There are 214 users in the forums

Who stays long term - offense

Shop Find 49ers gear online
After another gut wrenching loss and time to consider who maybe gone as early as the trade deadline at the end of the month. Here is my list of keepers for the rest of the season and moving forward

QB
Beathard
Hoyer (for 1 more year only)

RB
Juszczyk
Breida

WR
Garcon
Taylor
Bolden (KR)

TE
Kittle
Hikutini

OL
T. Brown
Magnuson
Garnett

Your thoughts.........
Not sure on Magnuson or Garnett. I agree with everything else. Not one real difference maker in the group.
I think Tomlinson could wind up sticking around long term. He's surprised me, hasn't been great but has been pretty solid and seems to fit here well.

My only real keepers on the offense though are Brown, Taylor, Kittle and Beathard(as starter or backup) in terms of guys with long-term viability.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I think Tomlinson could wind up sticking around long term. He's surprised me, hasn't been great but has been pretty solid and seems to fit here well.

My only real keepers on the offense though are Brown, Taylor, Kittle and Beathard(as starter or backup) in terms of guys with long-term viability.

True. I like Garcon but in 2 more seasosn father time won't be on his side. Not sure he's a long term guy. I wonder about juice as well. We dont use him nearly as much as i thought we would.
Originally posted by NinerGM:

Agreed with the short list here. Long term as in multi-year? I think the offense gets the majority of the attention this off-season.

I agree, I'm hoping the niners go into next season with a number 1 WR, a new C, and if Beathard shows he's just a back up new QB, and if Hyde isn't resigned then possibly Barkley with the niners 1st pick..
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Agreed with the short list here. Long term as in multi-year? I think the offense gets the majority of the attention this off-season.

I agree, I'm hoping the niners go into next season with a number 1 WR, a new C, and if Beathard shows he's just a back up new QB, and if Hyde isn't resigned then possibly Barkley with the niners 1st pick..

I agree too just wonder if Taylor and Kittle will hold up physically
Taylor, Kittle, T. Brown, Juszczyk, Breida, Beathard

Dont see anyone else staying longer than a year or two
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Oct 15, 2017 at 8:00 PM ]
Originally posted by jersey49er:

I hope we reverse the order and prioritize the interior line. With a group who can run AND pass block, I can cover up a lot of talent deficiencies and inexperience at QB and WR. Same for the defense; I hope they prioritize pass-rushers first then come back to secondary. Pressure makes everyone so much better, even our terrible LBs.
Amen on the interior line--quenton nelson from notre dame.
Hoyer goes.
Originally posted by English:
Hoyer goes.

I'd keep him as a back up

Kilgore, Fusco and Tomlinson have all played bad so far this season
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Taylor, Kittle, T. Brown, Juszczyk, Breida, Beathard

Dont see anyone else staying longer than a year or two

I'd agree with this. OL and WR should be a priority. I'd add Hyde to the list if we resign him
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:
Hoyer goes.

Depends if he'll be a good soldier.
Hoyer goes.

We will be picking up another QB in FA or draft and they will bump Hoyer off the team.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Hoyer goes.

Depends if he'll be a good soldier.

Unless another team is desperate for a starter I don't see another option for him haha, at least he is experienced in the offense. If he's unhappy let him walk
Share 49ersWebzone