LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 418 users in the forums

Cassius Marsh thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
I have feeling this guy will be a key player for us. He will not be a starter but def a rotational guy who could play 15-20 snaps a game as well as a key ST's guy.

I can see him getting 5-7 sacks as a role guy.

I could see that, he's a great Depth/rotational player who plays like his hair is on fire..a great resigning by Lynch..
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
I have feeling this guy will be a key player for us. He will not be a starter but def a rotational guy who could play 15-20 snaps a game as well as a key ST's guy.

Possibly missing out on Demarcus and Ziggy, I decided to take a second look at Cassius. I think we may have our free agent egde rusher already on the team in Cassius.

I think he has the pass rush *hands* that this article details. and while we might miss out on Demarcus and possibly Ziggy (hope we can get him if they don't tag him) I think with Cassius and Dumerville, we have a solid depth at the LEO position and outside of Ziggy and Demarcus, I have a feeling we won't be signing a free agent pass rusher.

Article on how important *hands* are in the pass rush.

Vision helps get-off, which helps get to the spot, which sets the tone for hands and hips to be used. Not the feet?
"Everything starts with the hips," Smith said. "The feet are just connected to the hips. You have to be able to change directions with your hips and be able to bend. Feet are for receivers."
"You fool nobody when you chop your feet as a pass rusher," Ford said. "Chopping feet is a crime of pass rushers."
Along with the hips comes hand usage. As he worked out the three players, Smith shouted out the same slogan he used while working with Dupree.
"You don't go to war without your weapons," Smith said. "Your hands are your weapons."
That's a favorite Smith slogan, according to his players.
"If you don't use your hands in this league, you will be out of the league," Reader said. "That's why we work on it all the time."
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-sack-whisperer-how-an-ex-nfl-player-became-the-phil-jackson-of-pass-rush-gurus/
Dude looks badass with all his tats and face paint lol
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Feb 26, 2018 at 9:55 AM ]
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Chris Andersen of the NFL lol

i think he is a great guy to bring in the 4th. He has this clutchness about him towards the end of the game. He really takes advantage of tire lineman with his speed. Will never be a full time guy but definitely a great piece to have
Originally posted by JBrack:
Originally posted by NCommand:
That's actually pretty remarkable. I hadn't realized he had that many and over 6 games? Projected out, that would put him at over 800 snaps. He must have had some early down snaps too and not relegated to just 3rd downs. That's starter snaps for a modest contract. That puts it into perspective.

Good stuff! Thank you...

No he had 190 snaps with the 49ers defense and 118 on ST... 308 total

Week 12-17

27 snaps 42% vs Sea (first game)
11 snaps 31% vs Chi
33 snaps 52% vs Hou
34 snaps 55% vs Tenn
49 snaps 62% vs Jax
36 snaps 57% vs Rams

Some conflicting numbers out there about his total numbers but it looks like 457 snaps on the year and 190 of those with the 49ers defense.

Still pacing out to around 500-550 defensive snaps a year.

Ahhh, now that's makes much more sense. Thank you.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

i think he is a great guy to bring in the 4th. He has this clutchness about him towards the end of the game. He really takes advantage of tire lineman with his speed. Will never be a full time guy but definitely a great piece to have

Keep 'em coming in waves!
Originally posted by Giedi:

Possibly missing out on Demarcus and Ziggy, I decided to take a second look at Cassius. I think we may have our free agent egde rusher already on the team in Cassius.

I think he has the pass rush *hands* that this article details. and while we might miss out on Demarcus and possibly Ziggy (hope we can get him if they don't tag him) I think with Cassius and Dumerville, we have a solid depth at the LEO position and outside of Ziggy and Demarcus, I have a feeling we won't be signing a free agent pass rusher.

Article on how important *hands* are in the pass rush.

Vision helps get-off, which helps get to the spot, which sets the tone for hands and hips to be used. Not the feet?
"Everything starts with the hips," Smith said. "The feet are just connected to the hips. You have to be able to change directions with your hips and be able to bend. Feet are for receivers."
"You fool nobody when you chop your feet as a pass rusher," Ford said. "Chopping feet is a crime of pass rushers."
Along with the hips comes hand usage. As he worked out the three players, Smith shouted out the same slogan he used while working with Dupree.
"You don't go to war without your weapons," Smith said. "Your hands are your weapons."
That's a favorite Smith slogan, according to his players.
"If you don't use your hands in this league, you will be out of the league," Reader said. "That's why we work on it all the time."
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-sack-whisperer-how-an-ex-nfl-player-became-the-phil-jackson-of-pass-rush-gurus/

There was an article on the front page about the combine scores of current players. I noticed that out of his combine class Marsh was 2nd best in the shuttle and 3rd best at the 3-cone drill. Those don't necessarily translate into ability on the field but doing that well could indicate that Marsh has the "hip" action the article above refers to. Doing that well on those drills may indicate that Marsh also has pretty quick feet and that can't hurt.

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Chris Andersen of the NFL lol

he showed some nastiness at times , a full off season will benefit him greatly
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
he showed some nastiness at times , a full off season will benefit him greatly

Think he brings nice speed addition to the beef we have already. I think he's gonna be a nice rotating pass rusher. Id hate to be a tired Tackle.
This is pretty cool.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiIe-p1DqOP/
This is pretty cool.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiIe-p1DqOP/

Very cool, he is going to try even harder now, I know I would. Good Stuff!
Share 49ersWebzone