LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

After 4 weeks 49ers lead NFL in dropped passes

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The 49ers lack offensive fire power, meaning a razor thin margin for error. If they have chances at explosive plays down field, they better capitalize because opportunities don't present themselves often when you lack top-shelf talent.
San Francisco's pass catchers through four games led the NFL with 12 dropped passes, according to Pro Football Focus. Quarterback Brian Hoyer hasn't played particularly well but hasn't gotten much help, either.

49ers leaders in dropped passes, per PFF
WR Aldrick Robinson: 3
WR Marquise Goodwin: 2
TE George Kittle: 2
RB Matt Breida: 2
RB Carlos Hyde: 1
FB Kyle Juszczyk: 1
WR Trent Taylor: 1
http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/04/too-much-of-a-bad-thing-49ers-lead-nfl-in-dropped-passes/
Now imagine if we still had Vance

nope. it's the coaches fault.
I wonder how they define drops since I could swear Paulsen had one against the Rams or Cardinals. It was a nicely designed play when he was open and running down the right sideline about 20 yards and Hoyer floated it over his shoulder perfectly but Paulsen bobbled it and couldn't bring it in.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:

it is the fault of lynch. cut a good wide out like jerome for people who can not catch. wonder where lynch got his diploma for gm from. is looking more and more like tinker toy tech.
Originally posted by hummbabybear:
I wonder how they define drops since I could swear Paulsen had one against the Rams or Cardinals. It was a nicely designed play when he was open and running down the right sideline about 20 yards and Hoyer floated it over his shoulder perfectly but Paulsen bobbled it and couldn't bring it in.

No question.

I also want to note that these aren't just quantity of drops either but quality...critical drops at critical times of the games.

We also lead the league in penalties too. And same concept...the timing of the penalties are game changers.

Throw in the TO's and we deserve to be 0-4. We're literally finding new and creative ways to "piss it all away."

That's what a young team does. Even the veterans are contributing.
Originally posted by cciowa:

it is the fault of lynch. cut a good wide out like jerome for people who can not catch. wonder where lynch got his diploma for gm from. is looking more and more like tinker toy tech.

i wish we had kept kerley.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

me to, lead the nfl in dropped passes. penalties and as many have said. its not just the young kids making errors . i do not care how the young the team is. you expect more from them now , the more they play the game. this is not high school. if we are allegedly the best 0-4 team in the nfl then we should walk away with a convincing win sunday.. there is no excuse for this pathetic offense and i do not want to hear lectures about.. he big picture and he forest through the trees.. little things make up the big things. and we are not all doing the little things. big players make big plays and we have none of them. the players we did have like kerley and brooks got cut for players who are unwilling or unable to make plays
Doesn't Amari Cooper have like 7 drops and we still have more than the Raiders. That's impressive
  • evil
  • Veteran

Keeping Kerley would mean fewer opportunities for Trent Taylor right now as Jeremy's strength is as a slot receiver. Taylor has but one drop and has produced just as much as Kerley has this season in the pass game. Also keeping Kerley might have kept TT off the active 46 which would mean someone else returning punts, and Taylor has been pretty good back there so far and also moreproductive as a PR than Kerley has been this year.

• jcs
  • Veteran

Lynch can't pick his own nose without clearing it with KS first....
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by evil:

Keeping Kerley would mean fewer opportunities for Trent Taylor right now as Jeremy's strength is as a slot receiver. Taylor has but one drop and has produced just as much as Kerley has this season in the pass game. Also keeping Kerley might have kept TT off the active 46 which would mean someone else returning punts, and Taylor has been pretty good back there so far and also moreproductive as a PR than Kerley has been this year.
Taylor has also commited a few game changing errors that Kerley woudn't have...

Kerley could have also supplanted Goodwin last week and not failed half as bad as Robinson just did...
[ Edited by jcs on Oct 6, 2017 at 7:57 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:

Kerley could have also supplanted Goodwin last week and not failed half as bad as Robinson just did...
ok guys,. i will grant you guys taylor cuz i like the kid to but surely you could have found a way to keep taylor and kerley. a good coach will find a way to get his best players on the field. regardless of scheme in my opinion.. that is why not using the fullback the way lynch and coach said they were going to is just mind boggling but that is another topic for another thread. aside from taylor and garcon we have awful wide outs. then you have a qb who sucks and is also hampered by the worst pass protection team in the nfl. no, i am sorry. we deserve our record
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:

see, this is what i mean,. what would have been so tragic about the way jcs layed it out. its not like kerley had a poor attitude or bad camp

me to, lead the nfl in dropped passes. penalties and as many have said. its not just the young kids making errors . i do not care how the young the team is. you expect more from them now , the more they play the game. this is not high school. if we are allegedly the best 0-4 team in the nfl then we should walk away with a convincing win sunday.. there is no excuse for this pathetic offense and i do not want to hear lectures about.. he big picture and he forest through the trees.. little things make up the big things. and we are not all doing the little things. big players make big plays and we have none of them. the players we did have like kerley and brooks got cut for players who are unwilling or unable to make plays

too*
Share 49ersWebzone