LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 300 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by Jcool:

Chart kinda confusing. There seemed to be less drops by the receivers with Jimmy. The timing is there. The accuracy is there. They just get it and go on rhythm. Even when he was pressured, his throws were pretty accurate.

That was with no camp, just 2months of reps with the team. Training camp will help him with timing on the deep with his receivers

I agree He should improve this offseason. The stuff he did last year with minimal preparation was, as kyle put it, totally on his natural abilty.

I can only imagine what he can do with a complete offseason under his belt.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Chart kinda confusing. There seemed to be less drops by the receivers with Jimmy. The timing is there. The accuracy is there. They just get it and go on rhythm. Even when he was pressured, his throws were pretty accurate.

That was with no camp, just 2months of reps with the team. Training camp will help him with timing on the deep with his receivers

I agree He should improve this offseason. The stuff he did last year with minimal preparation was, as kyle put it, totally on his natural abilty.

It was confirmed that Kyle was communicating plays with him up to the 15 sec cutoff before each snap just like McVay did for Goff. Tgen again this is quite common with most teams.
Joe's technically correct about the early talk about Jimmy G but it really looks like joe is a little jealous of the positive coverage of jimmy Jesus.
Originally posted by 49erminion:
Originally posted by Giedi:

It was confirmed that Kyle was communicating plays with him up to the 15 sec cutoff before each snap just like McVay did for Goff. Tgen again this is quite common with most teams.

Yeah those extra seconds certainly helped. Once the ball is snap, it's still up to Jimmy to be in command, make it quick, make it accurate. Jimmy was like a 5 year vet after the snap. Won over Kyle and just about every other Niners fans all deep in wanting Cousins, in the Jags game.
I don't see many hit pieces from the webzone author but the title is a little misleading. Joe M does come across as salty but that discussion could be headlined a different way.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PacTiger:
Joe's technically correct about the early talk about Jimmy G but it really looks like joe is a little jealous of the positive coverage of jimmy Jesus.
oh for gods sake.... now joe is a hater cuz he is trying to tell us to calm down a bit and see what jimmy does in a full season after teams have had a full year to prepare for him and us..... sounds reasonable to me but around here.. if you do not buy into jimmy breaking all of joes records and the theory that kyle and jimmy will replace bill and joe etc etc... you are a hater. jesus
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I don't see many hit pieces from the webzone author but the title is a little misleading. Joe M does come across as salty but that discussion could be headlined a different way.

he is telling us to pump the brakes a bit. i know that is unlawful around here but it makes good sense to me
If Jimmy G balls out and is a top qb for us, he could ball bat someone in broad day light and we still wouldn't care!
Originally posted by cciowa:
oh for gods sake.... now joe is a hater cuz he is trying to tell us to calm down a bit and see what jimmy does in a full season after teams have had a full year to prepare for him and us..... sounds reasonable to me but around here.. if you do not buy into jimmy breaking all of joes records and the theory that kyle and jimmy will replace bill and joe etc etc... you are a hater. jesus

Who called you a hater?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

CC, there's *plenty* of people here that agree with you. You gotta give some love to them too!

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Who called you a hater?
i and others have been called a non fan. hater negative nelly. rams fan etc. please do not act stupid and pretend this does not happen around here
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i and others have been called a non fan. hater negative nelly. rams fan etc. please do not act stupid and pretend this does not happen around here

joe has entered the dark side because he dared say to pump the brakes a bit.

Joe does come across a little jealous, like I said. Joe could've easily said he seems to have potential or any number of ways to describe jimmy's lack of experience.

But joe chose salty. Not a big deal, time will tell if jimmy becomes a really good QB.
[ Edited by PacTiger on Apr 10, 2018 at 8:59 AM ]

Joe does come across a little jealous, like I said. Joe could've easily said he seems to have potential or any number of ways to describe jimmy's lack of experience.

But joe chose salty. Not a big deal, time will tell if jimmy becomes a really good QB.

Joe hasn't been the best evaluator of QB's either. He was very high on Blame Gabbert. He was skeptical of Kaep. I would like to correct Joe on one comment he made on Jimmy G:

"He's obviously had a lot more success in the games he's played in so far than the other quarterbacks that have been there recently."

I think the list doesn't just include only "recent" QB's.
[ Edited by Joecool on Apr 10, 2018 at 9:07 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

or maybe joe wants to see what jimmy does in a full season and not just six games which mean nothing anymore. maybe joe is not sold. like so many are on our current offensive line or our current wide outs. when it comes to talking about other quarterbacks like steve. joe is always a bit salty. that is him,. it does not make him jealous. i think a few niner fans are in a bit of shock that joe is actually saying some things that are usually reserved for a few lone wolf posters that occupy the dark side of the web zone
Share 49ersWebzone