There are 248 users in the forums

After 4 weeks 49ers lead NFL in dropped passes

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
On a positive note, that says a lot about how dominating our Defense will be or how good they have played.

our defense is not dominating. while better than last year,. i would hope so. we still have the worst secondary in the nfl. and still can not get off the field on third downs and our linebackers are just not good. bowman needs to just leave
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by evil:
Kerleys strength is as a slot guy not on the outside.

sorry, but you can throw around whatever terms you want to use. a good coach will find a way to get his playmakers involved. if shanny is the genius we were told he was,. he could have found a way to get kerley involved. regardless of the label you want to affix. but then he is still trying to find a place for our prize offensive free agent in the fullback . you like to talks about schemes,. it seems to me that shanny knew his scheme he wanted to run before they signed the fullback so he should have known the job for him. oh they talk a good game and some swallow it but i have my doubts . no i never said i wanted him fired or to bring back trent. which of course is always popular to throw at someone when a person dares express what they feel are legit concerns about this team. these coaches. these players and the so called progress we are supposedly taking through the trees to see the forest or some such idiom .
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Keeping Kerley would mean fewer opportunities for Trent Taylor right now as Jeremy's strength is as a slot receiver. Taylor has but one drop and has produced just as much as Kerley has this season in the pass game. Also keeping Kerley might have kept TT off the active 46 which would mean someone else returning punts, and Taylor has been pretty good back there so far and also moreproductive as a PR than Kerley has been this year.

This. Kerley is a career slot receiver who had absolutely no future with this team. I'd far rather Taylor take his lumps and develop as he does figure into be a key contributor on both offense and special teams.

You know who barely contributes to the offense and special teams?

It's the guy who took Kerley's roster spot...Bourne.
jcs is really good today in my opinion
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Kerleys strength is as a slot guy not on the outside.

sorry, but you can throw around whatever terms you want to use. a good coach will find a way to get his playmakers involved. if shanny is the genius we were told he was,. he could have found a way to get kerley involved. regardless of the label you want to affix. but then he is still trying to find a place for our prize offensive free agent in the fullback . you like to talks about schemes,. it seems to me that shanny knew his scheme he wanted to run before they signed the fullback so he should have known the job for him. oh they talk a good game and some swallow it but i have my doubts . no i never said i wanted him fired or to bring back trent. which of course is always popular to throw at someone when a person dares express what they feel are legit concerns about this team. these coaches. these players and the so called progress we are supposedly taking through the trees to see the forest or some such idiom .

How many TD's would Hoyer have thrown for with Kerley on this roster ?

How many wins would we have with Kerley on this roster ?

And? On a rebuilding team I'd rather stick with the younger players than a middling veteran. Kerley is a decent, not good, not great #3 WR on a quality team. That is his ceiling. Not going to cry about him not being on the roster when the entire WR position is likely to be revamped next year outside of Garcon, Taylor and possibly Goodwin.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

And? On a rebuilding team I'd rather stick with the younger players than a middling veteran. Kerley is a decent, not good, not great #3 WR on a quality team. That is his ceiling. Not going to cry about him not being on the roster when the entire WR position is likely to be revamped next year outside of Garcon, Taylor and possibly Goodwin.
You mean like 29 year old Robinson? This is more than just Kerley too...everyone wants to dump on the roster for the output this season on offense and praise KS for the work he's done without acknowledging that 75% of the starters on that offense are his guys, he picked them and the few that are actually not his guys are players like Hyde, Staley and Brown. This isn't a similar situation that Chip walked into last season, KS isn't forced to utilize players he inherited he's had that freedom to hand pick everything about this roster and the results so far have been abysmal.

You mean like 29 year old Robinson? This is more than just Kerley too...everyone wants to dump on the roster for the output this season on offense and praise KS for the work he's done without acknowledging that 75% of the starters on that offense are his guys, he picked them and the few that are actually not his guys are players like Hyde, Staley and Brown. This isn't a similar situation that Chip walked into last season, KS isn't forced to utilize players he inherited he's had that freedom to hand pick everything about this roster and the results so far have been abysmal.
abysmal ?

1 play in the final minute in last 3 games that decided us from 0-4 to 3-1
Garcon, Kerley and taylor would have been much better. Kerley has 13 catches in ny which is just behing Garcon at 20 for us as far as wrs are concerned.

Seems we are looking for a third guy who can consistantly catch balls. Kerley was that guy.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Oct 6, 2017 at 2:44 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

abysmal ?

I agree with you but I understand some people just have different definitions of what a "good team" and what an "abysmal team" is. For some people, the ability to close out a game is a heavy, heavy factor in that. I understand why because it's one of the biggest differences between wins and losses. I wasn't expecting this team to do everything right out the gate though so I'm not as concerned as others.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Oct 6, 2017 at 2:54 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
How many TD's would Hoyer have thrown for with Kerley on this roster ?

How many wins would we have with Kerley on this roster ?
I do not know. but i dare say the guy would be making more of a contribution than the no names who are not contributing. i think kerley would have made a nice compliment to taylor and to garcon. you love to ask questions when you know there are no answers for them. its just speculation on my part as i look at a player who was good for us, we cut him and now the people who are supposed to replace him are crap. maybe shannahan and lynch should have been a bit more cautious in this area and , maybe you should not get so bent out of shape when someone questions the coach

• cciowa
  • Veteran

and his replacements will just keep dropping balls and you will continue to be ok with that? sheesh
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
abysmal ?

this again. i appreciate you trying to make the team better than what it is. oversimplification in my opinion
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Garcon, Kerley and taylor would have been much better. Kerley has 13 catches in ny which is just behing Garcon at 20 for us as far as wrs are concerned.

Seems we are looking for a third guy who can consistantly catch balls. Kerley was that guy.
agree. but no. lynch and shanny were so eager to put their so called sexy stamp on the team. well. we see the results of that offensively
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

agree. but no. lynch and shanny were so eager to put their so called sexy stamp on the team. well. we see the results of that offensively
Its alright cc they won't hit on every move. They did get Garcon who looks excellent and maybe found somthing in taylor. 2/3 ain't bad.
49ers suck in all aspect of the game, their is no way any of us can sugarcoat this.
Share 49ersWebzone