LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 393 users in the forums

Marquis Goodwin Welcome Back from bye

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Obviously none of us know Marquis Goodwin, but we do know he's going through a tough time right now. We also know that he helped another family going when they were going through a rough time.

Would anyone be interested in a welcome back for him at the first practice bad from the bye? I figure it would be nice to show him some support from the faithful to try and help him what he's going through. I don't usually get involved with stuff like this, but after what he did for that family in the summer, he is deserving of some sort of pick-me-up from the fans.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
yes! this is a great idea. idk what we can do but i'd like to help with this
I love it. That boy he helped out passed away too so it's been extra painful for him.
I was just thinking we could all welcome him back at the training facility when they come back to work next Monday. I'm not really sure how to go about it. Anyone that has any ideas let's brainstorm here. We would probably need a large group of people and a Monday is a hard day to get people because of work.
how
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I don't think they will allow you guys at practice ?
Fly a banner over the stadium next home game that says something like "Our hearts are With you Goodwin"
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Fly a banner over the stadium next home game that says something like "Our hearts are With you Goodwin"

That would be amazing.

Make it happen.

PM user NineFourNiner (http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/profile/NineFourNiner/), he is a lawyer in the area and he flys planes in his spare time. Im sure he would do it for free since its for such a good cause
[ Edited by valrod33 on Nov 13, 2017 at 12:07 PM ]
Between this community and a few of the others, such as Reddit, I bet we could make it happen pretty quickly. Just need to figure out how much $$$$, what the message is and get it setup by the end of the week.

An alternative to a fly-by also could be a donation to a charity that helps provide prenatal services and care to low income mothers on behalf of the Goodwin family, that type of thing.

Originally posted by valrod33:

PM user NineFourNiner (http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/profile/NineFourNiner/), he is a lawyer in the area and he flys planes in his spare time. Im sure he would do it for free since its for such a good cause

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Between this community and a few of the others, such as Reddit, I bet we could make it happen pretty quickly. Just need to figure out how much $$$$, what the message is and get it setup by the end of the week.

An alternative to a fly-by also could be a donation to a charity that helps provide prenatal services and care to low income mothers on behalf of the Goodwin family, that type of thing.

yes yesss. we HAVE to do this. I will donate towards it if needed as well
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame

i would donate to help make this happen
I like the idea of a donation in the name of the Goodwin Family in conjunction with some sort of fan welcome. I just think the experience of a group of people assembled to shown him support will be the kind of gesture that he will always remember.
Great Idea!
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Sign me up. Great cause and GREAT idea by you Jmahoney.
Share 49ersWebzone