LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

How long do the veterans have?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
With the youth movement in full swing, I honestly see the old guards either getting shipped out or not resigned after the season. Players we got accustomed to are slowly being phased out for the young bucks and new faces.

Who's next to go?

Hyde?

Reid?

Staley?????
Hopefully Mitchell will give way to Buckner so Thomas can slide in FT at 3T.

Pita for Lynch is about to happen. Blair for Cooper maybe at BE.

Elijah Lee for Ray-Ray? Witherspoon for Dontae.

I could see Magnuson for Kilgore and eventually, D.J. Williams brought up from the PS.

Honestly, ShanaLynch have done an amazing job of getting the youth in and developing thus far.
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 17, 2017 at 9:59 AM ]
Pretty much what NC said.

I think Reid is 50/50. I think Tartt and Ward should start, but if you can keep Reid on a cash friendly deal, I think you have to for depth, as the 49ers' secondary isn't known for durability.

I think Staley finishes out his contract and then will no longer be a 49ers' player (replacement contingent).

Hard to tell with Hyde. I think you want him on a team friendly deal, or if you can get someone you trust in short distance / red zone, go that route. I like Breida. So you just have to find his partner.
[ Edited by Polkadots on Oct 17, 2017 at 8:57 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think Reid is next to go.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by NCommand:

Pita for Lynch is about to happen. Blair ir Coopee maybe at BE.

I could see Magnuson for Kilgore and eventually, D.J. Williams brought up.

Honestly, ShanaLynch have done an amazing job of getting the youth in and developing thus far.
Agree, ShanaLynch did a great job turning over this horrible roster that they were given. Future looks bright. Just gotta finish games.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think Reid is next to go.

+1...with his trip to NY today to talk about the kneeling it's clear he's becoming a distraction on top of his lack of production and injury issues.
Agree with Mayo, Reid goes and i hope soon. If he stays, then someone is bound to use him and he is just bad news for our team. Sure knows how to jaw at an opponent, who has just schooled him, though.

As for Staley, agree he finishes out his contract, and i wonder if they will want to resign or extend him? He has played well....sure got beat a coiuple times, but still is a top 10 OT. They don't grow on trees. We just happen to have two really good ones. Also DJ Williams is a nice OT to bring up from PS.

And yes, i hope to see Magnus on the OL in the very near future. I bet after two snaps of the ball, CJ goes over to kyle and says, sheesh, man...can't you get somebody...anybody better than kilgore or fusco. Please at least take one of them out. I could see that.That would give us one swinging gate on the OL, either Kilgore or fusco, whichever is left. Man, we need Josh.
I thought you were talking about veterans on this thread, which was leading me to the question "when are you getting shipped out or resigning?"
Originally posted by reno9er:
I thought you were talking about veterans on this thread, which was leading me to the question "when are you getting shipped out or resigning?"

LOL
LOL

What did your name used to be? I've been away for awhile...

• Flax
  • Veteran

Pita for Lynch is about to happen. Blair for Cooper maybe at BE.

I could see Magnuson for Kilgore and eventually, D.J. Williams brought up from the PS.

I would say Lynch is a top 5 GM right now in the NFL
Originally posted by reno9er:

I resigned long ago, bro. As for getting shipped out? Not yet, haven't received my walking papers yet.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Agree with Mayo, Reid goes and i hope soon. If he stays, then someone is bound to use him and he is just bad news for our team. Sure knows how to jaw at an opponent, who has just schooled him, though.

As for Staley, agree he finishes out his contract, and i wonder if they will want to resign or extend him? He has played well....sure got beat a coiuple times, but still is a top 10 OT. They don't grow on trees. We just happen to have two really good ones. Also DJ Williams is a nice OT to bring up from PS.

And yes, i hope to see Magnus on the OL in the very near future. I bet after two snaps of the ball, CJ goes over to kyle and says, sheesh, man...can't you get somebody...anybody better than kilgore or fusco. Please at least take one of them out. I could see that.That would give us one swinging gate on the OL, either Kilgore or fusco, whichever is left. Man, we need Josh.

If Staley goes, we better have a damn good backup plan for replacing him next season because if you think the OL is bad now, wait until we don't have a decent left tackle.

Reid's probably gone.

Hyde might go for the money.

I agree with Staley. He may be getting long in the tooth, but a competent OT is still something to keep close.
Originally posted by Flax:
I would say Lynch is a top 5 GM right now in the NFL

Reid, Hyde, Kilgore, Fusco, Lynch

Not sure when or even if it will happen during the season, but I don't see these guys are part of the short term plans, let alone anything beyond that.

Can definitely see them all receiving less and less snaps as the season goes on. Shanalynch will want to be pretty precise about who they go after in the draft/FA compared to last off season so they will want to test the potential of some of the younger guys.
Share 49ersWebzone