There are 153 users in the forums

PYMWYMI with Jimmy G as a starter

Shop Find 49ers gear online

PYMWYMI with Jimmy G as a starter

Originally posted by susweel:
Lol barely beat a bad bears team and couldn't score a td, now they talking bout going undefeated.

The Bears aren't a good team but they have an above average defense and have played really well at home this year (beat the Steelers and Panthers, still have not lost by more than one possession).

I was thinking we'll finish 2-14 or 3-13 since Week 7. Now? Well... Still 2-14 or 3-13, because I think next week against the Texans is our only chance for another W.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Dec 4, 2017 at 11:09 AM ]
IMHO we beat the Texans and then the Rams when they rest their starters for the playoffs. 4-12
Originally posted by AlexCat49er:
Lol barely beat a bad bears team and couldn't score a td, now they talking bout going undefeated.

No kidding. A guy puts up 15 pts against one of the worst teams in the league and suddenly people are talking about the quest for 6 again.

Don't get me wrong i love jimmy g but the team around him is still trash.

Its hilarious. I have a lot of hope for our new qb but it wasnt a great performance and it wasnt bad. We made 5 FGs and all of a sudden we have a franchise qb. Seems around here you can anoint someone after 1 game but you cant say anything negative after 1 game
Honestly at this point I don't care. I would still hope we could end up with #2 to give us the best chance to trade down but there's no guarantee anyone would want to move up and call our bluff. And the players I actually want in the first round are probably not top 3 type value so if we win out(doubt it) or even if we pick around #6-8 Calvin Ridley, Bradley Chubb and Quenton Nelson are good fits there.

Really the main reason I'm hoping for a big trade down is to give us another 2nd rounder and maybe a high pick next year.
Let's me think of the most negative spin I can put on this Jimmy G thing...
4-12

I don't see a bad game from him, but unrealistic to think we'll win out rest of the season. Next year, full grasp of play book and even more exciting to watch a real QB play.

It's about time!
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
4-12

I don't see a bad game from him, but unrealistic to think we'll win out rest of the season. Next year, full grasp of play book and even more exciting to watch a real QB play.

It's about time!

At the end of the day he's still playing on a team with little talent and lots of injuries and youth. He isn't Tom Brady and unsure of the offense yet. He's helped a lot already but he's not a miracle worker(though I'd love for him to prove me wrong lol)

I think 4-12 or 3-13 is most likely. I think we have a good shot to beat Houston and either Tennessee or maybe Rams if they're not playing for anything important.
Itll be funny if Rams go on a 3 game skid and we knock them out in the finale
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Jimmy G = Jimmy Graham

JG = Jared Goff

jrg =

Jimmy GQ = James R. Garoppolo

James

Richard

Garoppolo
I'll stick with my preseason prediction of 4-12

Originally posted by teylo31:

No kidding. A guy puts up 15 pts against one of the worst teams in the league and suddenly people are talking about the quest for 6 again.

Its hilarious. I have a lot of hope for our new qb but it wasnt a great performance and it wasnt bad. We made 5 FGs and all of a sudden we have a franchise qb. Seems around here you can anoint someone after 1 game but you cant say anything negative after 1 game

Might as well be in the rules.
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Jimmy G = Jimmy Graham

JG = Jared Goff

jrg =

Jimmy GQ = James R. Garoppolo

James

Richard

Garoppolo
Always wondered what the R in jrg stood for
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Always wondered what the R in jrg stood for

for me, Robert.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by teylo31:

Might as well be in the rules.

5 negative posts on the trot from 5 different posters and you folk are complaining that you arent "allowed" to post negativity and it might as well be in the rules. There's irony for you.

If posters want to be allowed to express their opinions, positive or negative, a good starting point would be to respect tge rights of others to express their opposing views.
Originally posted by valrod33:
we will never lose a game again

I lol'd.

thanks for the chuckle. needed that.
Share 49ersWebzone