There are 275 users in the forums

2017-18 season couldn't have gone any better for Lynch and Shanahan.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
Even though we're 1-10 I am so jacked up about the 49ers. To be able to get a franchise QB in JG and CJB as a backup in season number 1 is absolutely remarkable. They also have added some nice young talent to the roster while purging some contracts like Bowman and McDonald off of the roster. We're flush with over 100 million in salary cap room and sitting pretty with high draft picks. After free agency and the draft I fully expect to see this team hit the ground running in 2018-19. I've got a big grin on my face thinking about the future. Go Niners!!

There is every reason to be excited about the future of the 49ers with Shanahan and Lynch at the helm. I can't find a legitimate reason to be negative. Given the roster they inherited and the reality of how long it takes to acquire top tier talent no one can rationally expect the team to be better than their current record. That we were so close to any victories this season is a testament to the abilities of Kyle Shanahan. More drafts like the one we had in 2017 coupled with shrewd free agent pick-ups/trades and the rebuild will be expedited. There is something wrong with you if you aren't jacked as a 49ers fan right now. This isn't Baalke's team anymore where there was legitimate reason to be depressed as a 49ers fan. We have people in charge who have a clue folks and the best is yet to come.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Baylor:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
and if by some rare slight chance we do not do it and fall on our face again. i will imagine people will be saying. oh i do not recall anyone saying we will win the nfc west this year . i think we need to get to a point where we can do things to win games instead of finding ways to lose.

Dude

Pessimism and alcohol go together like peanut butter and jelly for Iowans. They can't help it.

Cute,. but cc said nothing wrong in his opinion. we have managed to find ways to lose games this year and no one has explained to me how you build a winning culture when you keep losing football games. despite our inept offense and horrid o line. perhaps jimmy and his winning culture background can will us into a couple of wins and at least show the guys they can win football games,. oh and i hate peanut butter with jelly. i like peanut butter with cheese. they used to make some wretched thing called goober which was peanut butter and jelly together in the same jar and that always triggered by spit up reflexes
My statement was not based on this one statement alone, it was the accumulated of your last 300 posts. I spend only a few minutes a week reading the comments, but when I do I see you constantly looking for reasons to be negative. I currently work in Iowa and the majority here seem to have a fixed mindset.
[ Edited by Baylor on Nov 27, 2017 at 6:50 PM ]
Great post! So excited to be a 49ers fan right now!!
Yep, great post.

Sure, losing feels bad, and some Sundays aren't that much fun. But this rebuild is off to a perfect start, almost like it's scripted This is a great time to be a 49ers fan, and I don't see why people would feel otherwise. The future looks
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
We're going to the playoffs next year. Book it!
and if we don't oh well

I will still root for this team

Been a season ticket holder since Levi's opened this s**t has to start paying off eventually lol
its heading there fa sho

Better yet, WE gettin that fa sho ... NFCW that is.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Nov 27, 2017 at 7:11 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Baylor:
My statement was not based on this one statement alone, it was the accumulated of your last 300 posts. I spend only a few minutes a week reading the comments, but when I do I see you constantly looking for reasons to be negative. I currently work in Iowa and the majority here seem to have a fixed mindset.

we are a one win team who have been awful on many levels including coaching in my opinion. i do not have to look for reasons to be negative or as i say very underwhelmed. they did a good thing by getting jimmy so moving forward at least we have our qb.. in regards to your last statement,iowans are at their best when things are at their worst. plus we have cheap gas and 2 dollar ice mugs of beer at most places
I get what you are saying but I have trouble thinking of "season couldn't have gone any better for Shanahan and Lynch" when we have so many good players on IR. I know you don't mean to imply that Shanahan and Lynch think it's really peachy that a whole bunch of players have gotten IR'd, but I'd at least put an asterisk or two on the "couldn't have gone better" to account for things like a massive number of injuries and not spending more money to get at least one more guard in FA that can play reliably well.

Other than obviously no one wants any player to get injured (if you do - chill dude, it's a game), I guess in a perverse way having so many good players on IR this year means that the youngsters are getting a lot of valuable playing time during a year where winning isn't priority #1. And the good IR'd players will add more juice to the team next year when they want to start really getting settled into the system and really going for wins.
Cute,. but cc said nothing wrong in his opinion. we have managed to find ways to lose games this year and no one has explained to me how you build a winning culture when you keep losing football games. despite our inept offense and horrid o line. perhaps jimmy and his winning culture background can will us into a couple of wins and at least show the guys they can win football games,. oh and i hate peanut butter with jelly. i like peanut butter with cheese. they used to make some wretched thing called goober which was peanut butter and jelly together in the same jar and that always triggered by spit up reflexes

Idk, the rams were 4-12 last year... look how that turned out....
[ Edited by jayfreshx3 on Nov 27, 2017 at 7:41 PM ]
Originally posted by jayfreshx3:
Idk, the rams were 4-12 last year... look how that turned out....

they'd been building up their roster (esp on the D side) for the last 4-5 years prior to last season, just had mediocre coaching esp on offense...it took a young dynamic coach and his fresh new staff to turn the rams around in one season (sound familiar?), the talent was already there.

Niners are about 3 draft classes behind at least to be where the rams were at talent-wise [i]last season
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
they'd been building up their roster (esp on the D side) for the last 4-5 years prior to last season, just had mediocre coaching esp on offense...it took a young dynamic coach and his fresh new staff to turn the rams around in one season (sound familiar?), the talent was already there.

Niners are about 3 draft classes behind at least to be where the rams were at talent-wise [i]last season

Very well said, I completely agree. I do think we have that dynamic young coach, it was just a different process to prioritise long term success over trying to win with what you have now.

I think even his staff hires reflect that, he was more about what they'll bring in 3 years, than a quick fix.

Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

Very well said, I completely agree. I do think we have that dynamic young coach, it was just a different process to prioritise long term success over trying to win with what you have now.

I think even his staff hires reflect that, he was more about what they'll bring in 3 years, than a quick fix.

Nah yall trippin. Through FA and draft this past off season they signed whitworth,sullivan,woods,traded a future 2nd for Watkins and drafted George everett(push starter) and Cooper Kupp whose a starter(slot).

Thats 7 offensive starters they got in one off season.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Nov 27, 2017 at 9:40 PM ]
Even though the thread was specifically posted in a positive manner cc and sus once again had to save the day. Dashed in at the last second to save us from our poor optimistic judgement that was weighing us down!
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

Nah yall trippin. Through FA and draft this past off season they signed whitworth,sullivan,woods,traded a future 2nd for Watkins and drafted George everett(push starter) and Cooper Kupp whose a starter(slot).

Thats 7 offensive starters they got in one off season.
They drafted their starting RT in 2015. Ditto for their starting RG and their starting RB.
They drafted their starting TE and oh by the way their starting QB in 2016.

edit - Removed snarky comment. I like Smoke's posts and he deserves better.
[ Edited by RTFirefly on Nov 27, 2017 at 10:10 PM ]
My mouth was agape for a full minute after reading the ticker on the screen during MNF that we got JG. That changed everything.
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
Even though we're 1-10 I am so jacked up about the 49ers. To be able to get a franchise QB in JG and CJB as a backup in season number 1 is absolutely remarkable. They also have added some nice young talent to the roster while purging some contracts like Bowman and McDonald off of the roster. We're flush with over 100 million in salary cap room and sitting pretty with high draft picks. After free agency and the draft I fully expect to see this team hit the ground running in 2018-19. I've got a big grin on my face thinking about the future. Go Niners!!

1. JG isn't a franchise QB; not yet. He's an unknown
2. they may have cap room but they won't spend it. History has shown that.
3. They may have high draft picks, but they will draft busts like soloman thomas
4. I see a mediocre upgrade to the interior o line and that's it. Saleh and co will return.

Don't be optimistic. This is the worst ran franchise in all of professional sports. (even worse than the browns)
Share 49ersWebzone