LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Guys, this Is a Good Team! Just Not Good Enough to Overcome Young Mistakes

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hummbabybear:
This team would have beat Tomasula's team and Chip's team.

By 30
  • Jasta
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by susweel:
This is a good team.

Record
0-6

This, good teams win games.

Personally, I think it is the good ole boy owner network punishing Jed for supporting the kneel. Too many horribly missed calls.

Risking the integrity of the NFL seems like a big risk. If the fans knew the owners colluded to outright fix games, the league would never get that credibility back.

Yeah this stuff is hard to buy into.

It is really hard to coordinate this stuff between the number of people it would require and not have it leak out and the consequences of it leaking are immense. Deliberate collusion like this is usually between a couple of individuals with the intention of making money via gambling and is often caught. Way too little to gain and way too much to lose for the league to do stuff like this.

Are their incompetent refs? Yes. Probably a lot more than their should be for a number of reasons.
Do we get more than our fair share of the crappy officiating because we're not a primetime team? Probably.
Do the refs even entirely know what they are and aren't supposed to call? Yes, probably.
Are their some stupid procedural rules and regulations that make this stuff happen more often? Yes.

Never attribute to malice that which is better explained by incompetence.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Good post but all u really did was make another thread for tha whining bashing fans

Good= 49ers lead league in dropped passes
Good- 49ers lead the league in penalties
Good= 0-6

Your definition of good and my definition of good are vastly different

Bill Parcells would throw up over your moral victories argument.

And Bill parcells would smack you in tha head for whining like a b*tch but please keep doing so
This team is a good QB away from being a playoff contender
This a good team at 0-6 . By that definition we will be a great team at 0-16
However, we are the most talented 0-6 team in the league.
Originally posted by dj43:
OP is close.

We could easily be 2-4, at least 1-5 if Gould had not broken his string of made FGs.

The best part it, as others have said, is that as young and inexperienced as it is, they are still in every game since Carolina. When you are that close in so many games, you cannot say it is a "bad" team. It is a young team that has more talent than the record indicates. Put Foster back in the middle of the defense and things are instantly better there. CJ with focused practice time gives a boost as well.

The one thing that must be fixed is the number of mental mistakes/penalties. You just cannot shoot yourself in the foot mentally. CAN. NOT.

This. Once or twice? Bad team...but 5 loses in a row by 3 points or less and maybe four 4th downs away from being 6.

Refs annihilating us, Gould missing the extra point and then the FG, lead leading in missed tackles (213 yards of Cousins 330 by Coyle & Ray-Ray alone), drops and penalties.

And you can't blame it on just the youth either because veterans are also making critical errors at the worst possible times too.

We're damn close and that's with perhaps the worse interior OL in the NFL, Hoyer being Hoyer, 17 players on I.R., no true edge rusher, etc.

It's true, close only counts in horse shoes, but if this trend holds true, we really are just a few players away and a mental error here and there from being a division contender.
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 16, 2017 at 5:49 PM ]
Nice NC...put me down for a dose of that.
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
This is a good team.

Record
0-6

BEST 0-6 team EVER!

I remember over a three year span we went 10-38. The next year we won the superbowl.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

But to appease our 24/7 friends, I'll also add that, "YOU ARE WHAT YOUR RECORD SAYS YOU ARE!"

So we're still a bad team until proven otherwise.

Yeah but we were a runaway freight train heading down the tracks out of control. Wrong direction. . Once CJ came in the O flipped into serviceable and the D did likewise. That part was really strange. But , i;ll take it.
Yeah but we were a runaway freight train heading down the tracks out of control. Wrong direction. . Once CJ came in the O flipped into serviceable and the D did likewise. That part was really strange. But , i;ll take it.

Amen to that!
This is an effort team that lack talent to get them in the w-column. This team is better than little-talent and no effort of past couple of years.
Originally posted by NCommand:

But to appease our 24/7 friends, I'll also add that, "YOU ARE WHAT YOUR RECORD SAYS YOU ARE!"

So we're still a bad team until proven otherwise.

Whats your issue with tha 24/7 thread and friends ??? This is tha 2nd time I've seen you bring tha 24/7 in a NT thread ...
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
This is a good team.

Record
0-6

The coaching needs to improve.

Yeah they're dropping all those balls and missing open players lol...coaching always needs to improve but I think kyle has called some very good games we just need more seasoning and better personnel.
Share 49ersWebzone