Things You've Been Wrong About So Far This Year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Pegged our first win vs. Colts.

I've been saying that since week 1.

It will be the Giants game.

I also thought we would beat the Colts first. Thought Armstead would have made a bigger impact. Was definitely surprised by the McDonald trade. Hoped Hyde would stay healthy this year.
[ Edited by jvangeystel on Oct 12, 2017 at 5:30 PM ]
I thought that Retard Robinson would be a very good CB, AA would have a dominate year and that Tartt was a bust.
  • NeKro
  • ArmyHoe
that we would have beat the rams again hands down.
I thought Saleh would be more aggressive. Like last season, Buckner's basically the pass rush.
People complaining about Dumervil and Juice must be watching different games to me

Like most thought RR would build on last year and be a star, still have faith in him though.

Thought Kilgore would thrive in this zone run scheme he's struggled.

AA has not thrived anywhere near as much as I thought he might, he's a rotational player which is not enough for a 1st rounder but don't get people wanting to trade him since he's on a cheap contract and can still disrupt when played in the middle.

Positives have been Ward and Tartt have played at an unexpected high level

Trent Brown is a rock in pass pro and is progressing nicely

Kittle and Taylor have huge potential with the right QB
I thought we would sneak up on people and bust down the door of decency.
Instead, we're like a little pervert peeking in the windows.
So close but yet so far away.

Hoyer- Thought he would pull a Rich Gannon and come into his own as a legitimate starter
D-line- With all of the picks and size on the line, I thought we would totally dominate the line of scrimmage and overpower every O line
Originally posted by mayo49:
I also thought Solomon would have more of an impact.

• I didn't think Vance would be traded
  • I didn't think RR would be this up and down (mainly down)
  • I didn't think Hoyer would be this awful overall

I think that's about it...I had a feeling we'd be 1-4 or 0-5 right now. I also thought we'd be close in most games.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
1. Armstead would lead the team in sacks.

2.Goodwin would be the better FA pick up, better than Garcon

3.Dontae Johnson would have one of those years that would elevate him to a top corner.

Other than that the year has gone as expected.
I thought the team would have at least one win in the early part of the season and would end up with 4 - 6 wins for the year.
I thought Juszczyk would play a bigger role - not that he hasn't played pretty well in general, just that he'd have a bigger role.
I thought that Kilgore would play better.
I thought Bow would play better.
I thought that as a group, the d-line would be better at pressuring the QB.
I didn't think Tartt would play as well as he has.
I didn't think special teams play would play as well as they have.
I didn't think we'd keep having such a big injury problem - since the team has gotten so much younger.
I didn't think it was a good idea to dump Kerley - I didn't think Taylor would be this good so soon.
I didn't think astronomers would ever be able to measure the parallax of a star 50,000 light years away but they did it this year.
[ Edited by 49erphan on Oct 13, 2017 at 7:42 AM ]

Originally posted by 49erphan:
I thought the team would have at least one win in the early part of the season and would end up with 4 - 6 wins for the year.
I thought Juszczyk would play a bigger role - not that he hasn't played pretty well in general, just that he'd have a bigger role.
I didn't think special teams play would play as well as it has.
I didn't think we'd keep having such a big injury problem - since the team has gotten so much younger.
I didn't think it was a good idea to dump Kerley - I didn't think Taylor would be this good so soon.
I didn't think astronomers would ever be able to measure the parallax of a star 50,000 light years away but they did it this year.

I mean currently SF is 3rd overall at pressuring the QB

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49erphan:
I didn't think special teams play would play as well as it has.

I mean currently SF is 3rd overall at pressuring the QB

Add that to the list of things I've been wrong about this year!
[ Edited by 49erphan on Oct 13, 2017 at 7:45 AM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
I thought Bow would be better
I though we would win at least 5 games
I thought Hoyer was going to be serviceable
I thought Williams had a chance to take snaps from Hyde
I thought RR was going to be better
I thought our D was going to be much better
I thought our O was going to score more points
I thought KS was going to be a better HC
I was wrong about Lynch recognizing that an edge rusher was needed and would make a move to go after one
I was wrong , I thought Armstead would have developed into a force by now , he is big and has the tools to be dominant, but average at best
I thought Romo would only be semi-annoying as an announcer. I was super wrong
Share 49ersWebzone