There are 168 users in the forums

What will it take to NEVER have to Totally Rebuild Again?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Be patient. We are in a Reboot, Rebuild, Rehab or whatever.

But losing like this as a fan is very tough. You question everything and way overthink the tiniest of detail. There is little room for enjoyment unless you are a masochist ( There are more than just a few of us in the webzone though). But it's NOT about us fans is it? It's about WINNING........someday down the track.

So what will these gifted leaders in Shanahan and Lynch need to put in place to create a lasting legacy in the modern era similar to teams like Pats and Packers where totally hitting rock bottom is unthinkable. We certainly don't want to be compared to the Browns forever.

Recent comments from Shanahan mention the Bill Walsh early period. Joe Montana!

Do all roads lead to the Quarterback? OR is there much more to it? The Pats had Brady and Packers had Favre. Is Cousins the answer?
Of course there is one other factor.
[ Edited by KeepRabbitsOut on Oct 24, 2017 at 2:05 AM ]
I really think it boils down to the Yorks. I'm not in the crowd that seems to be skeptical of ShanaLynch just 7 games in.. but the larger question of avoiding being a franchise that has to have a total rebuild/hit reset every 7-8 years comes down to ownership.

1999 happened as a result of f*cking with the salary cap to stay dominant in the mid/late 90s.. but what always blew my mind was how we ended up in the same exact position, if not worse, just 5 years later in 2004.

1981-2002 was special (99/2000 not withstanding), but under the Yorks we haven't been able to keep up with the likes of the Patriots, Steelers, Packers etc

Stability with ShanaLynch being able to execute their vision will be a good start!
Assassination of the Yorks.
All franchises go through good and bad periods.
Originally posted by English:

True enough. Some handle it better than others.

The draft is one way to keep the league more equal but some rise above that model and keep at the top of their division and some can't get out of their funk.

Beneath the Pats cheating is a system and QB that wins even after not getting the pick of the draft.

The niners have ridden a roller coaster. Why would you want to go through reinventing yourself every 5 to 10 years?
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Originally posted by English:

True enough. Some handle it better than others.

The draft is one way to keep the league more equal but some rise above that model and keep at the top of their division and some can't get out of their funk.

Beneath the Pats cheating is a system and QB that wins even after not getting the pick of the draft.

The niners have ridden a roller coaster. Why would you want to go through reinventing yourself every 5 to 10 years?

You have to be lucky. Pick up a franchise qb and a franchise pass rusher. Aldon Smith. Is how not to do it! So you need to be lucky as well.

But look at the franchises that have never had a sniff at the super bowl.
3 year plan. Need an actual d coordinator. A good pass rush will make a HUGE difference. Beyond that the assassin----n thing is interesting. Going to need to burn the hell out of the cap to get this s**tshow inside a dumpster fire put out. Which means we have to lean on el dips--t York to help out.
long extended runs?

Eddie D
Bill Walsh/George Siefert

Joe Montana/Steve Young

Kraft
Belichick
Brady

The Rooneys
Cowher/Tomlin
Rothlisberger
Good luck and great drafting.

Its not possible to avoid a rebuild completely but you can delay it five ten twelve years.

1) an owner willing to spend on quality veterans;

2) a flexible adaptable off def system the can help not hinder coaches and talent keep ahead of the tape game;

3) lucky drafting finding successful pieces that technical coaches can integrate into a winning system of play by the brain trust coaches.

The inevitable can be delayed.

But, do we have #1?
Like others have said it's almost impossible to never rebuild again. You can set yourself up well for a decade or so but it all centers around the quarterback position. You simply can't win long term without one.
I ain't gonna lie, but I like the 49ers when they're bad. Their games are hella affordable. I'll probably catch the new years eve game as well as a few next year. Also, I dont have to worry about my heart getting broken. I expect them to lose and it's fun to bet against them. Every time they lose, I profit!!!
Kidnap the Yorks and throw them off the Golden Gate Bridge
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Assassination of the Yorks.

You win ! Great comment lol but I'm all seriousness, it takes good draft choices through out the draft, knowing who to to pay and not to pay..aka patriots, steelers way..
Share 49ersWebzone