LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 335 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Clears the way for Barkley

Yep which means we don't need to beat out the Browns.
Wow!
Now with all of the money saved by not signing Cousins, we can get an oline!
No need for a qb with pick 2. Lynch will trade back and get a bounty.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I think we got fleeced big time. The Pats never would have traded this guy if they thought he could be Tom Brady's replacement.

But I'm willing to give Shanny the benefit of the doubt. The guy knows QB's as well as anyone. If he thinks Jimmy G. can be "the guy," so be it.

Care to explain?

Jimmy G wasnt going to re-sign and the Pats feel like they have a couple more years left of Brady as the starter. So how did get fleeced?
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I think we got fleeced big time. The Pats never would have traded this guy if they thought he could be Tom Brady's replacement.

But I'm willing to give Shanny the benefit of the doubt. The guy knows QB's as well as anyone. If he thinks Jimmy G. can be "the guy," so be it.

Tom isn't ready to retire, wants to play several more seasons. How many years could Jimmy wait? Hes not resigning there to sit behind Tom Brady.
Small sample size, but he looked like a solid NFL starter last year.
Some of y'all will never be happy, niners lose " the front don't care about winning " they trade for a potential FQB "wtf is the team doing? Is he even good?"
Originally posted by susweel:
can some people post articles now why Jimmy G is so good ?

"Through six quarters of playing time as the New England Patriots' No. 1 quarterback in 2016, Jimmy Garoppolo completed 42 of 59 passes for 496 yards and four touchdowns. That's good for a 71.2 percent completion percentage and a Total QBR of 90.9.Feb 21, 2017"

My dude.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Cousins wasn't a sure thing. I like the aggressive move to try and go for a franchise QB.

Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Gutsy move.

Do not play him this year and get him injured needlessly.

Need to see if he is worth the investment.
Please don't be a Matt Cassel
8 game win streak, here we go
Hopefully it's the 2nd rounder we got from the Saints, and not our actual 2nd rounder.

If Shanahan loves him I can't be too happy, so far his two crushes , Beathard and Joey williams have not worked out too well
  • Veteran
Can't have enough good quarter backs. Sign Kirk Cousin and draft qbs in every round till we land one.
Share 49ersWebzone