LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 210 users in the forums

What would you rather 6-10 or 1-15

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What would you rather 6-10 or 1-15

• Andra
  • Veteran
If there is a thread like this sorry but I think it is a legit question and maybe even an observation of as who we are as fans. Put me down for 7-9. I think culture of winning is more important than draft position.
4-12

6-10 would be nice
Since qb isnt a 1st round need anymore i dont mind winning a few games from here on out
I mean a top 3 pick would still mean wed get the best non QB available more than likely.. But im really greedy for that #2 assuming someone at the end of the day will wanna trade up again to take one and we can get some picks.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
I mean a top 3 pick would still mean wed get the best non QB available more than likely.. But im really greedy for that #2 assuming someone at the end of the day will wanna trade up again to take one and we can get some picks.

That makes too much sense. Lets win a few meaningless games to hurt our draft position.
I'm conflicted...like smokes, I'd love that #2 pick for trade. The other part of me, wants to see us finish strong, on a tear for next yr. That would mean a pick at #10-13, but we would finish strong, be very attractive to FAs wanting not just more money, but wanting a ring in near future also. My head says more loses, but my heart says go for the gold. I usually follow my heart.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Nov 16, 2017 at 9:24 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I choose 1-15, I'd love to win some meaningless games, but I'm in it for the long haul.
  • thl408
1-15 for the pick, but I never sit down to watch the 49ers hoping they lose.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
1-15 for the pick, but I never sit down to watch the 49ers hoping they lose.

Yeah, you do.
  • bvc49
  • Veteran
I'm excited for our future. I like our QB situation now over drafting one and praying. Get O Line help, some hands, and somebody that hates opposing QBs and I think we can scare people next year. Spend some money on a 1 or 2 FA that will make a difference day one and draft at least one starter.

probably 7-9 because that must mean that we are close to being good and i get too watch some exciting football and that hasn't happened in a awhile. but anything below 6 or 7 wins i would just take the 1-15 for a better pick.
I wanna change my vote. The draft is a crapshoot, how many teams that pick high year after year are any good?
1-15. We need that top 3 pick
7-9 does nothing for attracting free agents, money does, we have that. 7-9 also lessons our chances of the top tier players in the draft or the chance of trading down for more picks. The choice is obvious. My choice would be "competitive" losses which would mean our team is bought in to the new regime, showing fight, trending in the right direction to end the season but ultimately losing because we're still missing pieces. Pieces we fill with all the cash we have in FA and with being at the top in the draft. Next season is ALL about winning with our potential FQB in place, team being in year 2 of the system and lots of new pieces filling the gaps both offensively and defensively.
There's no way in blue hell were going 7-9. Better question is 4-12 or 1-15? Lol. Im cool with 2-14.
Share 49ersWebzone