LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 233 users in the forums

How is the rebuilt measuring up so far?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How is the rebuilt measuring up so far?

If we had cousins this year, we'd be 5-1
Would rather have both Thomas/Foster and extra draft capital than Watson and ???

Will be interesting to see how Beathard performs with our WR/O-line over the next 4-5 games. I think Watson has slightly more talent to work with.
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Media always over hype. Every year "next years" QB class is better. Then when fans actually watch them and see rough edges that are visible in any college QB, they seem over hyped.

That's OK though - I'm sure next years QB class will be better

The QB class the following year is always gold, the current one is crap. Never fails. A year ago people couldnt stop talking about how awesome the 2018 class would be and how s**tty the 2017 class was in comparison.

Fast forward and the 2018 class isn't looking so hot. None of these guys are really playing at a super high level, all of them come with several concerns and issues to overcome. Two of the supposed top three QBs have had more downs than ups and should probably stay in school another year altogether.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Niners816:
Way worse.....I loved the one fluke win last year and the 5 curb stompings through 6 games.

Have to question the sanity and or eyesight of anyone who thinks this team is worse than the one last year with a historically awful defense.

Have been out in Seattle over the past few weeks and just like here in Phoenix, even the biggest local sports media homers have been talking about how much improved the 49ers are, how much more physical they are over the absolute joke of a team from last year and that they appear to be moving in the right direction.

People in general seem to respect Shanahan far more than they ever did Kelly or especially Tomsula.

Yep, W-L record sucks but this team is far more competitive than they were last season, they have a better +/- than quite a few teams including the 3-3 Cardinals.

They are fighting until the end instead of getting completely blown out after hanging around for two quarters. For a team with 16 rookies and 30+ new players overall, that is a very good sign.

It basically comes down to this....either you're a nuanced football fan or you're not. There's nothing wrong with not understanding the game, but it does make you look foolish when you say stupid s**t on a forum. If you honestly think that last years team was better based on the one win then I seriously question how much you actually understand the game of football.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Oct 17, 2017 at 4:37 PM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Best 0-6 team in NFL history.

No...that was the Titans with Vince Young and CJ2K that finished 8-8 after starting 0-6.

Don't see this team going 8-2 down the stretch for some reason.....
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Only susweel actually responded to the OP and everyone jumped on him, but he's the one that is trolling and everyone else wants to have genuine discussions? lol righhht

92k posts worth
[ Edited by Niners816 on Oct 17, 2017 at 4:35 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Only susweel actually responded to the OP and everyone jumped on him, but he's the one that is trolling and everyone else wants to have genuine discussions? lol righhht

You know me bro i just talk about the subject i try not let these dudes drag me down with their personal beefs.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Signing hoyer
Not drafting watson
Not drafting or signing better CBs
Not getting better at interior OL
Trying AA at leo
Trading for Bibbs
Not drafting a better RB
Signing Juice and not using him much.
Not getting a more experienced DC
Handling the bowman situation poorly

I'm sure there is more.

Trading for Bibbs literally cost them nothing. You're just complaining to complain as usual.

Leave him alone. He's been compiling that list for months just waiting to use it. You should see the Marcus Peters thread over the past three years. Haha

What does Marcus Peters have to do with this topic? Please stay on topic and attack the post not the poster.

Thanks bro. He just upset because his top 5 gm blew that pick and all that time he was saying how good a gm he was.

Sus was right! This list will prove to be 100% accurate too just like Peters.

That said, I do agree with a couple of them and could add some more as well.

But overall, happy with the foundation being layed.
I would still take Rosen. His stats are trending upward still so there is some improvement amongst the rough edges.

The rest I'm not sold on. Darnold and Allen definitely need another year imo. Allen especially.

One of the issues with college though is that year to year the teams can be very volatile due to players leaving constantly. Their replacements aren't always at the same level and the QB can suffer as a result. Makes it harder to get a true gauge sometimes.

You know me bro i just talk about the subject i try not let these dudes drag me down with their personal beefs.

Apparently you aren't a "nuanced football fan" like these other guys. You stick to facts and call things what they are. Definitely no place in this forum for that.

Apparently you aren't a "nuanced football fan" like these other guys. You stick to facts and call things what they are. Definitely no place in this forum for that.

facts.....you think 2016 was better It's ok, that Ram win was EPIC and totally made all the ass kickings worth it.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Oct 17, 2017 at 4:42 PM ]

facts.....you think 2016 was better It's ok, that Ram win was EPIC and totally made all the ass kickings worth it.

Thanks Kaepernick

Opinions and facts are two different things. The list was almost entirely the former. Therefore like any opinion on a high traffic forum it's going to get questioned.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Thanks Kaepernick

Not the first one....that was the Blaine-train.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Best 0-6 team in NFL history.

No...that was the Titans with Vince Young and CJ2K that finished 8-8 after starting 0-6.

Don't see this team going 8-2 down the stretch for some reason.....

10-0, 9-1, 8-2, down the stretch - you never know.
Share 49ersWebzone