LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Where is the Bottom?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hate to say it guys but this isn't the bottom. Year 1 of a total rebuild isn't the bottom and if it then that's great. The bottom would be year 3 of a rebuild and we are 0-8 or something like that. Kind of like the Browns are right now.
the bottom for me is starting:
Beadles
Kilgore
Fusco
Magnus

We could get a good leg up on 2018 by cutting all 4 of these guys right now. And fill their slots with whom?...you might ask. Well we got Williams (Darrel), Joe S, Trenton, Laken i guess, and then we need a snapper. maybe our long snapper? I would also consider putting AA on the OL and see if he can help out there. Go ahead and laugh but we need to do something to protect our qB from permanent injury, which is likely to happen if we see the horrible foursome of fusco, beadles, kilgore, Magnus out there again. Those guys all have one thing in common...inability to block. So fire them. Why keep guys around that cannot do the one simple thing they are expected to do...ie protect the qb. And Magnus who looked good in PS...cripes his blocking abilities mimic fusco/beadles/ kilgore. Gotta get rid of him too. Somebody joked about lynch being out at Walmart looking for some guys who could go from street clothes to red and gold. Right now we are bad, but wait until CJ gets injured.

If it weren't for all the injuries we would have an unbiased look at what we have as a team. The injuries are a much much clearer picture. And that is no matter what else we are lacking, we have NO DEPTH....NONE. And that is at least a 1-2 yr fix right there. Nobody would have guessed that we would once again, for the 4th consecutive yr lead the league in IR/PUP or whatever it is that cannot play. And now we see just how important that is....with NOBODY to man the OL and protect our Qb. This is arm chair looking in the rear view mirror stuff...but we SHOULD have addressed the lack of depth on OL and everything else. Problme was Lynch and shanny got their backups and they weren't worth krapt. Zut, Barnes, theus all gone. Magnus totally ineffective blocker. Fusco? Awful, horrible. Kilgore? How could he be worse? Beadles? Is actually worse than he looks. Totally useless, and then with Magnus beign a bust, we got nobody' there to protect the qb.

Bring up Williams (Darrel) from PS as an OT, and plug him in somewhere...probably OG. . Bring our LS up to now snap the ball full time. Try out AA on the OL, say at RG. Send lynch around to Walmart to find guys who might just be able to block a littel bit. That's the problem with all curren OLs....none can block...except Joe who is hurt and Trenton with a concussive headache..

But one thing we must do....and that is fire all fusco, beadles, kilgore, Magnus immediately. If we don't we are once again keeping guys on the team who cannot do their jobs. Get rid of all those and if our roster ends up being just 39 guys, well so be it. At least then, we would know what we don't have. Too long have we looked at IR list and figured, "well we got that position covered as soon as so and so comes off IR. Just assume all those guys are done...and then go from there. So cut all but 3 or 4 of that IR list of 14 and move on. We have carried guys like tank for ever....was he worth it? Hell no. So cut more dead wood , cut guys who obviously can't play (and currently are starting on OL),, and then...maybe then we can move on. Right now we got so much more dead wood it isn't funny. But lynch has got his work cut out for him because virtually none of the players we need will be there. Oh, and Joe S has a fractured orbital ridge which is serious. He's gone for the yr. Ouch.

And then the one thing kyle has to do to have a successful season. evaluate CJ and see if he really is the one. With no OL that is impossible, so kyle has his work cut out also. Right now i got a fair chunk of change on the over of 4.5 Ws. That is a dead duck loser. Shame on me for betting on my own team. Stupid. Oh and my PYMWYMI was 8 Ws. Well we are there now.

Sad to say, i can't see anything better than a win...or none.. as our record at season's end. Could lynch and kyle have been that bad in talent evaluation ? I refused to believe it but now....i was dead wrong. And our team is dead meat for this yr. No way i can see kyle giving a legit opinion on CJ with a worthless OL. Anything he decides on will be a guess. Looks like we will be after cuzins after all....but he wont help if we can't protect him. We are screwed, and NO this isn't the bottom. That could be next yr ....i hope. If not then 2019 as bottom. Double ouch.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Oct 30, 2017 at 8:36 AM ]
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
This hopeless feeling set in when I watched the Texans-Seahawks game and witnessed the best young QB I've seen in a long time, Watson. He is light years ahead of any QB in his draft class. Did the 49ers invite him in for a look-see?

i was so sure he would be a bust. Kid is the real deal
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
This hopeless feeling set in when I watched the Texans-Seahawks game and witnessed the best young QB I've seen in a long time, Watson. He is light years ahead of any QB in his draft class. Did the 49ers invite him in for a look-see?

Kinda felt he was going to be good simply because of the ease in which he lit up Alabama's Defense twice. 99% of the QB's in college IMO can't do that.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
the bottom for me is starting:
Beadles
Kilgore
Fusco
Magnus

We could get a good leg up on 2018 by cutting all 4 of these guys right now. And fill their slots with whom?...you might ask. Well we got Williams (Darrel), Joe S, Trenton, Laken i guess, and then we need a snapper. maybe our long snapper? I would also consider putting AA on the OL and see if he can help out there. Go ahead and laugh but we need to do something to protect our qB from permanent injury, which is likely to happen if we see the horrible foursome of fusco, beadles, kilgore, Magnus out there again. Those guys all have one thing in common...inability to block. So fire them. Why keep guys around that cannot do the one simple thing they are expected to do...ie protect the qb. And Magnus who looked good in PS...cripes his blocking abilities mimic fusco/beadles/ kilgore. Gotta get rid of him too. Somebody joked about lynch being out at Walmart looking for some guys who could go from street clothes to red and gold. Right now we are bad, but wait until CJ gets injured.

If it weren't for all the injuries we would have an unbiased look at what we have as a team. The injuries are a much much clearer picture. And that is no matter what else we are lacking, we have NO DEPTH....NONE. And that is at least a 1-2 yr fix right there. Nobody would have guessed that we would once again, for the 4th consecutive yr lead the league in IR/PUP or whatever it is that cannot play. And now we see just how important that is....with NOBODY to man the OL and protect our Qb. This is arm chair looking in the rear view mirror stuff...but we SHOULD have addressed the lack of depth on OL and everything else. Problme was Lynch and shanny got their backups and they weren't worth krapt. Zut, Barnes, theus all gone. Magnus totally ineffective blocker. Fusco? Awful, horrible. Kilgore? How could he be worse? Beadles? Is actually worse than he looks. Totally useless, and then with Magnus beign a bust, we got nobody' there to protect the qb.

Bring up Williams (Darrel) from PS as an OT, and plug him in somewhere...probably OG. . Bring our LS up to now snap the ball full time. Try out AA on the OL, say at RG. Send lynch around to Walmart to find guys who might just be able to block a littel bit. That's the problem with all curren OLs....none can block...except Joe who is hurt and Trenton with a concussive headache..

But one thing we must do....and that is fire all fusco, beadles, kilgore, Magnus immediately. If we don't we are once again keeping guys on the team who cannot do their jobs. Get rid of all those and if our roster ends up being just 39 guys, well so be it. At least then, we would know what we don't have. Too long have we looked at IR list and figured, "well we got that position covered as soon as so and so comes off IR. Just assume all those guys are done...and then go from there. So cut all but 3 or 4 of that IR list of 14 and move on. We have carried guys like tank for ever....was he worth it? Hell no. So cut more dead wood , cut guys who obviously can't play (and currently are starting on OL),, and then...maybe then we can move on. Right now we got so much more dead wood it isn't funny. But lynch has got his work cut out for him because virtually none of the players we need will be there. Oh, and Joe S has a fractured orbital ridge which is serious. He's gone for the yr. Ouch.

And then the one thing kyle has to do to have a successful season. evaluate CJ and see if he really is the one. With no OL that is impossible, so kyle has his work cut out also. Right now i got a fair chunk of change on the over of 4.5 Ws. That is a dead duck loser. Shame on me for betting on my own team. Stupid. Oh and my PYMWYMI was 8 Ws. Well we are there now.

Sad to say, i can't see anything better than a win...or none.. as our record at season's end. Could lynch and kyle have been that bad in talent evaluation ? I refused to believe it but now....i was dead wrong. And our team is dead meat for this yr. No way i can see kyle giving a legit opinion on CJ with a worthless OL. Anything he decides on will be a guess. Looks like we will be after cuzins after all....but he wont help if we can't protect him. We are screwed, and NO this isn't the bottom. That could be next yr ....i hope. If not then 2019 as bottom. Double ouch.

Agree, but you forgot to mention Pinion, he's worthless
Originally posted by jcs:
Bottom is 0-13 and KS pulls his Powerpoint presentation that he used to quit on the Browns and force feeds it to Jed.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
in recent history of the team. we are at the threshold of hell,. it can and probably will get worse. the best this team had to offer was close losses earlier and now this team is what they will be for the rest of the year. coach may be able to keep total hell from coming down on him as the year goes with his nice articulation. same with lynch
Originally posted by fly15:

LOL. Pinion is 1st in punts inside the 20 and has the 3rd most forced fair catches.

Kinda felt he was going to be good simply because of the ease in which he lit up Alabama's Defense twice. 99% of the QB's in college IMO can't do that.

yeah that was definitely a pro for him, that he could light up the best defense in college. But some games he looked like a just a college QB. Even the first couple of games in the NFL, i thought Watson looked like someone who couldnt go through his progressions. When his 1st read wasnt there, he would take off and run. Looks like he has been getting some good coaching and is really learning quickly. but TBH, he has a hell of a supporting cast in Houston
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Oct 30, 2017 at 9:14 AM ]
Still havent bottomed out from the harbaugh fiasco. 5-11 to 2-14 to 0-16. We still getting worse

I think the Yorks can go lower. Multiple years in a row of 0 - 16? I really have no doubt that this is possible. I'm not saying we will do it. But it's just not beyond the realm of possibility. I'm serious.....
  • jcs
  • Veteran

yeah that was definitely a pro for him, that he could light up the best defense in college. But some games he looked like a just a college QB. Even the first couple of games in the NFL, i thought Watson looked like someone who couldnt go through his progressions. When his 1st read wasnt there, he would take off and run. Looks like he has been getting some good coaching and is really learning quickly. but TBH, he has a hell of a supporting cast in Houston

A supporting cast 9 other QB's couldn't figure out how to use over the last few years...gotta give him credit were it's due.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by jreff22:
We're there

People have been saying that for a few years. We won't know until we starting see the team improve.
It looked like the team will finish with a worse record and point differential for the fourth straight year.

0-16 is the bottom....and its what I expect right now

It's mostly Russell Wilson backyard ball right now. We'll see how he does this time next year once there is tape on him. Does he evolve? Can he keep the same RW magic going?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by fly15:

LOL. Pinion is 1st in punts inside the 20 and has the 3rd most forced fair catches.

30 second drives is probably just wearing out his leg
Share 49ersWebzone