LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 159 users in the forums

Lets be honest, how many players away from being competitive are we?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Lets be honest, how many players away from being competitive are we?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
just watch. This time next year we'll be contending for pl..........the ''P'' word.

Duuuhhhh. We had the Rams possibly beat and NFL.com has them at #2 on power rankings lol. Ill let the NFL do their thing this year with all the drama and well come out swinging like a mug next year ....

We're a good qb away from 6-2 and in the hunt for playoffs.No Jim Mora Sr.

Oh fa sho

I think with a good Qb and OL we can get better faster.
We have no franchise quarterback. We have no offensive line. No defensive line. One linebacker. No cornerbacks. Pedestrian wide receivers. This isn't even up to an expansion team.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Let's start with a FQB before we go any further. Without a FQB you can forget about anything else.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Let's start with a FQB before we go any further. Without a FQB you can forget about anything else.

Some teams like to build the trenches first.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

If you want to build an O-line first, then check it in 3 years time and see where we are at.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

If you want to build an O-line first, then check it in 3 years time and see where we are at.

It's not me, I'm just saying, some think that building the trenches first is the way to go. As far as me, I'd rather take the qb first and then build around him.
just watch. This time next year we'll be contending for pl..........the ''P'' word.

Duuuhhhh. We had the Rams possibly beat and NFL.com has them at #2 on power rankings lol. Ill let the NFL do their thing this year with all the drama and well come out swinging like a mug next year ....

We're a good qb away from 6-2 and in the hunt for playoffs.No Jim Mora Sr.

Oh fa sho

I think with a good Qb and OL we can get better faster.

So, a good QB and a good O-line, thats like 4-6 players right there!
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Oct 30, 2017 at 7:18 AM ]
After more than a decade of drafting to build a power run team, with big O-linemen, and a 3-4 defense, with lots of zone on the back end, we are trying to become a zone run, west coast offense with 4-3 defense that relies on lots of man coverage....Thats about as big a change as a team can make.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
After more than a decade of drafting to build a power run team, with big O-linemen, and a 3-4 defense, with lots of zone on the back end, we are trying to become a zone run, west coast offense with 4-3 defense that relies on lots of man coverage....Thats about as big a change as a team can make.

EXACTLY!!!!! Rebuilding top to bottom.
One owner away from turning it around.

• jcs
  • Veteran

It's not me, I'm just saying, some think that building the trenches first is the way to go. As far as me, I'd rather take the qb first and then build around him.
With F/A you can accelerate that into just an offseason.
We suck bro's- it's bad, very bad. I call it karma. Well done Jed.. Well done.
Originally posted by Force_Choke:

Yup. Mr. Accountable mucked things up.
LOL. We could be really bad for a very long time. Trust me.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Force_Choke:

Yup. Mr. Accountable mucked things up.

We had a series of bad drafts under Baalke. While I guess you can lay that on the feet of Jed York, he did what most fans wanted him to do. He hired a GM that came highly recommended by many in the NFL and stuck with the guy through thick and thin. He was the polar opposite of his counterpart in Washington, who fired coaches and GM's willy nilly (or dilly dilly!) it seemed every six months.

The only bad move York made is, ultimately, Baalke turned out to be the next Captain Bligh (Joe Thomas, who Eddie D. hired). I think we all know, by now, he's the reason so many of our veterans retired at once. They could see the writing on the wall. Harbaugh was going to get forced out. None of the players that Baalke had drafted were going to be able to replace our aging superstars and some of them were just plain bad people (seems like a 49er player was getting arrested every week). In other words, the poop was going to hit the proverbial fan, and none of these guys wanted what was going to come raining down, so they got out while the getting was good.

Blame Jed for hiring a guy that came highly recommended around the league. That much you can do. But also remember that Jed stuck by this guy. He'll stick with Shanny and Lynch too, in the hopes that they have the talent to pull this rebuild off. Blame Jed for taking the advice that Eddie D. offered. Hire "the guy" and get out of his way. That's what Jed did. That's what Eddie did. They both screwed up badly on the first choice. Let's hope Jed's second choice at GM brings the same kind of luck that Eddie D. got when he gave Bill Walsh a shot at the top job.
Share 49ersWebzone