LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

If we sign Jimmy G to a long term contract who do you see us using the franchise tag on?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If we sign Jimmy G to a long term contract who do you see us using the franchise tag on?

I know Shanny has said he's open and willing to using the franchise tag on Jimmy G. However, I feel like this year is the time for his market value to be lower. Do we really want K. Cousins setting the QB market? He's going to be paid one way or another and we'll end up with a top 10 guy being the highest paid player in the league. While 21 per year might seem steep now, it won't this time next year.

I expect the Broncos, Browns, Vikings, Cardinals, Jets, Bills and others to backup a dump truck load of money to K. Cousins house. The market value for a QB is going to skyrocket after this year.

So, I expect to see us sign Jimmy G to some sort of longer term deal before that time. That leaves us with a franchise tag option on the table to be used.

What say you? Who do we use it on?
no one.
Pretty easy one. Sadly this roster doesn't have much franchise talent. A blind squirrel with the last name Kilgore wouldn't even franchise Daniel.
No one.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
I know Shanny has said he's open and willing to using the franchise tag on Jimmy G. However, I feel like this year is the time for his market value to be lower. Do we really want K. Cousins setting the QB market? He's going to be paid one way or another and we'll end up with a top 10 guy being the highest paid player in the league. While 21 per year might seem steep now, it won't this time next year.

I expect the Broncos, Browns, Vikings, Cardinals, Jets, Bills and others to backup a dump truck load of money to K. Cousins house. The market value for a QB is going to skyrocket after this year.

So, I expect to see us sign Jimmy G to some sort of longer term deal before that time. That leaves us with a franchise tag option on the table to be used.

What say you? Who do we use it on?

With all that said about Kirk he could still end up getting signed in the off season before we sign Jimmy Grapps. I mean JG's agents could simply wait it out.
None of them are getting tagged
No franchise tag. Let them all walk.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Yeah I don't think we have anyone worthy of a tag, I'd be happy extending Reid and Kilgore as a backup. I don't think Hyde is the right fit for the outside run ZBS, he's been making too many mental errors.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
No one worth a franchise tag.
there is no one else worth franchising, that's why the franchise tag makes the most sense for Jimmy.

• thl408
What the hell? Go cut up some plays jd.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
The only player in my opinion that will be worth the franchise is Buckner... and that's a few years off.
No one. No need.
Yeah...nobody worth the tag outside of Jimmy.
lol hyde?
Share 49ersWebzone