There are 157 users in the forums

2017-18 season couldn't have gone any better for Lynch and Shanahan.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erphan:
I get what you are saying but I have trouble thinking of "season couldn't have gone any better for Shanahan and Lynch" when we have so many good players on IR. I know you don't mean to imply that Shanahan and Lynch think it's really peachy that a whole bunch of players have gotten IR'd, but I'd at least put an asterisk or two on the "couldn't have gone better" to account for things like a massive number of injuries and not spending more money to get at least one more guard in FA that can play reliably well.

Other than obviously no one wants any player to get injured (if you do - chill dude, it's a game), I guess in a perverse way having so many good players on IR this year means that the youngsters are getting a lot of valuable playing time during a year where winning isn't priority #1. And the good IR'd players will add more juice to the team next year when they want to start really getting settled into the system and really going for wins.

Well, sure, if you want to take it literally . But as far as things we can control (not the injury bug), the season is going just as we should want it to go. Youngsters are developing, we probably have a QB of the future, we're going to have infinite cap room in the off-season, and we're going to have an amazing asset in the draft.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Baylor:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
and if by some rare slight chance we do not do it and fall on our face again. i will imagine people will be saying. oh i do not recall anyone saying we will win the nfc west this year . i think we need to get to a point where we can do things to win games instead of finding ways to lose.

Dude

Pessimism and alcohol go together like peanut butter and jelly for Iowans. They can't help it.

Cute,. but cc said nothing wrong in his opinion. we have managed to find ways to lose games this year and no one has explained to me how you build a winning culture when you keep losing football games. despite our inept offense and horrid o line. perhaps jimmy and his winning culture background can will us into a couple of wins and at least show the guys they can win football games,. oh and i hate peanut butter with jelly. i like peanut butter with cheese. they used to make some wretched thing called goober which was peanut butter and jelly together in the same jar and that always triggered by spit up reflexes

Did you just reference your own post in the third person? Dafuq?
Originally posted by SammyFrancisco:
Originally posted by 49erphan:
I get what you are saying but I have trouble thinking of "season couldn't have gone any better for Shanahan and Lynch" when we have so many good players on IR. I know you don't mean to imply that Shanahan and Lynch think it's really peachy that a whole bunch of players have gotten IR'd, but I'd at least put an asterisk or two on the "couldn't have gone better" to account for things like a massive number of injuries and not spending more money to get at least one more guard in FA that can play reliably well.

Other than obviously no one wants any player to get injured (if you do - chill dude, it's a game), I guess in a perverse way having so many good players on IR this year means that the youngsters are getting a lot of valuable playing time during a year where winning isn't priority #1. And the good IR'd players will add more juice to the team next year when they want to start really getting settled into the system and really going for wins.

Well, sure, if you want to take it literally . But as far as things we can control (not the injury bug), the season is going just as we should want it to go. Youngsters are developing, we probably have a QB of the future, we're going to have infinite cap room in the off-season, and we're going to have an amazing asset in the draft.

Originally posted by Baylor:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
and if by some rare slight chance we do not do it and fall on our face again. i will imagine people will be saying. oh i do not recall anyone saying we will win the nfc west this year . i think we need to get to a point where we can do things to win games instead of finding ways to lose.

Dude

Pessimism and alcohol go together like peanut butter and jelly for Iowans. They can't help it.

Cute,. but cc said nothing wrong in his opinion. we have managed to find ways to lose games this year and no one has explained to me how you build a winning culture when you keep losing football games. despite our inept offense and horrid o line. perhaps jimmy and his winning culture background can will us into a couple of wins and at least show the guys they can win football games,. oh and i hate peanut butter with jelly. i like peanut butter with cheese. they used to make some wretched thing called goober which was peanut butter and jelly together in the same jar and that always triggered by spit up reflexes

So are you someone posing as "cc" or do you regularly refer to yourself in 3rd person? Jw.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
Even though we're 1-10 I am so jacked up about the 49ers. To be able to get a franchise QB in JG and CJB as a backup in season number 1 is absolutely remarkable. They also have added some nice young talent to the roster while purging some contracts like Bowman and McDonald off of the roster. We're flush with over 100 million in salary cap room and sitting pretty with high draft picks. After free agency and the draft I fully expect to see this team hit the ground running in 2018-19. I've got a big grin on my face thinking about the future. Go Niners!!

1. JG isn't a franchise QB; not yet. He's an unknown
2. they may have cap room but they won't spend it. History has shown that.
3. They may have high draft picks, but they will draft busts like soloman thomas
4. I see a mediocre upgrade to the interior o line and that's it. Saleh and co will return.

Don't be optimistic. This is the worst ran franchise in all of professional sports. (even worse than the browns)

There needs to be a correction to this post, which was written by someone who admits he no longer even supports the team. The final paragraph ought to read:

Be optimistic. This used to be one of the worst ran franchises in the NFL but no more. With potentially a franchise qb, anything is possible. Except for those who only want to troll.
While I expect improvement next year my idea of being improved is 5-6 wins lol 8-8 would be a monster leap. Anything more and I'm just smiles ear to ear. Certainly if JG is the messiah it will be different, but I'm just assuming he will be "good".
Originally posted by highwayone:
One year ago, it was sickening to be a Niner fan.

Now, you have a franchise QB, a defense with some nice pieces, and one of the top offensive minds in the game coaching the offense.

Anyone who can't see this is a "glass half empty" type person. END THREAD.

This, love it!!
Originally posted by highwayone:
One year ago, it was sickening to be a Niner fan.

Now, you have a franchise QB, a defense with some nice pieces, and one of the top offensive minds in the game coaching the offense.

Anyone who can't see this is a "glass half empty" type person. END THREAD.

THIS
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
My mouth was agape for a full minute after reading the ticker on the screen during MNF that we got JG. That changed everything.

sure made me feel better about that spot moving forward. now its up to the powers to be to fix the junk around him
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
There needs to be a correction to this post, which was written by someone who admits he no longer even supports the team. The final paragraph ought to read:

Be optimistic. This used to be one of the worst ran franchises in the NFL but no more. With potentially a franchise qb, anything is possible. Except for those who only want to troll.

but you have to admit sometimes jed or whoever did that letter thing a while back. just can not help themselves as they look for trouble .

It could have gone better.

They could have filled more holes, especially on the OL.
The offense could have improved on scoring from last year instead of regressing.

Getting two QBs was grea, QB was priority #1.
If i was a season ticket holder I dont think I would be too happy with the production.

Assuming Jimmy G signs with 49ers and turns out to be at least 1/2 decent, that is a huge victory. However, there are so many holes still to fill (Wr 1-3 for example), not to mention decent depth at most positions. Assuming we finish with 1-2 wins this year, i would expect a minimum of 6 next year.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
It could have gone better.

They could have filled more holes, especially on the OL.
The offense could have improved on scoring from last year instead of regressing.

Getting two QBs was grea, QB was priority #1.
we could tackle better., we could get off the field on third down. they knew the secondary and o line was garbage pre injury excuse.. special teams are decent if the kicker does not kick things out of bounds. return game is decent to which i will settle for as compared to the last few years
Pretty low standards.

I feel no matter what happend this year it "couldn't have gotten better."
Yes, except that we could have had lattimore instead of Thomas
Share 49ersWebzone