There are 225 users in the forums

Who from this roster, starts for sure next season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Here's who I have:

Offense:
Garoppolo
Trent Brown
Joe Staley
George Kittle (I think he comes on as Rookie nerves subside and Jimmy is passing to him)
Pierre Garcon
Joshua Garnett (If he develops a new body, maybe)

Defense-
DeForest Buckner (Anchor)
Solomon Thomas (not my personal favorite but I think Lynch and Shanahan are invested in him)
Rueben Foster (please don't get hurt)
Ahkello Witherspoon (surprised at his improvement)
Adrian Colbert FS (I can't help but think he's a natural at this spot)
Jimmy Ward CB (until he gets hurt)
Jaquiski Tartt SS (enforcer)
[ Edited by 60sFan on Nov 27, 2017 at 10:19 PM ]
I have faith in Garnett, but don't think he belongs on this list.

I'm pretty sure Trent Taylor starts if you count slot WR, and Kyle Juszczyk definitely
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I have faith in Garnett, but don't think he belongs on this list.

I'm pretty sure Trent Taylor starts if you count slot WR, and Kyle Juszczyk definitely

Forgot about Kyle. On the fence about Taylor as the #3. Maybe. We'll see what the Draft and the offseason brings.
Originally posted by 60sFan:
Here'swho I have:

Offense:
Garoppolo
Trent Brown
Joe Staley
George Kittle (I think he comes on as Rookie nerves subside and Jimmy is passing to him)
Pierre Garcon

Defense-
Solomon Thomas (not my personal favorite but I think Lynch and Shanahan are invested in him)

Kittle isn't starting material; he's a great complimentary TE. Garcon's career may be done. Garnett and Thomas are both trash, but since they were former first round picks, I can see them getting another chance. Other than that, your list is fine.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by 60sFan:
Here'swho I have:

Offense:
Garoppolo
Trent Brown
Joe Staley
Pierre Garcon

Defense-

Kittle isn't starting material; he's a great complimentary TE. Garcon's career may be done. Garnett and Thomas are both trash, but since they were former first round picks, I can see them getting another chance. Other than that, your list is fine.

Can't disagree with your analysis. But I think they start. I'd be impressed if they traded Thomas.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Totally disagree on Kittle not being starter material
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
not pinion
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
not pinion

Please refrain from posting just to get a rise out of others.

If you did some research, you would know Pinion is having a very good season and is one of the better punters in the league this year.
IMO

O:
Jimmy G
Hyde (if retained)
Garcon + Goodwin (both virtual starters though I hope we have a new #1 above them)
Kittle
Staley
T. Brown
(Juice, but FBs don't count)

D:
Soloman
DeFo
Mitchell
Reuben
Tartt
Colbert/Ward (camp battle)
Witherspoon

On the bubble are Garnett and Malcolm Smith, who haven't played this year.
That leaves about 4 new starters needed on each side of the ball.
We have some good depth with Blair, Tank (if retained), DJ Jones, Breida and Joe Williams, Taylor, and Celek. Pretty thin beyond that. Need lots of LBs and OLs.
Lynch will have work to do, but I can't wait to see it play out!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Kittle is not starting material. We need a more athletic TE with better hands.

Originally posted by SammyFrancisco:
IMO

O:
Jimmy G
Hyde (if retained)
Garcon + Goodwin (both virtual starters though I hope we have a new #1 above them)
Kittle
Staley
T. Brown
(Juice, but FBs don't count)

D:
Soloman
DeFo
Mitchell
Reuben
Tartt
Colbert/Ward (camp battle)
Witherspoon

On the bubble are Garnett and Malcolm Smith, who haven't played this year.
That leaves about 4 new starters needed on each side of the ball.
We have some good depth with Blair, Tank (if retained), DJ Jones, Breida and Joe Williams, Taylor, and Celek. Pretty thin beyond that. Need lots of LBs and OLs.
Lynch will have work to do, but I can't wait to see it play out!
I highly agree with this list. If Reid is retained I believe they find a way to get him on the field. When he's been at safety this year he's been solid.
Originally posted by susweel:
It's just rookie things.

What would you require from a TE out of college to see better hands? Only having one drop throughout college? Cause....that's what Kittle did. He's had more drops in one game this year than he had all throughout college. Drops haven't been a problem til now and I believe once he gets settled in and isn't thinking so much the drops will stop.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by jonnydel:
It's just rookie things.

What would you require from a TE out of college to see better hands? Only having one drop throughout college? Cause....that's what Kittle did. He's had more drops in one game this year than he had all throughout college. Drops haven't been a problem til now and I believe once he gets settled in and isn't thinking so much the drops will stop.

His college drops don't matter, in the pros he's dropped a lot of passes. Also he's not very athletic.
QB: Jimmy G
RB: Hyde
FB: Juice
WR: Garcon
LT: Joe
RT: Brown

Kittle ,Taylor and Goodwin could be nice complimentary weapons , but we need to acquire more play making weapons , Joe Williams could be a solid RB for us, Breida hasn't exactly earned a spot for next year , and as for the interior of our offensive line , that is where we need improvement , Tomlinson could fight for a roster spot, Garnett also needs to show he's worth keeping around , and we need a dominant center to anchor our attack , a clean passing pocket for Jimmy G will go a long way towards improving our offense

Defense

Buckner
Thomas
Mitchell
Foster
Tartt
Ward
Colbert ....these guys can stay, we need to add pieces around them to build a solid defense , I've given up on Armstead, Lynch, Carradine, DJ and Harold,
Originally posted by jonnydel:
It's just rookie things.

This is great to know. Vance was a drop machine at Rice too.
Kittle is definitely good enough to start for this team in 2018 IMO.
Share 49ersWebzone