LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

This season has been perfect...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It's been a good season. We're losing extremely close, and we still have some holes to fill but it's not like last year. Going into the offseason we knew it was impossible to fix every single problem.

This is a much better team than the record suggests. Gotta remember that every game that is lost by a few points could have just as easily been won too.

I feel good about it
Originally posted by fip24:
I think any realistic fan has to be very happy with how this year has gone. The ideal outcome is that the organization shows that it has its act together and that they can complete, without winning enough games to miss out on a top 5 pick. Mission accomplished
The team has identified a handful of core players who can be part of the next "great" Niner team, while also flushing out those who don't fit. Here is the way I see it...
Core piece- Buckner & Trent Brown
Plus starter (at least)- Thomas, Foster, Pinon, Jus & Garcon
Starter - Armstead, Mitchell and Jimmy Ward
Worth Keeping-Kittle, Trent Taylor, Goodwin, and Robinson
Jury Still Out- Reid, Tartt, Hyde, Garnett, Bethard and Witherspoon

For me, the final piece would be to see what could be had for Staley and Bowman- they are both Niner legends and two of my favorites all-time, but they are too old and expensive to be part of the long-term vision. There is no was Bowman is on this team next year- maybe we could Trent could package a 4th and Bowman for a 3rd??

Foster is not a Core player? He is Patrick Willis 2.0. Kittle and Taylor are BADASS.
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
Originally posted by fip24:
I think any realistic fan has to be very happy with how this year has gone. The ideal outcome is that the organization shows that it has its act together and that they can complete, without winning enough games to miss out on a top 5 pick. Mission accomplished
The team has identified a handful of core players who can be part of the next "great" Niner team, while also flushing out those who don't fit. Here is the way I see it...
Core piece- Buckner & Trent Brown
Plus starter (at least)- Thomas, Foster, Pinon, Jus & Garcon
Starter - Armstead, Mitchell and Jimmy Ward
Worth Keeping-Kittle, Trent Taylor, Goodwin, and Robinson
Jury Still Out- Reid, Tartt, Hyde, Garnett, Bethard and Witherspoon

For me, the final piece would be to see what could be had for Staley and Bowman- they are both Niner legends and two of my favorites all-time, but they are too old and expensive to be part of the long-term vision. There is no was Bowman is on this team next year- maybe we could Trent could package a 4th and Bowman for a 3rd??

Foster is not a Core player? He is Patrick Willis 2.0. Kittle and Taylor are BADASS.

Agree. At this point I want to beat the Cowboys and Seahawks..go 2-14 (If losses are competitive and close)
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
GOGIANTSGO
GOBROWNSGO

If we start 0-9 are you still hoping we lose to the Giants?

hell ya. With our luck, we'll win one meaningless game too many and miss out on the best QB in the history of the NFL.

Who?
Originally posted by teylo31:
GOGIANTSGO
GOBROWNSGO

hell ya. With our luck, we'll win one meaningless game too many and miss out on the best QB in the history of the NFL.

Who?

Knowing our luck we'll finish in a 3 way tie with the Browns and Giants at 1-15....and we end up with the 3rd overall pick
[ Edited by vamphunter23 on Oct 11, 2017 at 8:06 PM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by vamphunter23:
Originally posted by teylo31:
GOGIANTSGO
GOBROWNSGO

Who?

Knowing our luck we'll finish in a 3 way tie with the Browns and Giants at 1-15....and we end up with the 3rd overall pick

yup.

and no idea who, i just know it'll happen.
Question is the 49ers get any ties? So close last few weeks
GOGIANTSGO
GOBROWNSGO
it woudl be perfect if ghey ass cleveland and new york actually wins some games. They're f**king up our draft position.

Originally posted by pdizo916:
it woudl be perfect if ghey ass cleveland and new york actually wins some games. They're f**king up our draft position.

Seriously this. I think it would be freaking hilarious if the browns, giants, and niners do not win a game this year.
I read anyone happy about this season and then stopped, didn't read anyone's answer at all, to me the best thing about this season is if the niners had a good QB, not even great, they would be 4-1 no doubt in my mind..shall I even say if Kap was the QB they would be at least 3-2..that no matter what is a plus in the 1st yr rebuild, plus player are hurt and we are playing hardest I've seen, I truly believe give Kyle a good QB, number, #1 WR, and help on the O-Line, which is all possible for next season it's on..I love the way the niners D is playing honestly, more time in the scheme and they will be better..so to answer the only question I read, yes I'm happy but hate losing games that really should've been won..
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

Seriously this. I think it would be freaking hilarious if the browns, giants, and niners do not win a game this year.

We're playing giant tho so somebody's 0 gotta go
Hell yeah! 5-0 in moral victories! Undefeated moral season here we come!

Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

Tied game?
Share 49ersWebzone