There are 200 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Do you guys buy any chance know the page numbers where everybody was posting jokes about their sexual attraction to jimmy? Lmao

Some of those were gold lol
Originally posted by pelos21:
Do you guys buy any chance know the page numbers where everybody was posting jokes about their sexual attraction to jimmy? Lmao

Try looking at page 2 thru 1290.
It's all there.
Haha I've tried skimming through some of it but I can't find any good ones.
Originally posted by 5Jan2003:
Originally posted by pelos21:

Try looking at page 2 thru 1290.
It's all there.

Still ongoing. That's $137.5 mil worth of sekshi

Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
My daily excuse to see more Kay Adams. GMFB crew debating Jimmy G vs Cousins.

If you're paying Cousins based on what he's done in the past then he's worth more than Jimmy. If you're paying him based on potential then he's probably not worth more than Jimmy.

Yeah, I agree. Originally I wanted Cousins. After seeing Jimmy play out the season I've decided I was wrong. Jimmy G is gonna be better for us in the long run.

Cousins didn't have great pieces? Ummm Jimmy G did wonders with the pieces he had. Put Cousins with the O-Line and receivers that Jimmy had and I really doubt he would've done wonders like Jimmy did.

This a million times over. The bottom line and reason I didn't want Cousins even before Garoppolo came around is because he's not a winner. If he's only gonna be as good as talent around him what's the point?

Cousins simply wouldn't have done what Garoppolo did with the cast Jimmy had around him. Great QBs make other players better and Cousins who is without a single friggin playoff win, doesn't elevate those around him and isn't a winner. Good qb? Sure. Great? No way.
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
My daily excuse to see more Kay Adams. GMFB crew debating Jimmy G vs Cousins.

If you're paying Cousins based on what he's done in the past then he's worth more than Jimmy. If you're paying him based on potential then he's probably not worth more than Jimmy.

Yeah, I agree. Originally I wanted Cousins. After seeing Jimmy play out the season I've decided I was wrong. Jimmy G is gonna be better for us in the long run.

Cousins didn't have great pieces? Ummm Jimmy G did wonders with the pieces he had. Put Cousins with the O-Line and receivers that Jimmy had and I really doubt he would've done wonders like Jimmy did.

Sometimes I don't understand what these guys are watching.

Cousins may have had OLine issues last year but overall his OL was still way better than what Jimmy was dealing with. His WR corps was also miles better.

I love how they laugh it off like poor Kirk has been surrounded by terrible players like Pierre Garcon(someone Jimmy didn't even get to play with), Desean Jackson the years prior and this year Josh Doctson, Jamison Crowder, Terrelle Pryor(who managed to have 1k yards in friggin Cleveland), Chris Thompson, Jordan Reed and Vernon Davis

It may not be the greatest show on turf type talent but it's certainly far from bad pieces. Hell most of the season dude had 2 top 5 picks at OL in there for him.

Where the heck do they think he can go where he'll have better talent around him? What a joke...
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

This a million times over. The bottom line and reason I didn't want Cousins even before Garoppolo came around is because he's not a winner. If he's only gonna be as good as talent around him what's the point?

Cousins simply wouldn't have done what Garoppolo did with the cast Jimmy had around him. Great QBs make other players better and Cousins who is without a single friggin playoff win, doesn't elevate those around him and isn't a winner. Good qb? Sure. Great? No way.

I was ok with Cousins because I honestly didn't think the Pats would trade Jimmy away and even then...i wasn't sure he could do what he ended up doing.

What I don't understand is people including that dumbass Cohn that wanted Cousins even AFTER we saw what Jimmy could do with our poor roster.

Honestly I don't understand the line of thinking at all. It's so hard to find a QB who can not only play well but play well without all pros all around him. We've seen guys before who looked good with a monster OL in front of them, great running game behind them and great receivers. We saw it in Kap, we saw it in Dak Prescott as a rookie and a handful of other QBs. Well it's very difficult to field teams like that, eventually whether through time, free agency or injury the team will not be as great on offense and the QB has to play with lesser talent. The greats are the ones who can overcome average talent around them and make those average players into good players and good players into great players.

I'm not saying Garoppolo is a god who will never lose and never have a string of bad games, it happens to every QB and it will happen to Jimmy. But we saw what he did in our locker room, in our building with our players which we know weren't exactly HOF worthy. And he turned the whole team around. You can question the competition, you can question the motivation of the Jags or the Rams playing their backups and you can point out the interceptions but no hater can argue with the results. Even the defense looked better because they could actually stay off the field and rest.

And Cohn and others like him saw all that and figured...let's trade that guy away and sign Cousins. Someone who has been surrounded by great talent his whole starting career and never won more than 9 games. 4 more than what Jimmy won last year.

Not saying that Kirk would've been a bad signing for us but we've got a stud with Jimmy and we know he can play well here. You don't trade that away.
Question: 49res fans in San Francisco don't like the term "San Fran"?
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

Not just the 49er fans, most of the Bay Area
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

People need to get over themselves.

Its anal retentive rich behavior.

I call the United States of America - USA.

California - Cali

Los Angeles - LA

Chicago - Chi - town

Who cares, ill call it whatever the hell I want.
[ Edited by JBrack on Feb 13, 2018 at 7:42 AM ]

Interesting. I honestly didn't know that. Never been to the Bay Area. (BTW I have been to California 4 times when I was in the Army. I don't tell people that I've been to California much though because outside of Ft. Irwin for NTC I've never had the opportunity to see any of California's city's.) But I guess it's the same when I was living in Florida some years back. The people of Tampa HATE the term "Tampa Bay" and will promptly correct you, so I understand.
Originally posted by JBrack:

California - Cali

Los Angeles - LA

Chicago - Chi - town

Now I can speak to Chicago: the people here actually love the term Chi-town. "The Chi" is a popular term as well.
Interesting. I honestly didn't know that. Never been to the Bay Area. (BTW I have been to California 4 times when I was in the Army. I don't tell people that I've been to California much though because outside of Ft. Irwin for NTC I've never had the opportunity to see any of California's city's.) But I guess it's the same when I was living in Florida some years back. The people of Tampa HATE the term "Tampa Bay" and will promptly correct you, so I understand.

So. the people of Tampa Bay Area don't like being told they live in Tampa Bay? Bucs made a poor choice of name then?
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,700 for JBrack.
Originally posted by JBrack:

California - Cali

Los Angeles - LA

Chicago - Chi - town

Now I can speak to Chicago: the people here actually love the term Chi-town. "The Chi" is a popular term as well.

I threw that in there just for you buddy
Share 49ersWebzone