I won't lie I was a little wary about him being the pick bc of my draft crushes and Kamora being on the board lol but he has so far proved me wrong, each game he impresses, I don't see him as a number 1 CB but a very good number 2, great pick and part of the future

3rd Round- CJ Beathard, supposedly only the niners and packers seen CJ as a possible great QB, I see him as great back up who will fetch the niners a higher pick in a couple years..I love his heart and toughness, bc of the Jimmy G trade the niners have the best situation at QB they have had since Kap looked to be great and Alex in the mix..

Round 4- Joe Williams, he will get a chance next year to compete and earn a role, when he was drafted I expected him to play and play well only bc of all the hype about Shanahan hand picking him and how well he will fit, fact is I'm not counting on him..

Round 5-George Kittle, he's a steal, he's going to get better and better and keep his starting spot I think, he has great speed, great blocker, just needs to work on those hands..

Round 5-Trent Taylor, love this kid and think he's perfect for Jimmy G, future is bright and honestly has a great chance to become a top slot WR in this league..

Round 6- DJ Jones, great depth and will continue to show he's worth more then a 6th Round pick

Round 6- Pita, ????????????????

Round 7-Adrian Colbert, when Drafted I expected a Colin Jones type, great ST player and good back up but this kid is a missile and impressed me day 1, he continues to play great I'm moving Ward back to CB and starting him and Tartt next year, huge steal..

To me tho it's early in their careers this draft is looking to be great, best in years, from round 1-7 this front office has chosen impact players and great fits, it's exciting and the future looks bright, this offseason with 100+ cap space and top 5 pick should help this team continue to get where they should be..what are your thoughts on this draft class ?
[ Edited by jersey49er on Dec 10, 2017 at 9:45 AM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
George Kittle is a steal?
Originally posted by jersey49er:
3/4 throughly the Dawson and Well personally...

My man. Your autocorrect just went full BuZz.
Originally posted by NCommand:
3/4 throughly the Dawson and Well personally...

My man. Your autocorrect just went full BuZz.

Lmao no autocorrect, he typed for me..
[ Edited by jersey49er on Dec 10, 2017 at 9:47 AM ]
Originally posted by okdkid:

As a 5th round pick with potential, hes a steal, the fact he's been playing hurt almost all season makes me expect more when he's 100%..I think Jimmy G will bring out more in him too..
Joe Williams looks like it was a wasted pick. I'm happy with everything else.
Best draft yet in a while... We'e gonna need another good one coming up!
Nice write up! Very productive draft so far

As a 5th round pick with potential, hes a steal, the fact he's been playing hurt almost all season makes me expect more when he's 100%..I think Jimmy G will bring out more in him too..

Yeah I don't get it. He's top 10 in receptions for all rookies, second among tight ends. Tight ends don't really produce much as rookies. For a 5th round pick, Kittle looks great.
Add the trade for Jimmy G, things lookin good.

Its only the beginning for ShanaLynch.

Originally posted by Team49ers:
Add the trade for Jimmy G, things lookin good.

Its only the beginning for ShanaLynch.

Yup, can't help but feel excited and expect great things..
Originally posted by saniner:

Yeah I don't get it. He's top 10 in receptions for all rookies, second among tight ends. Tight ends don't really produce much as rookies. For a 5th round pick, Kittle looks great.

I haven't looked at stats but how does his numbers compare to the early round TEs ?
Originally posted by Heroism:
soloman thomas looks like it was a wasted pick. I'm happy with everything else.

i agree.
As overall draft classes go I think we picked a bad year to suck in 2016 because the top of the 2017 draft wasn't deep, but we came out great nonetheless with our own draft class. The new regime has it together in ways not seen around here for decades. If they can put together a series of these 2017 type drafts, along with continued shrewd free agent pickups and (sometimes incredibly fortunate) trades, we'll be in business quickly.
Can't we almost throw Jimmy G in on this? It was the extra second we got from Chicago that we used on him and still have Chicago's 3rd.
Share 49ersWebzone