LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 138 users in the forums

After watching the games today, I have come the conclusion neither Beathard or Cousins

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Cousins is a good qb, but not a great one. At best he gets the 49ers to playoffs, that's it. Beathard at best is another Cousins. The team needs a franchise QB. Whose with me on this?
[ Edited by goldlame2013 on Oct 29, 2017 at 9:29 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by goldlame2013:
Cousins is a good qb, but not a great one. At he gets the 49ers to playoffs that's it. Beathard at best is another Cousins. The team a franchise QB. Whose with me on this?

Im with you.
Cousins is a good qb, but not a great one. At best he gets the 49ers to playoffs, that's it. Beathard at best is another Cousins. The team needs a franchise QB. Whose with me on this?

If only Lynch would have thought of acquiring a franchise QB. It's just that simple.

If Beathard became another Cousins I'd be tickled pink.
If Beathard is another Cousins he is cheaper and younger. Problem is Beathard was the kind of QB that would have benefited greatly from a year or two behind a starter.

I would settle for the playoffs at this point.

Cousins is a top tier QB but if the 49ers going to give him 30 mil, he's not the type of QB that can carry you through out the playoffs like Rodgers or Brady.

If beathard is another Cousins, then it means he is cheap labor for the next two years and the 49ers CAN to splurge in FA. (but they won't)
Share 49ersWebzone