LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 176 users in the forums

What will it take to NEVER have to Totally Rebuild Again?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
I still think we're on the path to success. My only worry is that Jed won't be able to sit back when the success comes just like he did Harbaugh. He and Baalke wanted all the credit once the Niners got rolling.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Assassination of the Yorks.

You win ! Great comment lol but I'm all seriousness, it takes good draft choices through out the draft, knowing who to to pay and not to pay..aka patriots, steelers way..

your way makes sense but my way is easier...
Either a time machine or someone who can see the future. Either work
Draft a FQB
Don't fire great coaches for no reason after 4 years
Keep Jed out of Football Ops
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
I really think it boils down to the Yorks. I'm not in the crowd that seems to be skeptical of ShanaLynch just 7 games in.. but the larger question of avoiding being a franchise that has to have a total rebuild/hit reset every 7-8 years comes down to ownership.

1999 happened as a result of f*cking with the salary cap to stay dominant in the mid/late 90s.. but what always blew my mind was how we ended up in the same exact position, if not worse, just 5 years later in 2004.

1981-2002 was special (99/2000 not withstanding), but under the Yorks we haven't been able to keep up with the likes of the Patriots, Steelers, Packers etc

Stability with ShanaLynch being able to execute their vision will be a good start!

The seeds for the end of the 49ers dynasty were planted in the mid 90s. You can't get away with that crap level of drafting for long and have your only real success be a WR. Policy and Co blew it bigtime and then amplified those poor decisions with a series of poor free agent signings and failed to secure replacements for many of the aging players including whiffing on QB. People didn't care so much then as the team was riding the last of the SB team guys hard but year by year you could see the depth on the roster dropping off and the only replacements were aging veterans on their last legs as well.

Things would have been even worse had Walsh not brought in Garcia.

So yeah the Yorks have been terrible owners but the 49ers collapse was initiated well before they entered the picture. You just can't be that inept for so long when it comes to personnel and hope to remain viable.

They were on the way down and this is before they hired Walsh's guy Donahue to be GM. I think with Eddie they would have rebounded sooner with better overall hires but there still would have been some pretty rough years there.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 24, 2017 at 8:17 AM ]
It will take all of the eagles players to sign with the 49ers and take the field in 49er uni's.
Or Ninersickness as GM
  • jcs
  • Veteran
New Ownership....
Getting a good HC/GM and keeping them. Understand you aren't going to win a SuperBowl every year and there will be years you aren't going to make the playoffs.

The HC will need to be able to change with the times. Just because a particular scheme worked the first 5 years you were the coach doesn't mean it will work forever.

The GM will need to work with the HC and get the players they both want.
"We just need to stay the course" ~ Mike Nolan

Sign Cousins
Draft Saquon Barkley
Sign M. Bryant
Sign Trumaine Johnson
Sign Malcom Butler
Sign Ezekiel Ansah
Sign Jarvis Landry

BOOM 2018 NFC WEST CHAMPIONS!!!!
[ Edited by Tru2RedNGold25 on Oct 24, 2017 at 9:40 AM ]
Hitting on a replacement franchise QB before your current franchise QB retires
Franchise QB makes your coaching look good so they have job security
Franchise QB makes offensive players around them look good
  • fan49
  • Veteran
a qb
Never rebuild again? Download Bill Belichick's mind onto an iphone. You could give him a team full of high school kids and he'd win 10 games.
Jed has to go. In no other scenario will we have long term success. This guys switches coaches on a whim like its no big deal.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Oct 24, 2017 at 6:15 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone