LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

What would you rather 6-10 or 1-15

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What would you rather 6-10 or 1-15

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
There's no way in blue hell were going 7-9. Better question is 4-12 or 1-15? Lol. Im cool with 2-14.

1-15 and a top 3 pick for me.
19-0

I never understood this hypothetical. I want a superbowl. Every year. In the 80s this was never a question for niner fans. I highly doubt Patriots fans currently think this way. This is how Cleveland fans thinks. it is such a loser mentality.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Nov 16, 2017 at 11:16 PM ]
For the first time as a 49er fan I was rooting for that #1 pick. I lost my perspective for this season. The name of the game is to win, period. Wining is NOW, everything else is secondary.
Lemme ask the players, hold on.............................

They say yeah their cool losing out if it means they can have a really good rookie or two coming in who might eventually contribute some skills next year for a few games.
They say they came into camp really focused on the future anyway, not so much for this season.
7-9. Players will actually want to come to SF and play. Knowing we are a team that is up and coming and very stable, free agents will want to come here. I'm pretty confident in Lynch and Kyle picking a great player anywhere in the top 10.
Originally posted by 5Jan2003:
Lemme ask the players, hold on.............................

They say yeah their cool losing out if it means they can have a really good rookie or two coming in who might eventually contribute some skills next year for a few games.
They say they came into camp really focused on the future anyway, not so much for this season.

Cool story bro. Don't think the OP is asking the players doe
We will finish either 2-14 or 3-13.

With that said, I would rather finish 1-15. Of the two choices above, it depends if we can still get a top 3 pick at 3-13.
If you are talking this year, of course it's 7-9. That would basically mean we won the last 7 games of the year, giving us all kinds of momentum going into next year.
If you asked this question before round 1 the answer would be different.

Now we're better off 1-15 or 2-14.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
I mean a top 3 pick would still mean wed get the best non QB available more than likely.. But im really greedy for that #2 assuming someone at the end of the day will wanna trade up again to take one and we can get some picks.

That makes too much sense. Lets win a few meaningless games to hurt our draft position.
So sad, and funny too...

7-9.
I'm all for tanking but not if we get overrated slackers like Reid ,Garnett , and Ward.
[ Edited by TonyStarks on Nov 17, 2017 at 1:16 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
I choose 1-15, I'd love to win some meaningless games, but I'm in it for the long haul.

Yep, totally. I am prepared for the pain and happy that we aren't going 0-16. I expect my reward in the draft
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
I wanna change my vote. The draft is a crapshoot, how many teams that pick high year after year are any good?

This.... Teams like the Patriots, Saints, Packers, and Seahawks had been picking towards the end of the draft consistently year after year and they're still elite. Meanwhile, Browns, Bears and the Niners had been picking at the top of the draft and they still suck arse. So 7-9 it is. Its all about evaluating talent and a sh!t load of LUCK in the draft. 7-9 will attract some talented FA knowing that we're heading in the right direction, it will also scare some teams for next year and will earn us some respect, because rite now, we're the laughing stock of the NFL and no one is scared of us.
[ Edited by 808niner4lyphe on Nov 17, 2017 at 3:03 AM ]
If this is the ascending team we think it is and want it to be, we have to be better than 1-15 at seasons end. We need 1 or 2 more wins to show progress.
Share 49ersWebzone