LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

We as fans have to hold on to accountability.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by LeProfessionnel:
Originally posted by Baylor:
Stop being a f*cking crybaby. 49er fans have to be the worst.

I didn't know how stupid so many Niner fans were till this season. It's been kinda sad seeing this cryass culture manifest on this site.

just as sad as it is to see people ok with 0-8, ok with an inferior brand of ball. ok with being the most penalized team in the nfl. ok with losing close cuz its better than losing big, then when we lose big,. say it was a setback and the refs are out to get us

Again this false. No one is ok with it.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Refs control the game so the blame is legitimate. Blaming the team for moves that Can't be made yet is whining

you rise above so called bad calls. that is just deflecting and denial in my opinion
Accountability? Sure. But the 49ers are doing exactly what they said they'd do. Rebuild and stay competitive. 5 games that came down to the wire.
If you didn't think this season was going to be an extension of preseason you were not paying attention.
It bugs me when people say, "40-whiners" but then I remember comments like OP's and let it go.
Originally posted by ronnie49er:
I can't see any correction. Nothing. I keep it cool till I see nothing but useless quote's and constant defeat!

Okay Ronnie we will see ya back when they start winning lol.

If you didn't see the total dumpster fire that the new FO got, along with stripping the team down and starting from the ground up...that's on you.

Gotta be patient.
Originally posted by ronnie49er:
They gave up a top-tier second round pick for a quarterback sitting behind Tom Brady? Are we going to go through 6 more years of this kind of stupidity?

Lol so we basically gave up a Vance McDonald, lamicheal James, Taylor mays, tank Carradine (all 2nd rd picks) for a qb that ALOT of teams valued now and during the draft process. Sorry if they didn't grab aaron Rogers.

If you can see the bigger picture not sure we to tell ya.
just as sad as it is to see people ok with 0-8, ok with an inferior brand of ball. ok with being the most penalized team in the nfl. ok with losing close cuz its better than losing big, then when we lose big,. say it was a setback and the refs are out to get us

Who's cool with it? Realistic fans knew this season wasn't about winning and losing. Now if we roll into 2018 with the same personnel as we have now well ya I'll grab my pitch fork with you.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Who's cool with it? Realistic fans knew this season wasn't about winning and losing. Now if we roll into 2018 with the same personnel as we have now well ya I'll grab my pitch fork with you.

I admire both of your perseverance lol
You homers are the worse whiners out there. You will see negative posts on an 0-8 season. Deal with it.

Just accept that Shanny has to prove himself first before people bend over to him. You don't get 3 time SB champion Bill Walsh praise handed to you. It doesn't matter if he went 2-14 year 1 too so did Marty Mortinwheg. He's not either of those guys.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 5, 2017 at 9:38 AM ]
Originally posted by English:
This one I just dont see. Abusing the 6 year contract? The six year contracts were given to allow long term planning and team development. So what did you expect to see?

You nailed it!!!

I keep going back to when Lynch & Shanahan were hired...they both said it was going to take some time to right the Niners ship. A good number of Niner fans have apparently forgotten or discounted that. That they were in position to win some games early must've given some fans expectations the braintrust was turning the team into some sort of competitor ahead of schedule. With so many new faces, young players and a slough of injuries now totalling 15 on the IRL, it's going to be very hard to win games. However, it's the perfect opportunity to see what in particular the youngsters and FA's signed can do. Lynch & Shanahan have to know what they've got moving forward...before the next FA period and the draft. Weaknesses like the OL and receiving corps will have to be addressed, just to name two needs. Much as I'd like to see them win some games, it's going to be very tough sledding. The NFL did our team no favors with the schedule and a week 10 bye. But, a lot of players will be fighting to keep their roster spots heading into the 2018 season. They've seen Lynch/Shanahan won't accept subpar play...already a number have been cut and/or traded. The BL is it's audition time in Santa Clara...prove you belong or you'll be gone. It's a tough road, but our new braintrust was serious about rebuilding this team brick-by-brick. Getting Garoppolo for a 2nd rd pick was a big step in the right direction...they now have a still-young QB who's potential is very high. There's already serious talk of them signing him to a long-term deal before he starts a game. That would be great...because with a franchise QB they have someone they can build around. They won't need to waste picks on QBs, at least not early in upcoming drafts. They can sign quality OL in the FA period so they're not necessarily drafting them to be starters right away. Same goes with some other positions, like WR's, LB's and CB's. There's hope for the future...real hope. To get that hope turned into reality, we fans and the franchise have to bite the bullet now having confidence our new leadership really can and will turn things around. It's all about patience and making smart decisions. I feel Lynch & Shanahan are up to the task, but we fans have to give them a realistic chance to do their jobs.

Agree NY!

The word that separates the types of opinions is "Realistic!"

The HYPOCRISY of some long-time constant posters, no names, who lambasted every Draft, GM, HC, for YEARS and Years - endlessly whined and complained

NOW expect a turnaround in one season with many of the draftees they themselves said "sucked"

They have nothing to offer BUT negativity - they are consistent on that point!
Expecting A win for the year is not expecting a complete turn around. The mental gymnastics the homers use is astounding. Nobody has talked playoffs all year quit pretending there was this huge bar to leap over. Being better than Cleveland is not Mt. Everest. Personally I criticized Kelly's bridge system who cares year so I'll do the same with Shanny. You do not get 6 years in the NFL no matter how desperate York was to get a coach in. Anymore than 3 losing seasons and the team will quit and force York's hand. See Jax. Establishing some wins now would go along ways to bring in some free agents that will lead victories down the road.

Better late than never landing Jimmy G is exactly what we need so all is forgiven but some fans here need to get respect is earned not handed to you.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 5, 2017 at 10:22 AM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Expecting A win for the year is not expecting a complete turn around. The mental gymnastics the homers use is astounding. Nobody has talked playoffs all year quit pretending there was this huge bar to leap over. Being better than Cleveland is not Mt. Everest. Personally I criticized Kelly's bridge system who cares year so I'll do the same with Shanny. You do not get 6 years in the NFL no matter how desperate York was to get a coach in. Anymore than 3 losing seasons and the team will quit and force York's hand. See Jax. Establishing some wins now would go along ways to bring in some free agents that will lead victories down the road.

Better late than never landing Jimmy G is exactly what we need so all is forgiven but some fans here need to get respect is earned not handed to you.

What does "A win" do exactly lol?
What does "A win" do exactly lol?

It keeps you out of a club of 1 with Detroit for starters and good luck recruiting free agents and instantly getting them to things around.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 5, 2017 at 11:37 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone