LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

Keep in mind Jed York is a business man, he is not a football man, he cares about ROI

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I am surprised the Jed York nut hanging brigade hasn't posted in this thread yet. I guess it is a matter of time.
This is an issue that keeps coming up with the Yorks since they lucked into the franchise. Remember John York locking the water closet to save a few dollars. These are not sportsmen, they are business men. They used Harbaugh until the Stadium was built and then threw him away. They looked for damaged goods every draft, why? To save more money. Jed York tried Wall Street, what became of that?
Originally posted by Viperboy:
Originally posted by 5Jan2003:
I haven't given York any thought this season.
I'm of the opinion something is actually happening to improve the Niners. They could go 0-16 and I'd still believe that.
But that's just my 2 cents.

As a long time fan , this is what's freaking me out

A) 0-16 is on the table
B) It's O.K

I don't think anyone, in this instance Jed York, or by extension Shanny and Lynch, actually thinks it is OK.
The closest they may get to that is thinking it's a by-product of the past (Jed's lap) and/or the process (new FO/coaching).

But to think the close frustrating losses piling up reflect an in-actionable situation is a hard line.
If he only cared about ROI, then he would side with Trump on kneeling.
I'm of the opinion something is actually happening to improve the Niners. They could go 0-16 and I'd still believe that.

As a long time fan , this is what's freaking me out

A) 0-16 is on the table
B) It's O.K

I don't think anyone, in this instance Jed York, or by extension Shanny and Lynch, actually thinks it is OK.
The closest they may get to that is thinking it's a by-product of the past (Jed's lap) and/or the process (new FO/coaching).

But to think the close frustrating losses piling up reflect an in-actionable situation is a hard line.

Im referring to it being ok with some fans (hey we're rebuilding again )

This is one of a few smart men on the zone
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Oct 14, 2017 at 7:35 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I guess if you are looking at it as glass half full, this is the first time a 49ers qb has thrown for over 300 yards in consecutive games since 2000. Not sure if that is a positive or a stat that shows we have become Browns fans over 17 years, gluttons for high draft picks and hope, year after year.
Originally posted by 9erred:

I guess if you are looking at it as glass half full, this is the first time a 49ers qb has thrown for over 300 yards in consecutive games since 2000. Not sure if that is a positive or a stat that shows we have become Browns fans over 17 years, gluttons for high draft picks and hope, year after year.

We are only 4 years removed from the NFCCG and now have the best play caller a team can get not named belicheat
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
Normally I would say he was cheap I know John is but I think they realize profits were better when they were winning games and that brand new empty stadium probably isn't going to fill unless they start winning.

I think this off-seasons lack of spending was two fold. 1. Have enough cash to pay Cousins $25M a year. 2. Build their vision through the draft.

Bowman and Hyde while good players aren't their good players. Armstead is also probably on the block as well.

As for being 0-5 I'm fine with it. We have been in all but one game and there is really no point in going 6-10 or 7-9 for this team, it's not like we are a player or two away.
[ Edited by nj9er on Oct 14, 2017 at 8:19 PM ]
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Or they are not interested in blowing their load all at once. The football guys are making the football decisions not the owner. They are carrying out their vision of how they want to build the team. If some in the fan base don't understand now, fair enough. They will when the team becomes elite again. But you're right that Jed is a businessman and as a businessman a successful product is good for the bottom line. In that light assuming he deliberately is trying to deliver a bad product doesn't qualify as a rational or reasonable conclusion to come to.

This. Pretty straightforward to some of us.

Jed York, a grown man who is still attached to his mothers tit. I'm surprised he isn't still living at home. End of story that's all.
[ Edited by 16to87 on Oct 15, 2017 at 6:00 AM ]
Originally posted by 9erred:

The Browns went to 3 conference championships and a super bowl? News to me
Originally posted by Joecool:
If he only cared about ROI, then he would side with Trump on kneeling.

This. The Jed doesn't care about winning narrative is idiotic and has no facts behind it. I do believe his parents were cheapos tho.

Where the hell is Captveg to defend ?

Defend against what? The stupidity in this thread is self evident.
Yorks are morons. 49ers will never win championship as long as this idiot is running the organization.
Share 49ersWebzone