LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 325 users in the forums

Guys, this Is a Good Team! Just Not Good Enough to Overcome Young Mistakes

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Yes, I'm on team "Moral Victory 5-1". Guys, the road to redemption is shorter than we think it is. This team is good, but very young with everyone playing in a new system. Even teams with experienced veterans struggle with the latter.

For the past 5 games we were always 1 or 2 plays or calls away from winning. All the good teams in the league win by minimizing mistakes or erasing them with big plays. We saw some of the latter in the past four games. However, this team simply makes too many little mistakes during the game and spends half the game digging themselves out of a hole. This won't be fixed in one season but what we do see is a group of guys giving opponents everything they can handle.

Once we pop that cherry and get in the W column we're going to be a force. Seeing our team lose sucks. But it's like seeing your kid go through surgery. It sucks and its heartrending to watch, but it's all for a good end.

We may still be fighting for a win and searching for our Franchise QB. But guess what, at least we're not Packers fans who have a team built to win now, and a franchise QB with a closing window and a broken collar bone. Enjoy the little things like the massive balls on CJ Beathard who came out slinging.

When it finally comes together, it will be sweet and long-lasting.
[ Edited by BleedsRedNGold on Oct 16, 2017 at 11:52 AM ]
Very good post!
I wouldn't say good....but a below average talented team with a rookie head coach. With more experience, this team would have been 5-1.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Good post. We are like little kids getting brought up properly. But when we put it together, teams need to look out.
Another positive is that even though we are not winning we look like a competent football team.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
This is a good team.

Record
0-6

Originally posted by susweel:
This is a good team.

Record
0-6

The coaching needs to improve.
Good post but all u really did was make another thread for tha whining bashing fans
we are who we thought we were... 0-6. Most likely 0-7 after Sunday.

It is crazy how s**tty a team can go after being in the SB just a few years back.. We are f**king 2-20 in the last 22 games.. i mean think about that for a min... we have won 2 games against the lambs.. WOW
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
who will we be playing in the moral victory playoffs? Browns? Giants?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
who will we be playing in the moral victory playoffs? Browns? Giants?

I got Cleveland v. the Giants in the moral bowl.

good isn't the word to use. we aren't awful, but we aren't anywhere close to good, even with the moral victories. good teams once in a while dominate other teams and win by a big margin. we are a below average team that had some bad luck, and we aren't as bad as the record looks.
This team would have beat Tomasula's team and Chip's team.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
we are who we thought we were... 0-6. Most likely 0-7 after Sunday.

It is crazy how s**tty a team can go after being in the SB just a few years back.. We are f**king 2-20 in the last 22 games.. i mean think about that for a min... we have won 2 games against the lambs.. WOW

We might end up being 0-9 in 3 weeks .
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
good isn't the word to use. we aren't awful, but we aren't anywhere close to good, even with the moral victories. good teams once in a while dominate other teams and win by a big margin. we are a below average team that had some bad luck, and we aren't as bad as the record looks.

We lead the league in drops and those drops would have gotten us a couple of wins at least.
Good post.

But truthfully I don't buy that we should be 5-1 stuff.
In reality the only teams we were outplaying and probably should have beat were Seattle and Arizona.

LA was out scoring us at an alarming rate, Indy was comfortably ahead most of the game, and Washington was up 17-0 before CJ led us back.

So in reality we might be able to say we could have been 2-4 in my book.
Share 49ersWebzone