LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 352 users in the forums

If we sign Jimmy G to a long term contract who do you see us using the franchise tag on?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If we sign Jimmy G to a long term contract who do you see us using the franchise tag on?

If I was Yee, knowing what you just laid out as far as a QB frenzy next year, why would I have my client sign a deal before the market is dictated?

Don't get me wrong I hope he is signed before the end of the season, I just don't see how it makes financial sense for Yee or Garappolo, especially if he plays well for the most part from now till seasons end.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
If I was Yee, knowing what you just laid out as far as a QB frenzy next year, why would I have my client sign a deal before the market is dictated?

Don't get me wrong I hope he is signed before the end of the season, I just don't see how it makes financial sense for Yee or Garappolo, especially if he plays well for the most part from now till seasons end.

Because he can get guaranteed for injury before playing up to 4 more games behind a shaky O-line.
lol.
Nobody. There's just no other player in their contract year that we can't replace.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Nobody. There's just no other player in their contract year that we can't replace.

That's how I feel, or that they're worth top 5 monies.
Losing Hyde or Reid would create a hole that would need to be filled by a player that would require a bigger contract for a FA or a valuable draft pick that could be used to fill one of the many holes on this team.
Kilgore, meh.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
there is no one on this team worth the franchise tag.
Nobody. Neither Reid nor Hyde are anywhere close to deserving of a franchise tag and Kilgore is deserving of a bus ticket to a city of his choice and little else.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Nobody. Neither Reid nor Hyde are anywhere close to deserving of a franchise tag and Kilgore is deserving of a bus ticket to a city of his choice and little else.

Let him buy his own bus ticket.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Hyde does pretty good considering the 2 guards and center struggle to open things up in the middle.

Originally posted by English:
Let him buy his own bus ticket.

Nah, he was actually decent before all the injuries took their toll. A bus ticket should be the bare minimum.
None of those people are even worth paying them want they think they deserve let alone twice what they deserve
Originally posted by acrownlessking:
None of those people are even worth paying them want they think they deserve let alone twice what they deserve

They are with it if the team can't do better without spending a round 1-4 draft pick on a player than can replace their productivity.

The team is full of glaring holes that need to be filled.
Noooooooboddy!
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Noooooooboddy!

Share 49ersWebzone