LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 147 users in the forums

What player is exceeding your season expectations

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What player is exceeding your season expectations

Since apparently you can't ask off-season questions here is on season
Apparently you just really want your own thread lol.
My answer is Buckner.
I chose Beathard. Not because of the win, but I legit did not think he'd be ready this early. Outside of the top performing rookie QBs you see, he has performed above expectations. We have seen rookie QBs drafred MUCH higher do FAR worse.

Honorable mention for Tank Carradine. I had hope for him for years. I gave up in 2016. He comes back in 2017 and does something good. It still doesn't make up for the previous 4 years or his draft status, but it's nice that he has shown something.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
all of the jags, besides Bortles.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
garcon, before he got hurt
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
The answer is none to me, nobody has a had a "career year". I think it speaks to Shanny's inability to get the most out of this players. Coaches like JH know how to get the most out of everybody.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by susweel:
The answer is none to me, nobody has a had a "career year". I think it speaks to Shanny's inability to get the most out of this players. Coaches like JH know how to get the most out of everybody.

i mean, just look at what he's done at Michigan
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Aside from Hyde, Staley and Foster, I don't think any of the dudes on our team would start on any other NFL team.
Pinion

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Aside from Hyde, Staley and Foster, I don't think any of the dudes on our team would start on any other NFL team.

Brown, Garcon, Tartt, Reid, Buckner, Mitchell, K.Williams,Gould,Pinon?
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Nov 14, 2017 at 3:18 PM ]
NOOOOOOOOOOOBODDDYYYY!!!!!!!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

80% of those dudes are hurt, the rest are playing pretty average which in no way exceeded my expectations.

the problem is, everyone has gotten so used to sucking that when someone does just enough to not lose their job, it looks spectacular.

80% of those dudes are hurt, the rest are playing pretty average which in no way exceeded my expectations.

the problem is, everyone has gotten so used to sucking that when someone does just enough to not lose their job, it looks spectacular.

3 out of 9 is 80%? Lol
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

3 out of 9 is 80%? Lol

uh, ya. I went to harvard, don't argue with me.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Nov 14, 2017 at 3:39 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone