LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 159 users in the forums

Y A Tittle moves beyond this mortal veil.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mod
  • Veteran
RIP

YA Kittle
[ Edited by mod on Oct 9, 2017 at 10:27 AM ]
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
REST IN POWER
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Not to put it lightly or anything.not
English using precise english so as not to be confused with R.I.P.
Originally posted by 16to87:

talk about old school Y A with an acrylic face mask

And a beer stein handle apparently too!
OG stud. RIP
RIP to one of the best ever
I was only 12 when I first came to the states (as we referred to it) and the very first 49er game I saw live was at the Kesar Stadium. Y. A. Tittle, Joe Perry, Hugh McElhenny, Leo Nomellini were the stars of the team. I think it was either vs the Bears or the Rams? Don't remember much nor did I understand the game. Came from the Phillippines and didn't speak English.

Then at some point in time during the next year, I met some of these players but since I still didn't speak the language nor did I really know the game nor these players, I didn't get too excited ... lol ... they were just people to me. HA!

But that was the start of my being a 49er's fan. LOL! Alley Ooop and RIP Y. A.!
[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Oct 9, 2017 at 11:32 AM ]
When I first became a Niner fanatic, Tittle was the Niner QB. He and R.C. Owens became famous for the "Alley Oop" pass. He had Hugh McElhenny & Joe Perry, HOF RB's in his backfield. Billy Wilson was the other starting WR. What an offense. Y.A. was as tough as they come...he threw a lot of picks, but also a lot of TD's. RIP.
Originally posted by tulliman:
Originally posted by 16to87:

talk about old school Y A with an acrylic face mask

And a beer stein handle apparently too!

What is that. Did they have to climb up into their helmet back then???
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
I was only 12 when I first came to the states (as we referred to it) and the very first 49er game I saw live was at the Kesar Stadium. Y. A. Tittle, Joe Perry, Hugh McElhenny, Leo Nomellini were the stars of the team. I think it was either vs the Bears or the Rams? Don't remember much nor did I understand the game. Came from the Phillippines and didn't speak English.

Then at some point in time during the next year, I met some of these players but since I still didn't speak the language nor did I really know the game nor these players, I didn't get too excited ... lol ... they were just people to me. HA!

But that was the start of my being a 49er's fan. LOL! Alley Ooop and RIP Y. A.!
I was maybe 8 years old when my Dad took me to Kezar to see my first pro game. Tittle was my new hero, along with Billy Wilson. I couldn't understand why he was traded. I thought he was the best in the league!

untittle we meet again
I was a kid in NYC when he came to play for the Giants.

Very good QB!
One of the best quarterbacks when he retired. I knew he split time with NY and SF but he was one of my favorite players of all time. Obviously i never watched him play but something about his name and his ability made me appreciate his talents more. It's really a shame that no one mentions him as a 49er great. IMO obviously overlooked and under appreciated.

RIP. Today is should be a very sad day for the NFL.
Originally posted by eastie:
I was maybe 8 years old when my Dad took me to Kezar to see my first pro game. Tittle was my new hero, along with Billy Wilson. I couldn't understand why he was traded. I thought he was the best in the league!

They thought he was finished ... and then ... and then ... he tore up the league! Multiple NFL MVP awards, twice set the league single-season record for touchdown passes, and led the Giants to three straight NFL championship games.

LOL!
Y A Tittle Passes Away would be a friendlier for this thread.
Share 49ersWebzone