LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 318 users in the forums

Dexter Carter: 49ers traded Charles Haley because he 'messed with the wrong guy'

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9moon:
Punk or not, Haley was still traded to the wrong team in my opinion.

The management ignored the fact that Dallas was young and an upcoming team. Instead of thinking that Charles will be a problem at Dallas, we of all people didn't realize the problem he can create if he ever get a chance to play us, and play us ANGRY..

I still remember (49ers Report Subscription) that our management made Dallas sign agreement that if Charles did not work out for them, that he can be traded to any team in the league EXCEPT the Raiders.

That was dumb in my opinion. I mean, why trade him to an upcoming team in THE SAME conference?

The Raiders were willing to trade their first rounder and anyone on the team except TIM BROWN..

We could have had their #1 AND the great Todd Marinovich?
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Damn I'm surprised Haley didn't get jumped by his teammates on a daily basis. Or maybe he did.

I'm surprised someone didn't kill him. He used to talk s**t about guys families....stuff like how ugly their wives and kids were, or how he was going bang their wives. Bi-polar or not that is so over the line
Well, that was interesting. It turns out that Disaster Carter can hang onto a train of thought about 500x longer than he can hang onto a football.

Also, if you had hung on to a few punts you might've had a few more rings on your fingers.
^ lol ouch
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Damn I'm surprised Haley didn't get jumped by his teammates on a daily basis. Or maybe he did.

I'm surprised someone didn't kill him. He used to talk s**t about guys families....stuff like how ugly their wives and kids were, or how he was going bang their wives. Bi-polar or not that is so over the line

Would you trade three Super Bowl wins for that?
biggest bully ever
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
it makes me sad to think the defense we could have had . if he and tim harris would have been able to get along
Originally posted by Furlow:

Would you trade three Super Bowl wins for that?

He wasn't talking s**t to me...so no lol
  • bvc49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
He also killed the owners cousin.

Furlow: still not enough

Is killing the owner's cousin worth three more Super Bowls...?

Trick question?

You realize he was a massive, angry, insanely strong, and mentally ill black man, correct? I'm surprised he didn't kill someone else.

Originally posted by Niners99:

You realize he was a massive, angry, insanely strong, and mentally ill black man, correct? I'm surprised he didn't kill someone else.

What does his race has to do with anything?
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Niners99:

What does his race has to do with anything?

Seriously WTF? Anyways, no matter how strong he was he talked s**t about everybody. Two linemen could've easily crippled him. I think he owes Ronnie Lott his life; he probably deescalated a lot of dangerous situations.
Originally posted by DickNasty:
Yhea he pissed in his head coach's car lol

No that was Tim Harris
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
No that was Tim Harris

Meant in Tim Harris's car
I never saw Charles Haley play but saying he alone swayed 2-3 Super Bowl seasons seems exaggerated. Feel people are relating Deion Sanders
Share 49ersWebzone