LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

Things You've Been Wrong About So Far This Year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by FromDaBay2La:
I thought Kyle Shanahan was a good coaching hire. WRONG.

I thought our DL was better than this. WRONG.

I thought Ward would be a little better at safety. WRONG.

The DL is doing ok and it is way too early to call Shanahan a bad hire. Check the games, the Niners have kept them damn close.

This is kind of ridiculous - if you chart the plays - Shanny has been calling a good game! Check the execution - horribly erratic. Penalties, failed reads, interior line play on runs and passes, and DROPS have been super costly. I thought Hoyer would be more consistent - but it is hard to blame him because it might be the receivers running the wrong adjustments.

The defense - at first they seemed to be improving and getting more consistent - then last week there were blown assignments at the DL, LB, and DBs - it seemed to be contagious. So much so, it seemed like the offense had figured out the defense reactions to certain reads and started using that against them. For example, on the long runs, the OL blocked one way and the run went the other. Clearly the offense knew the entire D - secondary included was over-reacting to some things.
i thought our defense wouldn't be sponsored by Angel Soft Toilet paper.....i was wrong
Originally posted by vamphunter23:
i thought our defense wouldn't be sponsored by Angel Soft Toilet paper.....i was wrong

It is hard when our own team wipes their bums with it too. Makes for a messy situation.
And to answer the question. I'd thought we'd have a brain.
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Well - you may have noticed in my "How many games will they win this year post" LOL - I way over estimated their ability to WIN games. I thought Shanny would bring an NFL offense finally to the team - and DISCIPLINE. I way over-estimated the discipline part, and underestimated how easy it is for a team to run 2 good plays and kill themselves with mistakes on the third play. Wow. It goes to show how perfect a team has to consistently execute to WIN. They have been as competitive as I expected, but have killed themselves and lost games with all the little mistakes.

The big thing for me is - Can a team turn the corner on being mistake prone? Under the same regime? We saw Harbaugh turn a team around overnight by insisting on simple execution in the first year. My worry is the team gets used to operating this way under Shanny, and can't shake it.

The key will be if we see improvement by the end of the season.

What you're missing about Harbaugh was that all of the talent was in place. He didn't take over a team a scubs there were a lot of talented draft picks and established pros on the roster.
I thought Rashard Robinson would be better than a JV cornerback
I actually believed this new regime knew what they are doing.
I thought this thread was worth a peek! WORNG PUROS PINCHES LLORONES
  • jrg
  • Veteran
thought robinson would be one step closer to being a shutdown corner

so far, he's been f**king awful
  • Flax
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5timechamps:
I actually believed this new regime knew what they are doing.

What made you think differently?

I didn't think we would tank so obviously
Originally posted by memelas:
And to answer the question. I'd thought we'd have a brain.

This, while young and dumb, there is no excuse for veterans and rookies alike, leading the league in drops and penalties. Pathetic, really.
Share 49ersWebzone