LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 179 users in the forums

Week 4 2017: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Polkadots:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Whoever said on the TD pass to Fitz, to watch what happens between Bowman and Williams was right. Bowman runs over to throw Ellington's shoe to the sidelines and in doing so you can see Williams with his arms up questioning the defensive call from Bowman but it was too late as Fritz was given a clean direct route to the EZ and a clear blown assignment/miscommunication.

Yeah. I mean, I am not tossing my Bowman jersey out the window. But messing with the shoe was something I expect to see on a field of Pop Warner players.

And you can see Palmer, while Bowman was on the other side of the field, motion to his right side too.
Originally posted by Polkadots:
Whoever said on the TD pass to Fitz, to watch what happens between Bowman and Williams was right. Bowman runs over to throw Ellington's shoe to the sidelines and in doing so you can see Williams with his arms up questioning the defensive call from Bowman but it was too late as Fritz was given a clean direct route to the EZ and a clear blown assignment/miscommunication.

Yeah. I mean, I am not tossing my Bowman jersey out the window. But messing with the shoe was something I expect to see on a field of Pop Warner players.

Apparently Bowman got the message. #tank
Do we not have a better CENTER than KILGORE that guy can't block an elephant he gets blown up all the time being pushed back right off the snap we need to fix the interior of our line
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Irish40Niner:
Originally posted by susweel:
He hand pinked these QBs we were told he knows his system and was awwsome in trainning camp.

He just trying to sell him to the media and fans... He knew he wasn't ish and so did most of us fans. He would've done better to keep what we had and bring in Hoyer as what he is, a back-up.
Yeah.
No veteran free agent qb? No legitamate prospect? Riding with hoyer and a overdrafted rookie? Bad plan.

You can't say BeatHard was overdrafted because Scot McCloughan loves BeatHard and compares him to Matt Hasselbeck and Scot was the real mastermind here. Member? That's what you told us.

Scotty drunk wasn't perfect. Nobody is. He drafted some losers also.

And you really don't want to go back in time about who said what.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Oct 3, 2017 at 10:01 PM ]
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place

Hoyer went scared after he got blasted. Threw no catchable balls deep to receivers who were open. This was the one that frustrated me the most. A busted cover 1 with Pat Pete already breaking on the inside cut and he bails early looking for Hyde to save him while standing in a clean pocket.

Why don't we let the rookie make these kind of mistakes instead?
[ Edited by TheNef77 on Oct 3, 2017 at 10:16 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheNef77:

Hoyer went scared after he got blasted. Threw no catchable balls deep to receivers who were open. This was the one that frustrated me the most. A busted cover 1 with Pat Pete already breaking on the inside cut and he bails early looking for Hyde to save him while standing in a clean pocket.

Why don't we let the rookie make these kind of mistakes instead?

Rookie might have taken the shot...
Thanks Marvin. one thing that I keep seeing is Hoyer in the pocket with the rush coming and hesitating, killing the play. He overcompensates the next pass play by releasing the ball to soon leading to an incomplete pass. The way I see it Hoyer may have 3 or 4 good games this season but what we've seen so far is about it.
  • thl408
This play I had to see on all22 to see why Hoyer threw it away with a chance to win it in OT.

3rd & 5
Snag vs Cover 1

ARI will pattern match. Garcon starts his crosser. Red makes the 'Under' call and puts yellow on alert to pick up Garcon, then red sags to find work.

Read 1: the Corner. Red has outside leverage and defeats the Corner.

Read 2:The Flat route has no separation.

Hoyer throws it away without giving Garcon a try - with open space to work a Pivot route. It would have taken an anticipation throw.

And he didn't take the sack. Needed to run clock.

Garcon pushing off to get separation on the LB.

They put a TE to 1v1 a DE. That DE ended up pressuring.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
This play I had to see on all22 to see why Hoyer threw it away with a chance to win it in OT.

3rd & 5
Snag vs Cover 1

ARI will pattern match. Garcon starts his crosser. Red makes the 'Under' call and puts yellow on alert to pick up Garcon, then red sags to find work.

Read 1: the Corner. Red has outside leverage and defeats the Corner.

Read 2:The Flat route has no separation.

Hoyer throws it away without giving Garcon a try - with open space to work a Pivot route. It would have taken an anticipation throw.

And he didn't take the sack. Needed to run clock.

Garcon pushing off to get separation on the LB.

They put a TE to 1v1 a DE. That DE ended up pressuring.

I get that KS's comments were directed at Hoyer and the receivers but Garcon did his job there...Hoyer just....

He's going to cost us the Indy game with the way he's playing...
  • thl408
The TD.
4 Verticals vs Cover3

Cover3 rotations. James (26) will see the #3 starting his deep cross and match it.

KWilliams (24) the curl/flat defender has to re-direct Fitz out of the seam. Use footwork to position in a way that Fitz has to step further away from the middle of the field, and closer to RR, so that RR can have a better chance at playing 2 verticals.

Mid windup, Ward seems to have little depth, occupied by the #3 crosser.

[ Edited by thl408 on Oct 3, 2017 at 11:53 PM ]

You can't say BeatHard was overdrafted because Scot McCloughan loves BeatHard and compares him to Matt Hasselbeck and Scot was the real mastermind here. Member? That's what you told us.

Put freakin CJ in if Hoyer does his usual this Sunday to see what he has at this short point in his career.. I don't know why so many keep harping on some BS FQB when CJ hasn't gotten a chance to prove anything, it's like the guy doesn't exist. But then everyone knows so much in here and they are soooo smart and know the future especially....never freakin mind..
Originally posted by jcs:
I get that KS's comments were directed at Hoyer and the receivers but Garcon did his job there...Hoyer just....

He's going to cost us the Indy game with the way he's playing...
True this...I fervently hope not though..Maybe the D can score a couple of TD on INTs..
Originally posted by thl408:

3rd & 5
Snag vs Cover 1

I wonder if the protection call was wrong? It does seem odd that they double team the two DTs and leave Kittle 1v1 on the DE.
Am I right in thinking the it's Kilgore's responsibility in Shanahan's system? It wouldn't be the first time this season he's got it wrong.

And Bow chucking that shoe off the field definitely played a part in giving up that TD.

Tough to admit it, but a close loss is probably better than a win this season. And I like what I see for the future.
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:

Put freakin CJ in if Hoyer does his usual this Sunday to see what he has at this short point in his career.. I don't know why so many keep harping on some BS FQB when CJ hasn't gotten a chance to prove anything, it's like the guy doesn't exist. But then everyone knows so much in here and they are soooo smart and know the future especially....never freakin mind..

To be fair to Hoyer though I think we had about 8-10 dropped passes in that game. 3-4 from Robinson, 1 or 2 from Garçon, Kittle had 1, Paulson had 1, Breida had 1. That's just off the top of my head, several were for big plays. The long bomb to Robinson that was perfectly thrown, the 25 yd pass to Paulson that was perfectly thrown, a couple big 3rd down drops as well. Now I know Hoyer didn't have his best game and missed a few throws but by no means did his Wr's/TE's give him much help.

I honestly don't view Hoyer as the main problem, he's nothing special but I think if we don't drop all those passes and we don't kill ourselves with all those penalties then we win the game plain and simple.
Share 49ersWebzone