There are 239 users in the forums

What will it take to NEVER have to Totally Rebuild Again?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Give sus and I 3 drafts, we'll have this team back in the ship.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Are we talkin Titanic?
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:

Are we talkin Titanic?
most likely the
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Seems that every consistent winning team has a great QB. Dynasty's have a great QB and HC. Great HCs are quirky, are hard to deal with and get the attention of the media. If an Owner + GM can't play 2nd fiddle to them then they lose their dynasty (Jerry Jones, York and Baalke).
It's sad that Harbs help draw the base that built Levi's. Now that Jed is older I'm wondering if he would have chosen differently.

The Steelers have had three coaches over the past five decades. The 49ers have had four head coaches over the past four years.
It's the Yorks, they are the anti-Rooneys and it shows in the winning % of each ownership.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Seems that every consistent winning team has a great QB. Dynasty's have a great QB and HC. Great HCs are quirky, are hard to deal with and get the attention of the media. If an Owner + GM can't play 2nd fiddle to them then they lose their dynasty (Jerry Jones, York and Baalke).
It's sad that Harbs help draw the base that built Levi's. Now that Jed is older I'm wondering if he would have chosen differently.

The Steelers have had three coaches over the past five decades. The 49ers have had four head coaches over the past four years.
It's the Yorks, they are the anti-Rooneys and it shows in the winning % of each ownership.
its was 40ish years since they won a championship, then they drafted big Ben. How many QBs did they go through since Bradshaw ?

ownership looking good is solely on the QB they currently have
  • jcs
  • Veteran

its was 40ish years since they won a championship, then they drafted big Ben. How many QBs did they go through since Bradshaw ?

1980 to 2006 is not 40ish years....the 49ers on the other hand are at 22 years since our last with no hope in sight compared to the steelers who have a shot this year to extend their already league leading 6 SB wins.
[ Edited by jcs on Oct 25, 2017 at 9:06 AM ]

I would agree that Big Bens talent is the constant. I'm not sure that Omar Epps Tomlin would be a great coach without him. Just like the situation in Green Bay with Rodgers.
Originally posted by jcs:

1980 to 2006 is not 40ish years....the 49ers on the other hand are at 22 years since our last with no hope in sight compared to the steelers who have a shot this year to extend their already league leading 6 SB wins.
ok 26 years. thanks for the correction. The major factor is QB, not the Franchise.

All current winning Franchises have their long term QB
  • jcs
  • Veteran

ok 26 years. thanks for the correction. The major factor is QB, not the Franchise.

You can have a Franchise QB and struggle to sniff the playoffs...see M.Stafford. I think the two go hand in hand...Brady is a top 3 all time QB but would he be the same QB today without Billicheck and the Pats? Same could be said about our own GOAT Montana...would he have been great without Walsh and the 49ers teams he was on?

LMAO, come on man.
They won and they won and they won. Ownership looks good based on stability, winning %, playoff appearances and Super Bowls won.
Let's look at the Pittsburgh Steelers over the past 45 years...
Record: 512-267 (66%)
Playoff Appearances: 28 (only 17 missed playoffs)
Super Bowl Appearances: 8
Super Bowl Wins: 6

The Steelers have appeared ina Superbowl in 4 of the past 5 decades including the past three.

But hey, the only thing separating the Yorks from the Rooneys is Big Ben, amirite?

Edit: about the "40ish years" comment...
2005-1979 = 26
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Oct 25, 2017 at 10:01 AM ]

The Steelers have had three head coaches since the 1960s. That must be "solely on the QB they currently have".

LMAO, come on man.
They won and they won and they won. Ownership looks good based on stability, winning %, playoff appearances and Super Bowls won.
Let's look at the Pittsburgh Steelers over the past 45 years...
Record: 512-267 (66%)
Playoff Appearances: 28 (only 17 missed playoffs)
Super Bowl Appearances: 8
Super Bowl Wins: 6

The Steelers have appeared ina Superbowl in 4 of the past 5 decades including the past three.

But hey, the only thing separating the Yorks from the Rooneys is Big Ben, amirite?
like i said what happened in the 26 year drought ? Big Ben is the difference maker

name another team that can maintain winning without a franchise QB
You can have a Franchise QB and struggle to sniff the playoffs...see M.Stafford. I think the two go hand in hand...Brady is a top 3 all time QB but would he be the same QB today without Billicheck and the Pats? Same could be said about our own GOAT Montana...would he have been great without Walsh and the 49ers teams he was on?

This is what I was saying a couple pages ago. You should always be looking for a franchise QB but you're not an automatic contender with one.

The Steelers have had three head coaches since the 1960s. That must be "solely on the QB they currently have".
You forgot how many times Cohwer was on the edge of being fired. But cool so they stuck with their HCs that respectable
Share 49ersWebzone